Start by marking “Me Before You” as Want to Read:
Me Before You

Me Before You

4.31 of 5 stars 4.31  ·  rating details  ·  159,947 ratings  ·  24,378 reviews
Lou Clark knows lots of things. She knows how many footsteps there are between the bus stop and home. She knows she likes working in The Buttered Bun tea shop and she knows she might not love her boyfriend Patrick.
What Lou doesn't know is she's about to lose her job or that knowing what's coming is what keeps her sane.
Will Traynor knows his motorcycle accident took away hi
Published January 5th 2012 by Michael Joseph (UK)

Lynge Munk
Being a male reader on a booksite you kind of expect to be outnumbered when it comes to the sexes. But that doesn't keep alarm bells from blaring like a convoy of reversing trucks when practically every reviewer of a book is of the female gender. And when the author in addition is touted as the winner of multiple romance novel awards your primal male instinct is to run like your being chased by some primordial predator.

So it was really against my instinct and better judgement that I began readin
CaroB
I'm sitting here with tears running down my face having just finished this book. I know I should probably let my emotions settle before reviewing but I want to get all the feelings down...

Firstly I want to say that the cover does not do this book justice. It gives the impression of a bland and fluffy read when in reality this is a heartbreaking story, with subject matter that may be difficult for a lot of readers.

The characters begin as likeable, yet maddeningly realistic in all their egocentri
Navessa
*WARNING: UNPOPULAR OPINION TIME*

People seem to love opening their reviews of this book with gifs of ugly crying. I see your ugly crying and I raise you some rage:

Many others have said this and I fully agree; this is not a love story.

This is a story that revolves around an immature, self-centered, vacuous woman named Louisa. She has no desire to do anything in life or better herself in any way, she’s perfectly content to work whatever job she can find, allow herself to be stuck in a loveless r
Rosalinda *KRASNORADA*

LIVE BOLDLY. PUSH YOURSELF. DON'T SETTLE.

***RE-READ ON 8TH SEPTEMBER 2013 WITH LA-LIONEE & ANA RITA, THANKS LADIES FOR MAKING ME RE-READ ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAVES***

------------ORIGINAL REVIEW--------------

This book, holly hell this book! I finished this yesterday and thought it was great but I can not express what I felt this morning when I woke up thinking about them.

Me Before You is real, just like life is real. This is not a sappy book with silly characters that fall in love and that’s
kristina
I'm not going to write a proper review about this book . I dont want to spoil anything for you. Just read it,you wont regret it.

Oh my god this book was so mind blowing but mostly heartbreaking.

Will
Best before : 19 March 2007

Lou
[image error]

Lou has to work for Will and in the beginning things are very difficult for both of them . Given the circumstances Will is all the time cranky, rude , vile to her because his life is miserable. However, they start getting along because Lou is the only person w
Christy
Just finished my re-read and all I have to say is everyone should read this book... EVERYONE SHOULD READ THIS BOOK!!! Still cried like a baby, but I love it!

photo eb06b2ca-63f7-41aa-be11-6426489ac868_zpscbb8a849.jpg

Before you start this book... be prepared to cry. You will cry happy tears and sad tears. You will smile, laugh, be devastated, ugly cry, and if your like me- you will love the journey this book took you on.

This is a story of two people who meet each other by chance, and change each others lives forever.

LOU
 photo Mebeforeyou4_zpsdd208967.jpg

WILL
 photo 9fa40325-d0dc-4c84-9e2f-7a30560640d7_zpsbc292ef3.jpg

Will used to be active. H
Kristalia
FINAL RATING: ★★★★★/★★★★★

“Hey Clark', he said.'Tell me something good'. I stared out of the window at the bright-blue Swiss sky and I told him a story of two people. Two people who shouldn't have met, and who didn't like each other much when they did, but who found they were the only two people in the world who could possibly have understood each other.

I drew a world for him, a world in which he was still somehow the person he had wanted to be. I drew the world he had created for me, full of
Pavlina loves Dex ❤❤
description

I'm sitting here with tears running down my face having just finished this book.Reading about the six months Louisa Clark and Will Trayner spent together made me laugh and cry.I have not stopped thinking about this book since I put it down!!It will stay with me for a very long time.....

description

Will Traynor lived an adventurous life until it was cut short one day. Will is a quadriplegic who needs care for his physical ailments his mother has hired Louisa to be a companion to Will.

description

Lou is a simple girl who
Emily May

As much as I like a good love story, I wouldn't call myself a romantic. Not by a long shot. In fact, I can be pretty cold-hearted when it comes to romance books, remaining emotionless in the face of tragic heartbreak and loss. The Fault in Our Stars didn't move me. Eleanor & Park was cute, but still an average read for me.

