Start by marking “Magick: The Greater Key Of Solomon - Order Of The Pentacles - Including A Clear And Precise Exposition Of King Solomon's Secret Procedure, Its Mysteries And Magic Rites, Original Plates, Seals, Charms And Talismans.” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Magick: The Greater Ke...

S.L. MacGregor Mathers

SEAK PEAK:

Here follow the holy pentacles, expressed in their proper figures and characters, together with their especial virtues; for the use of the master of art.

THE ORDER OF THE PENTACLES.

(1) Seven Pentacles consecrated to Saturn –Black. (2) Seven Pentacles consecrated to Jupiter –Blue. (3) Seven Pentacles consecrated to Mars –Red. (4) Seven Pentacles consecrated to the
Nook, 0 pages
Published September 4th 2011 by S.H.W. (first published 1400)

To ask other readers questions about Magick, please sign up.

Recent Questions

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Dr. Barrett  Dylan Brown, Phd
read when I was a Child... this is one of the Five (5) "Books of King Solomon" that are so Famous in the Occult Community because book number two (2) "The Lesser Key of Solomon" is about k-r@d "DEMONS," whereas This Book of Solomon, number One (1) I believe is Focused Soley on Angels...

Must re-read for any Serious, Academic, Anthropology-Oriented Scientist.
Jesse
Aug 20, 2012 Jesse rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book has some beautiful magickal seals and circles, especially the grand pentacle of Solomon, which was referenced in the Arabian Nights as the seal that he put on the djinn's vase.
Erika
Sep 15, 2012 Erika rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Alright, lets cut to the chase: this is an archaic prayer book, nothing more. If you expect detailed tutorials on how to call out for some demon friends, this is not the book for you. I wanted to read it 'cause I've seen it referenced in other books and media, so I decided I should give it a try and see what was what.
Throughout the whole time I spent reading this I kept wondering if people really attempted to perform these crazy rituals and, damn, I'm pretty sure it must have happened, which is
Bob Schweiger
Nov 28, 2007 Bob Schweiger rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: mystical students of the occult
This is a premer for the study of King Soloman's teachings in the occult world. Not easy to ready but packed with valuable information.
Susan Prout
I have had one of the medallions for years, now I know why I found it so fascinating.
neenahnikelle patterson
Not that good

Wasn't what I was really looking for. I will continue to search for the book with the answers I need.
inoel
Mar 29, 2008 inoel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
At lastt~! I've got the e-book of Clavicula Salomonis~! Yaay~! Okay, before people get me wrong, I’m not a occult fan boy, I’m not a satanic worshiper *gulp*& I don’t even practice magick or any other mumbo jumbo stuff.
The only reason I really want to read this book is: I regard this book as a astonishing art book~! The symbols (especially the symbol of those legions) that were used on this book rather appear to me as a beautiful art form; it’s somewhat inspiring me on creating my own artwo
Vrinda Pendred
I give this stars for the historical interest factor. But I wouldn't say this book is 'readable'. It's obviously full of coding I don't understand, and parts were downright creepy. But it was fascinating to think where this sort of thinking came from / the ancestry of it.
Cynthia Craig
Sep 02, 2016 Cynthia Craig rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: occult
Another one of those books that doesn't make sense to rate. The presents an Abrahamic, masculine view of magic. It emphasizes the use of language, so there are a million Hebrew names for God, spirits, and demons. The charts and diagrams are pretty interesting.
Marsha Altman
Dec 22, 2012 Marsha Altman rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
If you are familiar with halacha in early Judaism this book can be hilarious. Otherwise it's just boring nonsense.
Tyrell Warner
Jul 22, 2012 Tyrell Warner rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Useless "magick" of no actual power.

It should be self evident given it was supposedly written by Solomon.
Tamara
Tamara rated it really liked it
Nov 22, 2012
Phillip
Phillip rated it liked it
Apr 27, 2012
David Poole
David Poole rated it really liked it
May 09, 2016
Brian Mccall
Brian Mccall rated it really liked it
Feb 27, 2014
P. Emerson
P. Emerson rated it it was amazing
Jul 29, 2012
Clare
Clare rated it it was amazing
Jul 18, 2012
Brendan Shields
Brendan Shields rated it liked it
Sep 24, 2016
Jared
Jared rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2012
Brad
Brad rated it it was amazing
Apr 22, 2013
Anthony Schwartz
Anthony Schwartz rated it really liked it
Oct 29, 2015
LAOG
LAOG rated it it was ok
May 06, 2016
Jure
Jure rated it really liked it
Oct 04, 2012
Andrew
Andrew rated it liked it
Jan 08, 2011
David
David rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2015
Krystalynne
Krystalynne rated it really liked it
Jul 05, 2012
David Farley
David Farley rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2014
Emily Higgins
Emily Higgins rated it did not like it
Oct 29, 2015
Brigham Prophet
Brigham Prophet rated it liked it
Apr 27, 2012
  • Illustrated Goetia: Sexual Evocation
  • A Garden of Pomegranates: Skrying on the Tree of Life
  • Grimorium Verum
  • Enochian Vision Magick: An Introduction and Practical Guide to the Magick of Dr. John Dee and Edward Kelley
  • Three Books of Occult Philosophy
  • The Magus: A Complete System of Occult Philosophy
  • The Mystical Qabalah
  • Transcendental Magic: Its Doctrine and Ritual
  • The Magician's Companion: A Practical and Encyclopedic Guide to Magical and Religious Symbolism (Llewellyn's Sourcebook)
  • Modern Magick: Eleven Lessons in the High Magickal Arts
  • Hermetica: The Greek Corpus Hermeticum and the Latin Asclepius in a New English Translation, with Notes and Introduction
Samuel Liddell MacGregor Mathers, born Samuel Liddell Mathers and having allegedly added MacGregor as a claim to a Highland heritage for which there is little other evidence, was an English occultist best remembered as a founder of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn.

His translations of medieval grimoires and other obscure occult texts, while often criticized for their accuracy or incompleteness
More about S.L. MacGregor Mathers...