Start by marking “Second Opinion (Healing Touch Series, #1)” as Want to Read:
Second Opinion (Healing Touch Series, #1)

Second Opinion (Healing Touch Series #1)

Lauren moved to Dogwood Springs to make a new start away from family pressure to find a husband. Now she finds herself drawn to a man who does not return her interest. Archer was happy to be back at his childhood home, but rumors threaten his future there. Grant hoped Dogwood Springs would be a nurturing community for his twins, but he is discovering that drugs abd violenc ...more
Published March 1st 2002 by Bethany House Publishers

Jerry
Dec 05, 2015 Jerry rated it really liked it
A Quickie Review

An entertaining medical drama that dishes up both thrills and romance. Fans of Christian fiction will definitely love this.

Score: 4/5
peggharvyahoo.com
Well Done
Trinity Rose
Sep 22, 2016 Trinity Rose rated it it was amazing
Alexander is a fantastic book that I love. I’ve read many books by Hannah Alexander and love them all.
Dr. Grant Sheldon and Nurse Lauren McCaffrey are two very impressive characters. You just feel like they are real people and that they can be trusted.
Grant lost his wife two years ago and he hasn’t talked to God since then. He has teenaged twins who are so very opposite of each other, but love each other dearly.
Lauren has a fantastic parents and siblings, who are all married. Lauren feels lik
Linda
Dec 27, 2016 Linda rated it liked it
Very good. Can't wait to read the next in this series.
Wendy Sparkes
Nurse Lauren McCaffrey moved to Dogwood Springs to get away from the pressures of her loving family who feel that at 35, she really should be married and settled with a family. She's had enough of them setting her up on blind dates...and it doesn't help that she really does want to be married and have a family, but the guys she likes always seem to love someone else. Maybe she is destined to be single. Maybe she just needs to focus on God and sharing His love to those around her.

Widower Dr. Gra
Michelle
Dec 28, 2014 Michelle rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in the "Healing Touch" series. I was excited to see that one of the main characters was from the first series, "Sacred Trust." Nurse Lauren has moved from the Knolls hospital after her crush on the doctor (main character in that series) marries another. Now Lauren is embracing her single-hood, serving in her church, fishing, and working in the hospital.

Doctor, Grant Sheldon, has newly accepted a job at the hospital as ER Director and is looking forward to a more peaceful l
Debbie
Sep 04, 2013 Debbie rated it it was amazing
"Second Opinion" is a Christian medical suspense novel with some romance. It's the first in a series, but one character is carried over from the authors' "ER Trilogy" (which starts with "Sacred Trust"). You don't need to read that series to understand this one.

The suspense mainly comes from an unknown illness that is striking only this community--what is causing it? The characters also dealt with issues like the pressures put on the pastor, untrue gossip that is destroying the reputation of two
Dixie Petersen
Apr 28, 2016 Dixie Petersen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: loved-it
Excellent and well crafted story!

I thoroughly enjoyed this book! It had me quite intrigued when I read the blurb about the book on Amazon. I read several other books before getting back to reading this one. I was slow to get started (the book wasn't slow at all), and then I could not but it down!

Wonderful charismatic collection of characters; early story of love and loss; deepening mystery -- all mostly surrounding an ERand it's caregivers and patients; yes, it definitely includes moderately he
Jeni Enjaian
A review from my old blog...

Once again the writing duo of Hannah Alexander doesn't fail to disappoint. I love everything medical... one of the reasons I almost went into the medical profession... and the way that Alexander weaves together multiple stories works. I don't always like multiple story lines or too many characters and sometimes Alexander gets dragged down with too many.

While I probably won't ever purchase any of these books they are an enjoyable read and I don't mind spending time rea
Linda Rainey
Oct 09, 2014 Linda Rainey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is a Christian medical mystery set in Dogwood Springs,Mo" sweet sense of community ran deep in town, curiosity mingled with compassion.
Main characters Grant Sheldon, the new ER Director is a believer who has lost his way and Lauren, a seasoned ER nurse a firm believer.
Archer, is the young single Baptist pastor who starts volunteering as the Hospital Chaplain.
It's exciting how they use God's love and forgiveness to bring healing to a small town.
This was an easy read and made me feel right at h
Angela Bycroft
Feb 23, 2016 Angela Bycroft rated it it was amazing
With the fast-paced energy of ER, Hannah Alexander’s Healing Touch starts wit a bang and is just what this medical fiction junkie needed. I loved the characters and the hospital setting but there was plenty of action outside of those four walls as well.
With a mixture of suspense and drama, with great care and compassion. It’s a series that begs to be carried on with and I intend to do just that.
Bonnie
Aug 10, 2012 Bonnie rated it it was amazing
The Hannah Alexander team creates amazing characters that one can totally relate to. And this book tops my list with breathtaking ER action and true to life dramas. I loved all the twists and turns involving each doctor, patient, neighbor and the christian love and beliefs they shared. Lauren Mc Caffrey and Dr. Grant solve many things together as they are drawn into everyone's dilemmas including their own. This was one of my favorites, can't wait to read the others in the series!!
Kathy
May 25, 2010 Kathy rated it really liked it
Hannah Alexander, a husband-wife team, never disappoints. Their books have exciting happenings in the ER of a hospital, a mystery that often involves the town, people struggling with questions for God, people drawing closer to God, and romance somewhere in there. Since the husband of the team works in the ER, it seems very accurate and one can even learn about illnesses and the symptoms. Highly recommended.
Bob Allen
Dec 22, 2014 Bob Allen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Christian medical romance. A doctor whose wife was killed in a car wreck who is trying to rear two teenagers. A nurse who is single but desparately wants to be married and who has fallen for her pastor, who is also single but a bit clueless. A respiratory therapist who is single, raising 2 young boys and having strange episodes of wandering. Decent book where all turns out well. Realistic enough so that not everybody is saved (physically).
Frances Botelho
Oct 15, 2014 Frances Botelho rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
thank you for this wonderful story...

