Start by marking “Let's Elope: The Definitive Guide to Eloping, Destination Weddings, and Other Creative Wedding Options” as Want to Read:

Can't cope? Elope!

Admit it. You always thought eloping sounded kind of romantic, right? Too bad everyone expects you to have The Big Wedding -- the kind you always thought you wanted. So now that you're engaged and knee-deep in wedding planning, why are you secretly wishing you could just fly off to a tropical island and say your I do's in your bathing suit?

Well, you can!
Published January 2nd 2001 by Bantam

To ask other readers questions about Let's Elope, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Let's Elope

jess
Jul 16, 2008 jess rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2008
first of all, this book is small. a scant 200 pages in 4.5"x6.5" format, the book has awfully lofty ambitions and barely adequate room to even outline the ideas the authors wish they could cover. many subjects are provided only a third or half-page treatment, and it's a little difficult to imagine that the etiquette of eloping, for example, could be given a sufficient treatment in six pages, especially when four are focused on announcing the engagement and the wedding. i picked it up because it' ...more
Anna
Oct 10, 2009 Anna rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
This book really does cover everything you need to consider before running off and getting married.
Audra
Sep 10, 2007 Audra rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone with wedding issues!
Linda gave me this book! Ok, so I never actually ELOPED, but after reading this book, I had a chance to read about all sorts of cool non-conventional ways to get married! I wound up having the best of both worlds: a wedding in Vegas with 20 other peeps, and a live internet viewing for everyone back home!
Molly
Jan 26, 2011 Molly rated it did not like it
There were good justifications for anyone considering eloping, but I'm not sure that there reasons line up with mine. 'Here, you don't want to spend tons of money on a wedding? Then plan a vacation in Jamaica with your closest friends!' How's that any cheaper? I think we might be coming at this from different worlds.

Niagara Falls is looking pretty nice right now, though. Ho hum.
ChrisB
Oct 26, 2007 ChrisB rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: People who aren't into the big, traditional wedding thing
I was so happy when this book came out because there was previously no guide on the subject. My husband and I covertly eloped a few years ago, and we have never regretted it. This book had lots of great ideas for destinations as well as tips for handling other people's reactions to the news (whether the news comes before or after the vows). For anyone teetering on the edge, just do it!
Grace
Dec 31, 2007 Grace rated it it was ok
This book was really rather disappointing. There isn't much out there on the topic of eloping in the first place, and this book couldn't seem to be able to decide whether it wanted to be a book on why you should elope, or a list of general information on places to elope. It succeeds fully at neither.

Jodie St. Clair
Feb 02, 2008 Jodie St. Clair rated it it was amazing
Shelves: wedding
One of the best wedding books we've read yet. Not only a guide to elopement, but has great tips on how to keep your wedding small, and personal. Good for if you are interested in staying away from the industry.
Shauna
Feb 18, 2013 Shauna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wedding-related
This book was helpful while planning my wedding and, because of it, we did a hybrid elopement. It provided ideas that are outside of the box and it made me feel better about not having a cookie-cutter, expensive wedding.
Lesley Looper
This book makes for an okay introduction to non-church weddings, with some resources as well as points to consider re: telling family and friends.
Claire
Nov 04, 2009 Claire rated it it was ok
Good book if you are planning to elope. We are planning a destination wedding and there are better books than this.
Laila (BigReadingLife)
Jun 20, 2007 Laila (BigReadingLife) rated it liked it
Recommends it for: engaged people!
Good stuff.
Catherine
Apr 23, 2016 Catherine marked it as to-read
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Bree
Apr 02, 2010 Bree rated it it was ok
Shelves: nonfiction
More about how to plan a beach/destination wedding than "eloping."
Jamie
Jamie rated it liked it
Oct 20, 2014
Julie Eads
Julie Eads rated it liked it
Jan 07, 2013
Mandy  Hornsby
Mandy Hornsby rated it it was ok
Feb 06, 2010
Chapmantd Chapman
Chapmantd Chapman rated it it was amazing
Jul 12, 2012
Kim
Kim rated it it was ok
Aug 13, 2011
jamie
jamie rated it it was ok
Nov 13, 2012
The Holy Terror
The Holy Terror rated it it was ok
Apr 17, 2013
Kavitha
Kavitha rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2015
Melissa Lapsley
Melissa Lapsley rated it it was ok
Jul 21, 2008
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it liked it
Aug 13, 2010
Joe
Joe rated it it was ok
Jan 09, 2010
Ginny
Ginny rated it liked it
Feb 17, 2012
Sarah rated it it was ok
Mar 31, 2008
Breezy
Breezy rated it liked it
May 16, 2010
Lesley
Lesley rated it it was amazing
Nov 07, 2011
Ann
Ann rated it it was amazing
Jul 11, 2014
Sarah rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2014
119254
Born in the filmmaking capital of the world, Hollywood, California, Scott Shaw spent his early youth in South Los Angeles before returning to Hollywood for his adolescence. Shaw began writing poetry and long-form prose at a very young age. As his teenage years dawned he also added songwriting to his creative process.

Shaw was first published by poetry magazine in the 1970s. He continued forward an
More about Scott Shaw...