There's just certain things that I don't like. Emotionally manipulative books that feel as if the author set out with an agenda to tug at my heart strings - that would be
cEe beE
Me Before You is NOT a romance nor is it romantic, despite what the silly blurbs on the front cover claim. It is however a very moving and thought provoking LOVE STORY.

Reading about the six months Louisa Clark and Will Trayner spent together made me laugh then cry, then laugh and cry again. I have not stopped thinking about this book since I put it down, and it will stay with me for a very long time.

Jojo Moyes treats a difficult and controversial topic with sensitivity and a realism that isn't f
Stacia (the 2010 club)
3.5 stars.

Warning : There is an extremely misleading cover blurb on this book.
'Gorgeously romantic and partner-ignoringly compulsive.'

Is the story gorgeously romantic? Yes, it was in parts. Make no mistake though. This is not a "romance" book in the traditional sense.

Me Before You is the story of a quadriplegic man who had everything and lost it all in the blink of an eye after an accident left him helpless. Before the injury, Will lived on the edge and took risks. He had money, love, adventur
Joana

I wasn't prepared for this book.
I wasn't prepared to the range of the emotions i felt while reading it, how emotional invested i truly was.
I wasn't prepared for the beauty of it.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Me before You is not a romance but it's indeed a love story,and how they changed each other lives irrevocably.

I told him a story of two people.
M. ~ B&B

Oh my god. This book took me on such an incredible, beautiful, real, inspiring and touching journey. It's probably one of the hardest reviews I'm going to have to write. Throughout the story I was so anxious, nervous, excited and panicking, because I had no idea how it was gon
Karla

5+++ Stars! An unbelievably moving, bittersweet, beautiful love story!!

photo brokenheart_zps0e7c42e5.jpg

I don’t really have the words to describe how I feel about this book, other than it made me laugh… it made my heart feel full…then it broke it…and then it made me cry…the ugly cry!

This book centers around a controversial subject and it’s certainly for not for everyone, and even though my heart will hurt for days to come, I don’t regret reading it and will probably read it again…it was that good!

There are so many beautiful
Aestas Book Blog
*** FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED ***

What do you do when making the person you love happy also means breaking your own heart?

What an incredible story!!

When I finished this book, tears werepouring down my face. Itwas powerful, heart-breaking, and bittersweet but also oddly heartwarming. Absolutely unforgettable.I honestly think it’s impossible to come away from this book without an overwhelming sense of gratitude for all the blessings in your life.

I'll be honest, it's taken me over a year to work
Lise *friends don't flag*
“Just live well. Just live.”

This is such a hard book to review. There is so much I could say, but I know I would simply ramble on and on about how wonderfully written this book is, how the characters affected me, how the story broke my heart but made me feel so happy.

I smiled, I laughed and I cried buckets of joyful and heart wrenching tears.

Will Traynor lived a full adventurous life, until it was cut short one rainy London day. Will is a quadriplegic who needs round-the-clock care for his phys
Desiree
5+++ Remarkable Stars

I can’t even put into words how incredible, heartbreaking, and beautiful this story was. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes was without a doubt why I love reading. It moved me, really moved me. When an author can invoke a readers emotions, someone who can make you feel genuinely sad when the characters are sad and make you feel genuinely happy when the characters are happy. It’s just an amazing feeling so thank you Ms. Moyes.

The story is about Will Traynor’s life internal struggl
♡Karlyn P♡

5* 'Holy crap, this book GUTTED ME. ((Sniff, sniff))' stars!!

Warning: this is a beautiful story, but it is not a romance. Do not read in public, it will cause strangers to ask "uh, mam, are you OK?" And you'll spill the whole story and shake your head "WHY?!!!!!"

Audiobook: I listened to this one, excellent top-notch narration.

I don't know how to describe the story without giving away too many spoilers, but I will say that it was one of the most thought provoking books I have read in ages. This
Mo
Wow! Not an easy read - as other reviewers have said don't be fooled by the cover - it is not MY usual lighthearted romantic read. Is it Romance? Yes I think so but it is so much more ... very emotional - I laughed, I cried, had a sappy grin on my face and did I mention that I cried but don't let that put you off - give it a chance - it is a beautiful story.... Just reading all a the wonderful new reviews about this book brings a tear to my eye.

Liz
I cried reading Me Before You - not the hysterical sob kind of tears but the consistent streams of water droplets rolling down my cheeks kind of tears. It was sad, but it was also quirky and funny and full of life. The characters were lovable, frustrating, and easy to relate to. I really, well and truly, liked this book.

Two criticisms spring to mind:
1. I couldn't quite decide how I felt about the ending. Admittedly it is a difficult plot to built, and choosing between life and death is a tricky
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
**4.25 stars**

Warning: This book is not a "romance" novel.

