Start by marking “Quilts from the House of Tula Pink: 20 Fabric Projects to Make, Use and Love” as Want to Read:
Quilts from the House of Tula Pink: 20 Fabric Projects to Make, Use and Love

Quilts from the House of Tula Pink: 20 Fabric Projects to Make, Use and Love

Inspired fabrics and designs await you in "Quilts From the House of Tula Pink"!Welcome to the world of cutting-edge fabric designer Tula Pink, where clever quilts show off fanciful fabric, and your imagination can be let out to play. Featuring fabrics that you know and love, Tula offers 20 patterns with her signature flair for color, design and original style. Between 10 ...more
Published March 21st 2012 by Krause Publications (first published February 21st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Quilts from the House of Tula Pink, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Quilts from the House of Tula Pink

Bry
Mar 21, 2012 Bry rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crafts
This book is a fantastic addition to anyone's sewing library. It is full of beautiful photography, insightful tips and tricks for faster/easier sewing, lovely and creative projects, and COLOR!

The directions are accompanied by hand drawn illustrations. The projects have easy to understand directions and explanations. But the best part of the book is the stories behind the quilting of the quilts. The quilting is not meant to be just the final step in making a quilt, or meant to take a back seat t
Kathleen
Nov 20, 2012 Kathleen rated it liked it
Just not my type of quilts.
Sarahanne
Oct 22, 2015 Sarahanne rated it it was amazing
OK - it's Tula Pink and I'm a TOTAL fangirl. Setting that aside (sorta) this is a good quilting book. In my mind, if a book has at least 2 quilts that I want to make RIGHT NOW, it's pretty good. If the instructions are clear, it's really good. Add in a nice layout, great colors, and paper that is pleasant to touch, and you get an AWESOME quilting book.

Having an autographed copy straight from Tula Pink's hands? Swoon.
Kelly Smith
Jun 25, 2015 Kelly Smith rated it it was ok
I am a huge fan of Tula Pink. I just felt there was a weird disconnect with this book. I loved reading about how she designs her fabrics and she is so helpful when it comes to color theory. I would have loved a book that explored that more in depth. I felt the projects didn't really fit in with the rest of the book and didn't showcase her gorgeous fabrics that well. I would have been fine with no projects and more inspiration quilts.
Carole
Mar 18, 2012 Carole rated it liked it
There are some clever pointers in here, for example her instructons on binding are the clearest I've seen, the actual free motion or longarm quilting is magnificent, and the steps in fabric design were interesting. The quilts are semi-abstract and only so-so, though, so I probably won't make any of them. But I do like her fabric regardless and will keep an eye out for new releases.
Debra
May 20, 2013 Debra rated it really liked it
A really great book from the fabulous Tula Pink. Features beautiful, modern quilt projects, all embued with the author's style. Highly recommended for the modern quilt lover, although not a book I will purchase for my own collection.
Janeen K
Jan 28, 2013 Janeen K rated it it was amazing
Shelves: quilting
Library Book: Watched Tula Pink on Sewing with Nancy Show and loved her quilts. The book is also fabulous. diffidently would make some of her designs. Very easy, modern style. Love the colors May consider getting the Sewing with Nancy dvd & Tula Pink Book.
Louise Sander
Aug 07, 2014 Louise Sander rated it it was amazing
This woman is a creative genius. Look at quilt websites, and you'll see lots of Tula "wanna-bes." Just finished one of these to rave reviews. Simple but a lot of work, totally worth it.
Caro
Jul 20, 2013 Caro rated it liked it
Gorgeous fabrics, and I've clipped her directions for the Jack in the beanstalk pattern, but to be honest I had forgotten about this soon after reading. Pleasant but not memorable.
arlene h engel
Dec 25, 2014 arlene h engel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Easy Quilt Patterns

Tulane Pinks book is great. The patterns are easy and fun, vintage but modern. She gives lots of help and suggestions. Love the book!
Julia
Sep 15, 2013 Julia rated it liked it
Shelves: quilting
Just not my style. Great photos though, and love love love her quilt Grand Salon.
Incredible fabrics too.
Linda Storvik
Linda Storvik rated it liked it
Oct 28, 2015
Shari
Shari rated it really liked it
Jul 02, 2014
Jill Gardner
Jill Gardner rated it liked it
Mar 04, 2016
Nancy
Nancy rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2014
Cookie Oregon
Cookie Oregon rated it really liked it
Dec 18, 2015
Jocelynne Broderick
May 22, 2013 Jocelynne Broderick marked it as crafts
Shelves: buy
Found some projects I like so I may end up buying this book.
Corrine Kanno
Corrine Kanno rated it liked it
Jun 21, 2014
Laura Crafts
Laura Crafts rated it really liked it
May 12, 2016
Christine
Christine rated it it was amazing
Jan 15, 2015
Megan
Megan rated it it was amazing
Nov 18, 2015
LaRue Cook
LaRue Cook rated it really liked it
May 21, 2016
Barb
Barb rated it liked it
Dec 08, 2013
Amy
Amy rated it liked it
Aug 13, 2012
Felicia
Felicia rated it it was amazing
Nov 05, 2014
Slynne
Slynne rated it liked it
Sep 21, 2012
MaryAnne Struemph
MaryAnne Struemph rated it it was amazing
Feb 12, 2015
Diannesandland
Diannesandland rated it it was amazing
Dec 23, 2014
Linda
Linda rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2014
Allison
Allison rated it it was ok
Apr 21, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • The Practical Guide to Patchwork: New Basics for the Modern Quiltmaker: 12 Quilt Projects
  • Modern Log Cabin Quilting: 25 Simple Quilts and Patchwork Projects
  • Dare to Be Square Quilting: A Block-by-Block Guide to Making Patchwork and Quilts
  • Block Party: The Modern Quilting Bee: The Journey of 12 Women, 1 Blog & 12 Improvisational Projects
  • Material Obsession Two: Shared Inspiration
  • Sunday Morning Quilts: 16 Modern Scrap Projects Sort, Store, and Use Every Last Bit of Your Treasured Fabrics
  • The Modern Quilt Workshop: Patterns, Techniques, and Designs from the FunQuilts Studio
  • Scrap Therapy Cut the Scraps!: 7 Steps to Quilting Your Way through Your Stash
  • I Love Patchwork
  • Jelly Roll Quilts: The Perfect Guide to Making the Most of the Latest Strip Rolls
  • Quilting Modern: Techniques and Projects for Improvisational Quilts
  • Machine Quilting Made Easy!: Perpetual Calendar
  • Denyse Schmidt Quilts: 30 Colorful Quilt and Patchwork Projects
  • Fresh Quilting: Fearless Color, Design, & Inspiration
  • Free-Motion Quilting with Angela Walters: Choose & Use Quilting Designs on Modern Quilts
  • Amy Butler's In Stitches: More Than 25 Simple and Stylish Sewing Projects