Start by marking “Happily Ever After: Walking with Peace and Courage Through a Year of Divorce” as Want to Read:
Happily Ever After: Walking with Peace and Courage Through a Year of Divorce

Happily Ever After: Walking with Peace and Courage Through a Year of Divorce

4.23  ·  Rating Details  ·  65 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Kristin began her recovery from divorce to professional cyclist Lance Armstrong with a ring of 3 x 5 note cards. Each one held a hand-selected passage of scripture that helped her cope and survive that stage of her life. Now, in this powerful daily devotional, Kristin offers the same inspiring verses that helped transform her heart and complements them with her own compass ...more
Published April 8th 2008 by FaithWords (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Happily Ever After, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Happily Ever After

Pat
Mar 01, 2009 Pat rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am not divorced, but have been separated for seven years, ever hoping for reconciliation. So I can relate to much of what Kristin presents in this book. She does a wonderful job of offering rungs on a ladder, so to speak, to those who feel disoriented by the experience, and who wonder, every day, where life's truths still lie.

I saw her review the book twice on Oprah (2005, 2006?), and learned much from that appearance, both times. At first I thought, 'probably a good book, but I'm not divorced
Sheree
Dec 24, 2015 Sheree rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is one of my favorite devotional books. I have read it cover to cover several times and still enjoy rereading bookmarked passages. Kristin's insight offers hope and comfort during any time of change in your life....her scripture selections apply to any time one phase of your life is ending and you embark on a new phase....maybe moving to a new city, starting a new job, a child leaving home for college, etc. I highly recommend!

Amy Olander
Jul 23, 2014 Amy Olander rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this devotional during my divorce and again when another relationship fell apart. It is right on point with the emotions and feelings associated with the ending of a relationship. It points you toward Jesus and offers hope and inspiration.
Tally
Feb 23, 2008 Tally rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book came into my life at the PERFECT moment! I believe Kristin is truly a spiritual genius. Her insight for each day was so profound. She didn't baby herself, and she doesn't baby her readers either. She is open, direct, and relevant. She has the authority to talk about walking through divorce spiritually and never gives an inch to bitterness, self-pity, or regret. Yet I took great comfort each day in reading what she had to say. She constantly directed me straight to the Lord and often ga ...more
Dionne
Jun 07, 2014 Dionne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spiritual, devotional
"He can take the evil and repurpose it for good. He has not forgotten you."

If I could recommend one book for women going through a divorce, or who have been through one, this would be it! It was such an unbelievable solace, comfort and encouragement to me. Kristin shared from the heart how God had healed her, and there were many similarities to what God showed me as well. Amazing devotional!
Bb's
By Lance Armstong's ex...a surprise of a book which led me on a spiritual awakening I had not expected...a daily electoion on Bible passages intrepreted in her own words and applied to real life challengesd...a treasure to open on any page, everyday.
Andrea
Apr 17, 2014 Andrea rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an encouraging devotional for anytime in your life.
Elizabeth
Sep 16, 2007 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Divorced Women
AMAZING BOOK BY AN AMAZING WOMAN. I only aspire to have 1/4 the amount of love and courage this woman has. AWESOME READ!
Tammy Barton
I still have it on my night stand all the time. Constantly referring back to it when things get difficult!
Michelle
Jan 07, 2010 Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful daily reminder to see the flowers hidden among the ashes.
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
May 13, 2016
msjoyz16
msjoyz16 marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2016
Susan
Susan rated it it was amazing
Jan 25, 2016
Lee
Lee marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2016
Mary
Mary added it
Jan 16, 2016
Melinda Gooden
Melinda Gooden marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2016
Jacqueline
Jacqueline rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2016
Amy Pigott
Amy Pigott rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2015
Laura Roy
Laura Roy rated it it was amazing
Nov 04, 2015
Cindy Knoke
Cindy Knoke rated it liked it
Oct 29, 2015
Renee
Renee rated it it was amazing
Aug 21, 2015
Pam
Pam marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2015
Liz S.
Liz S. rated it it was amazing
Jun 02, 2015
Sherri Feliccia
Sherri Feliccia rated it it was amazing
Mar 17, 2015
Jani
Jani rated it it was amazing
Mar 15, 2015
Kristy
Kristy marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
Kimberly Anstaett
Kimberly Anstaett rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2015
Lynn
Lynn rated it liked it
Jan 20, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Kristin Armstrong is a mother, a writer, and a runner. She has written six books, including her latest, Mile Markers: The 26.2 Most Important Reasons Why Women Run.
More about Kristin Armstrong...