It has to be said, this book is not what I think of when I think of a romance. Sure, there is love in this book, but that isn't the primary focus. The focus is the psychological struggle that each character goes through. Will and Lou are fascinating characters that will stick with me for a long time. Their journeys are both staggeringly painful and inspiringly transformative.

I have to say, this book hit close to home in many ways. My un
Brandi

I told him a story of two people.

Me Before You is a beautiful, thought-provoking, love story. I just don't have it in me to review, right now.

Honestly...
Emily
Did anyone else notice that the ultimate message of this book is that a disabled life is not worth living, even despite a caring family, endless wealth, the best medical care, and (by the end of the book) a devoted, loving romantic partner? For a while I was enjoying the story, but by the end I was deeply distressed about the moral and ethical implications of the book's ending. The book juxtaposes an adventurous, athletic, and sexually active lifestyle with life in a wheelchair - and decides tha ...more
Trudi
This book ripped my heart right out of my goddamn chest and crushed it while I watched curled helpless and whimpering in the fetal position on the floor. Oh how I wanted to SCREAM, and kick and throw a right tantrum like I haven't done since I was three. If the author had been standing in front of me I may have done her some bodily harm. I would have gone Medieval Annie Wilkes on her ass, okay? You dirty bird...how could you? I would have said with murder in my eye.

But before that very unpleasan
Karen
OMG!!!! SUCH AN AMAZING BOOK!!!!!

6 STARS

photo e8458b71b9ea08a724b7757f9c4fb4ae.jpg

“Hey Clark, tell me something good.”

It has taken me several days to work up the courage to review this book. And even now, I don’t know how I’m going to get through it without breaking down again. What I can say, is that this story touched my heart in a way that has changed the way I think about life… and about love. (and…in a good way) This book is based on a reality so intense, that it took away someone’s will to live, while at the same time it gave
Bonnie
A copy of Me Before You was provided to me by PENGUIN GROUP Viking and Netgalley for review purposes.

My heart was not prepared for those kind of feels... *sigh*

'The thing about being catapulted into a whole new life - or at least shoved up so hard against someone else's life that you might as well have your face pressed against their window - is that it forces you to rethink your idea of who you are. Or how you might seem to other people.'

Louisa's life is lackluster and she's completely content
Jeanette  "Astute Crabbist"
I wonder whose bright idea it was to dress up the cover of this book like a loud Valentine's Day card. It's not an accurate reflection of the tenor of the book.

Tracy Dalton
10 stars!!!!! More review to come after I process and dry my tears.

After two days, my tears have dried, but my heart still aches for Will and Lou. What a well written, wonderfully told story. The journey of these two is simply amazing, the gifts they each bring into each others lives. This is truly a story of love, determination and tough choices. I cannot even imagine being put into either of these situations. This is such a powerful book that will stay with me for a long time to come. If you
Rachel
I have loved this book. There have been lines which made me laugh out loud, I've been absolutely compelled to keep playing this for hours at a time to find out what happens next, it has also made me cry like a baby. The final one and a half hours had me gasping and choking like a mad-thing. I don't think a book has ransacked my emotions like this one has for years, possibly since Love Story in the nineties. This is probably 'Love Story- the 21st Century version' in fact.
Me Before You reminds yo
AJ
“You only get one life. It’s actually your duty to live it as fully as possible.”

ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE AND EMOTIONALLY STUNNING.

6 MASSIVE STARS

Every now and then a book comes along that completely knocks you on your ass, forces you to think and feel deeply, and reminds you of why you became a book lover in the first place. For me – this is one of those books. I can honestly say that this is one of the most incredible books I have ever read.

I knew before I started that it would be a heartbreaker
  • The Sweet Gum Tree
  • Calling Me Home
  • You Had Me At Hello
  • Dancing on Broken Glass
  • The First Last Kiss
  • Time Stands Still (Emi Lost & Found, #2)
  • The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1)
  • Lying Season (Experiment in Terror, #4)
  • Forever, Interrupted
  • God-Shaped Hole
  • Making Faces
  • Necessary Lies
  • You Don't Have to Say You Love Me
  • The Sea of Tranquility
  • The Art of Hearing Heartbeats
  • Painted Faces (Painted Faces, #1)
  • A Hundred Summers
  • Nowhere But Home
Jojo Moyes is a British novelist.

Moyes studied at Royal Holloway, University of London. She won a bursary financed by The Independent newspaper to study journalism at City University and subsequently worked for The Independent for 10 years. In 2001 she became a full time novelist.

Moyes' novel Foreign Fruit won the Romantic Novelists' Association (RNA) Romantic Novel of the Year in 2004.

She is mar
More about Jojo Moyes...
The Girl You Left Behind One Plus One The Last Letter from Your Lover The Ship of Brides Silver Bay

“You only get one life. It's actually your duty to live it as fully as possible.” 949 likes
“Push yourself. Don't Settle. Just live well. Just LIVE.” 614 likes