I've been searching for a romance that blends christian beliefs...this series is what I need to restore my faith...believable characters, with just the right amount of "flaws"...can't wait to start book 2
Deb Brammer
Aug 29, 2014 Deb Brammer rated it it was amazing
Art and I enjoyed reading this series by husband/wife team Hannah Alexander. You may not agree with the position on divorce and remarriage, but this is a good series that deals with real challenges and Christian issues faced by people in medical careers.
Tricia
Jan 05, 2014 Tricia rated it liked it
This book was neither great or awful. You could tell a doctor wrote it with the depth of the medical talk and it was sort of long winded in sections, for my like. So while I won't run out and get the second book in the series, maybe sometime I will.
Erin
Jan 07, 2008 Erin rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this trilogy set in a small Ozark town, especially as I had just moved to the same area when I read it. I enjoy Hannah Alexander's writing style and the medical scenes in these books are realistic but not overwhelming for those of us not proficient with the ER.
Kathleen
Feb 14, 2016 Kathleen rated it really liked it
a quick read for those like me that love a good clean Christian Medical/romance with some suspense involved. In this case, solving a series of unknown illnesses before it becomes widespread pandemic
Marilyn
Aug 03, 2015 Marilyn rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book. Cant wait to read Necessary measures. Unfortunately my library doesn't have a copy right now.
J.B. Hawker
May 30, 2016 J.B. Hawker rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable story with likable characters

I enjoyed the authenticity of the medical elements and the sound theology throughout this book. I will read more by this author.
Ratforce
A nice combination of mystery, romance, and inspirational message is the Healing Touch series by Hannah Alexander. Start with Second Opinion.
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was amazing
Nov 10, 2012
Joyful
Joyful rated it it was amazing
Jun 17, 2016
Tsgrant
Tsgrant rated it liked it
May 28, 2015
Dawn Tal
Dawn Tal rated it it was amazing
Dec 20, 2011
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was amazing
Aug 13, 2012
Jolene
Jolene rated it liked it
Dec 03, 2016
Julieandrews
Julieandrews rated it liked it
Aug 05, 2011
Debbie
Debbie rated it really liked it
Apr 02, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Fatal Harvest (Haven #1)
  • Whirlpool (The Julesburg Mysteries #1)
  • A Ship Possessed (J.D. Stanton #1)
  • A Shred of Evidence (Seaport Suspense #1)
  • Stainless Steal Hearts
  • And Then There Were Two (Dani Ross Mystery #2)
  • Fear No Evil
  • Medical Error (Prescription for Trouble, #2)
  • Deep Blue
  • Fatal Loyalty: A Novel
  • A Quarter for a Kiss (The Million Dollar Mysteries, #4)
  • Stain of Guilt (Hidden Faces Series, #2)
  • The Hidden
  • The Splitting Storm (The Storm Series #2)
  • Chop Shop (Bug Man, #2)
  • Line of Duty (Newpointe 911, #5)
  • Footsteps

HANNAH ALEXANDER is the pen name for the husband-and-wife writing team of Mel and Cheryl Hodde, who began collaborating on their first blind date. Cheryl is the wordsmith, and Mel is the medical expert who helps her with the medical plotlines and edits everything she writes.
More about Hannah Alexander...

Healing Touch Series (3 books)
  • Necessary Measures (Healing Touch Series, #2)
  • Urgent Care (Healing Touch Series, #3)

“Sweetheart, as soon as you have an angry thought you give it to God. He’s the only one big enough to handle it.” 0 likes
“Dearest Lord Jesus, keep me from sin, protect me from evil, and bring peace within.” 0 likes