Start by marking “Alpha” as Want to Read:
Alpha

Alpha

3.33 of 5 stars 3.33  ·  rating details  ·  33 ratings  ·  9 reviews
A noble goal, and a stupid risk, but will it pay off?
The world of the future is starkly divided. Those with the money to afford it can become Alphas, people with superhuman IQ. The rest? Mundanes, unable to get a job beyond being a mechanic or working in food service, if they can get work at all.

But Nick, a mundane, disagrees with the system, and so does his dangerous frie
ebook, 1st Edition, 126 pages
Published September 15th 2011 by eXtasy Books

To ask other readers questions about Alpha, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alpha

My Fair Captain by J.L. LangleyThe Englor Affair by J.L. LangleyDark Space by Lisa HenryGravitational Attraction by Angel MartinezMind Fuck by Manna Francis
Best Gay Science Fiction Romance
168th out of 252 books — 431 voters
Mind Fuck by Manna FrancisEvenfall by Santino Hassell18% Gray by Anne TeninoA Strong and Sudden Thaw by R.W. DayHeroes & Ghosts by S.A. Payne
Gay Romance Futuristic Fiction
70th out of 112 books — 153 voters

More lists with this book...

Ayanna
This wasn't bad. The ending seemed kind of too easy/like a cop-out.

Still, it wasn't bad.

The implications of the machine thing are somewhat thought-provoking and I can forgive that it wans't completely expounded upon fully since this is primarily romance and not sci-fi.

Actually, I think this is the problem with some of the books I read. I don't read them as romances. I read them as whatever and get annoyed if it only focuses on romance. Or sex.

But...if it only focuses on sex, then it becomes erot
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
I really liked this story. I would have given it five stars but it was too short. I would have liked more development with Julian's character and would have liked more relationship development between the two main characters.

It ended too soon, they just get stuff set up and it is over you have no idea if it worked or what happens now that Julian knows everything... I really hope there is a sequel because it was a great story just too short. It has a HFN IMHO but if you are more optimistic than
Thalie C
[LONG review here, sorry.]

Wow, this book could have been really good. The plot idea is very interesting and the world the author created there seems full of potential. Seriously, it's the type of sci-fi story that could easily become successful.

Unfortunately, the plot wasn't developed to its full awesomeness at all. In fact, I found the author barely scraped the surface of it.

I finished reading the book and I'm left gnawing on a s**tload of questions!
How did Nick manage to involve Riki in his pr
Don Bradshaw
This was a good story with an interesting plot line. Set in the future, mankind is divided into two classes, alphas and mundanes. A family with money can have their children hyper educated through the aid of a machine to become the alphas. The mundanes are the normal people of average intelligence who scrape by as best they can. The alphas have it all from good jobs to upscale housing until a handful of mundanes decide to level the playing field. This could have been a 5 star book had the autho ...more
Noughty
3,5
It was interesting,a little short.

I liked the characters and the world created. It would have been better if it had another 15-30 pages. I'd like to read more about characters. The ending was a little abrupt.

(view spoiler)
Kristy Maitz
Not bad plot Ravon Silvius created in his book. Both main characters are interesting and you want to end and see what will happen. What I didn't like is the way writer pulls you to the end to quickly like he was in a hurry to end the book. Whole plot could me more creative.
Douglas Goodwin
Very good read. Plot was great and with every swipe of my nook, I wanted to keep reading. I hope to read more from Ravon Silvius soon.
Clover
was a nice read.
Rachel
3.5 rounded up
Donna
Donna added it
Nov 18, 2014
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
Tsubaki
Tsubaki marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
Jenni Lea
Jenni Lea marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Teazia Cockburn
Teazia Cockburn marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Gina
Gina marked it as to-read
May 06, 2014
Cdmr9816
Cdmr9816 marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2014
Hpstrangelove
Hpstrangelove marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2014
S.M. Franklin
S.M. Franklin marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2014
Debbie
Debbie added it
Dec 25, 2014
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2014
Kelly
Kelly added it
Aug 28, 2014
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2013
Adriano Maia
Adriano Maia marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2013
T.W. Spencer
T.W. Spencer marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2013
AkFa
AkFa marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2013
Paul
Paul marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Chivalry (Love is Always Write) Noble Magic (Enforcer's, #1) The Exam (Enforcer's, #2) Remembrance Air (WaterLord Trilogy, #1)