Quilts from the House of Tula Pink: 20 Fabric Projects to Make, Use and Love

Quilts from the House of Tula Pink: 20 Fabric Projects to Make, Use and Love

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  75 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Inspired fabrics and designs await you in "Quilts From the House of Tula Pink"!Welcome to the world of cutting-edge fabric designer Tula Pink, where clever quilts show off fanciful fabric, and your imagination can be let out to play. Featuring fabrics that you know and love, Tula offers 20 patterns with her signature flair for color, design and original style. Between 10 a...more
Published March 21st 2012 by Krause Publications (first published February 21st 2012)

Bry
Mar 21, 2012 Bry rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: crafts
This book is a fantastic addition to anyone's sewing library. It is full of beautiful photography, insightful tips and tricks for faster/easier sewing, lovely and creative projects, and COLOR!

The directions are accompanied by hand drawn illustrations. The projects have easy to understand directions and explanations. But the best part of the book is the stories behind the quilting of the quilts. The quilting is not meant to be just the final step in making a quilt, or meant to take a back seat t...more
Kathleen
Just not my type of quilts.
Carole
There are some clever pointers in here, for example her instructons on binding are the clearest I've seen, the actual free motion or longarm quilting is magnificent, and the steps in fabric design were interesting. The quilts are semi-abstract and only so-so, though, so I probably won't make any of them. But I do like her fabric regardless and will keep an eye out for new releases.
Janeen K
Library Book: Watched Tula Pink on Sewing with Nancy Show and loved her quilts. The book is also fabulous. diffidently would make some of her designs. Very easy, modern style. Love the colors May consider getting the Sewing with Nancy dvd & Tula Pink Book.
Debra
A really great book from the fabulous Tula Pink. Features beautiful, modern quilt projects, all embued with the author's style. Highly recommended for the modern quilt lover, although not a book I will purchase for my own collection.
Caro
Gorgeous fabrics, and I've clipped her directions for the Jack in the beanstalk pattern, but to be honest I had forgotten about this soon after reading. Pleasant but not memorable.
Sooze
I'm not a quilter but I enjoyed reading about Tula's creative process, especially the fabric design process- I love that frog!
Julia
Just not my style. Great photos though, and love love love her quilt Grand Salon.
Incredible fabrics too.
Lesabeth Romans-barclay
Will keep in my craft room! Lots of wonderful ideas for projects, plus great instructions.
Tisha
This book was ok, but definitely nothing I was super interested in.
Rachel
meh

Use of a nice quilting pattern that looks like wood grain.
Jocelynne Broderick
May 22, 2013 Jocelynne Broderick marked it as crafts
Shelves: buy
Found some projects I like so I may end up buying this book.
Beth
Nov 19, 2012 Beth rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: crafty
Beautiful.
Kelly
Kelly added it
Jun 18, 2014
Amy Rush
Amy Rush is currently reading it
Jun 18, 2014
Sharon Blanton
Sharon Blanton marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2014
Alexandra Allen
Alexandra Allen marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Manda
Manda marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Knapp
Knapp marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Lindsay
Lindsay marked it as to-read
May 19, 2014
Sharla
Sharla marked it as to-read
May 17, 2014
Byron
Byron marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2014
Tori
Tori marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
100 Quilt Blocks from the House of Tula Pink: Modern Blocks as Unique as You Tula Pink's City Sampler: 100 Modern Quilt Blocks Quilts from the House of Tula Pink