Start by marking “Magick: The Greater Key Of Solomon - Order Of The Pentacles - Including A Clear And Precise Exposition Of King Solomon's Secret Procedure, Its Mysteries And Magic Rites, Original Plates, Seals, Charms And Talismans.” as Want to Read:
Blank-133x176
Magick: The Greater Ke...

S.L. MacGregor Mathers

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  469 ratings  ·  15 reviews
SEAK PEAK:

Here follow the holy pentacles, expressed in their proper figures and characters, together with their especial virtues; for the use of the master of art.

THE ORDER OF THE PENTACLES.

(1) Seven Pentacles consecrated to Saturn –Black. (2) Seven Pentacles consecrated to Jupiter –Blue. (3) Seven Pentacles consecrated to Mars –Red. (4) Seven Pentacles consecrated to the...more
Published September 4th 2011 by S.H.W. (first published 1400)

To ask other readers questions about Magick, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Magick

Barrett  Dylan Brown
read when I was a Child... this is one of the Five (5) "Books of King Solomon" that are so Famous in the Occult Community because book number two (2) "The Lesser Key of Solomon" is about k-r@d "DEMONS," whereas This Book of Solomon, number One (1) I believe is Focused Soley on Angels...

Must re-read for any Serious, Academic, Anthropology-Oriented Scientist.
Jesse
This book has some beautiful magickal seals and circles, especially the grand pentacle of Solomon, which was referenced in the Arabian Nights as the seal that he put on the djinn's vase.
Bob Schweiger
Nov 28, 2007 Bob Schweiger rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: mystical students of the occult
This is a premer for the study of King Soloman's teachings in the occult world. Not easy to ready but packed with valuable information.
Susan
I have had one of the medallions for years, now I know why I found it so fascinating.
Erika
Alright, lets cut to the chase: this is an archaic prayer book, nothing more. If you expect detailed tutorials on how to call out for some demon friends, this is not the book for you. I wanted to read it 'cause I've seen it referenced in other books and media, so I decided I should give it a try and see what was what.
Throughout the whole time I spent reading this I kept wondering if people really attempted to perform these crazy rituals and, damn, I'm pretty sure it must have happened, which is...more
inoel
At lastt~! I've got the e-book of Clavicula Salomonis~! Yaay~! Okay, before people get me wrong, I’m not a occult fan boy, I’m not a satanic worshiper *gulp*& I don’t even practice magick or any other mumbo jumbo stuff.
The only reason I really want to read this book is: I regard this book as a astonishing art book~! The symbols (especially the symbol of those legions) that were used on this book rather appear to me as a beautiful art form; it’s somewhat inspiring me on creating my own artwo...more
Vrinda Pendred
I give this stars for the historical interest factor. But I wouldn't say this book is 'readable'. It's obviously full of coding I don't understand, and parts were downright creepy. But it was fascinating to think where this sort of thinking came from / the ancestry of it.
anna blume
მიმიქარავს ის ჰორორი რაც დღეს იწერება, იმასთან შედარებით, რაც რწმენის საუკუნეებში იწერებოდა. არა როგორც ფიქცია, როგორც დოკუმენტური გზამკვლევი. მიჩნდება კითხვა: ნუთუ ის, რაც დღემდე მოვიდა, სათანადოდ მოქმედია და ოპოზიციურ მხარეს არ უცდია ცნობისმოყვარეთათვის ინფორმაციის აღრევა? ან ბიბლია მხოლოდ ნათელი მხარის გადაწერილია და ბნელი მხარეები მის გავრცელებაში მონაწილებას არ იღებდნენ? ნუთუ სამყარო ამდენად კეთილია?
Marsha Altman
If you are familiar with halacha in early Judaism this book can be hilarious. Otherwise it's just boring nonsense.
Tyrell Warner
Useless "magick" of no actual power.

It should be self evident given it was supposedly written by Solomon.
Brian Lambert

Awesome! Great resource book of course.
Mike Allen
not what I expected for sure...
carl
Now isn't this interesting?
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2014
Cheyenne Johnson
Cheyenne Johnson marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Dave Smith
Dave Smith marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Amin Herold
Amin Herold marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2014
Niree
Niree marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2014
Wondmagegnehu Fikre
Wondmagegnehu Fikre marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
James Bovay
James Bovay marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2014
  • The Book of the Sacred Magic of Abra-Melin, The Mage — As Delivered By Abraham The Jew Unto His Son Lamech — As A Grimoire of The 15th Century
  • The Golden Dawn: The Original Account of the Teachings, Rites, and Ceremonies of the Hermetic Order
  • Magick Without Tears
  • The Book of Ceremonial Magic
  • The Magick of Aleister Crowley: A Handbook of the Rituals of Thelema
  • Three Books of Occult Philosophy
  • Transcendental Magic: Its Doctrine and Ritual
  • Modern Magick: Eleven Lessons in the High Magickal Arts
  • Hermetica: The Greek Corpus Hermeticum and the Latin Asclepius in a New English Translation, with Notes and Introduction
  • The Mystical Qabalah
  • The Magician's Companion: A Practical and Encyclopedic Guide to Magical and Religious Symbolism (Llewellyn's Sourcebook)
  • The Occult Philosophy in the Elizabethan Age (Routledge Classics)
  • Liber Null and Psychonaut: An Introduction to Chaos Magic
Samuel Liddell MacGregor Mathers, born Samuel Liddell and having allegedly added MacGregor as a claim to a Highland heritage for which there is little other evidence, was an English occultist best remembered as a founder of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn.

His translations of medieval grimoires and other obscure occult texts, while often criticized for their accuracy or incompleteness, served...more
More about S.L. MacGregor Mathers...
The Goetia the Lesser Key of Solomon the King: Lemegeton, Book 1 Clavicula Salomonis Regis The Kabbalah Unveiled The Grimoire of Armadel Sent from the Second Order: The Collected Letters of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn Astral Projection, Ritual Magic And Alchemy: Golden Dawn Material