Start by marking “Why Do Cats Do That?: Real Answers to the Curious Things Cats Do” as Want to Read:
Why Do Cats Do That?: Real Answers to the Curious Things Cats Do

Why Do Cats Do That?: Real Answers to the Curious Things Cats Do

3.44  ·  Rating Details  ·  25 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Fun-to-read and filled with fascinating facts about feline behavior, "Why Do Cats Do That?" solves the mystery of how to correct misbehaviors effectively and compassionately. Color cartoons. Size A. 64 pp. 25,000 print.
Published April 1st 1999 by i5 Press (first published January 25th 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Why Do Cats Do That?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Why Do Cats Do That?

James Thane
Oct 09, 2011 James Thane rated it liked it
I received this book as a gift and so felt obligated to read it. Having read it, I feel honor-bound to review it, but this book is really outside my area of expertise and so I have asked my cat, Buster, to step in and write the review in my place. Her comments follow:

Although reviewing books is not my usual gig, I’m happy to slide in here and help out. I note that my owner has about eight million reviews posted on this site and at least now he’ll have one that’s reasonably literate. This will be
Amber the Human
Found this book for a dollar at The Last Bookstore. Figured why not. It's really quite short (I think I read it in about half an hour or so) and it does answer some questions. It's really more a "gift" book than a serious treaty on why cats behave as they do. But they are a mystery animal and we love them, so - why not?
Cheryl
Mar 12, 2015 Cheryl rated it liked it
Shelves: cats
It was at the library book shop for $.50. Most of the stuff were questions and answers I knew already. Sadly, I still don't know why my cat is compelled to eat plastic bags and plastic shower curtains or how to get her to knock it off.
Thecajungirl
Feb 16, 2014 Thecajungirl rated it really liked it
Well written. Index of questions and the answers are informative but short enough to hold a child's attention. Good book for elementary age child.
Lydia
I found this book to be less informative than I wanted it to be. I was really quite curious to know why cats did some of the things they did, such as go crazy for catnip, purr, etc. but it didn't provide as I had hoped. But I did, however, rather enjoy looking at the adorable pictures. :)
SilverdeThug
Jan 21, 2015 SilverdeThug rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book because it helped me know what my cat was feeling and why she rolled on her back with her stomach up.
Kay
Nov 13, 2009 Kay rated it liked it
For a non-cat person great for basic info.
Runa
Eire
Eire added it
Jan 21, 2016
Cathy Wood
Cathy Wood rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2016
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2015
Kelsy
Kelsy added it
Sep 02, 2015
Cory Cornwell
Cory Cornwell marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2015
Kelsy
Kelsy added it
Apr 19, 2015
Deb
Deb added it
Jan 11, 2015
Susan Wisecup
Susan Wisecup rated it really liked it
Aug 08, 2014
Robin
Robin marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
William A McLaughlin
William A McLaughlin rated it really liked it
Jun 11, 2014
Terri
Terri marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2014
hannah
hannah marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2014
Nicki
Nicki marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2014