Don't get Mad...Get Even

Don't get Mad...Get Even

3.55 of 5 stars 3.55  ·  rating details  ·  273 ratings  ·  26 reviews
What choices do you have when you are abused, cheated on and left with a trail of broken promises? Don’t Get Mad…Get Even. Take an inside look at Jamaican culture and lifestyle through a collection of award-winning stories. You will laugh, cry and commiserate with a compelling cast of characters, who conquer their challenges in unique ways.
Published September 14th 2011 by The Writers' Suite

To ask other readers questions about Don't get Mad...Get Even, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Don't get Mad...Get Even

Tina Hayes
"Don't Get Mad…Get Even" by J.L. Campbell is short story collection that is well worth the read. Set in Jamaica, each story features a unique new cast of characters who've been wronged in some way and, like the title suggests, they're dead set on getting even. The lilt of the dialogue brings alive the sound of Jamaica so I could almost hear the conversations in my ear as I read.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. If pushed to pick a favorite story, it would be 'Sudden Emancipation', an emotional sto...more
Medeia Sharif
This short story collection was an enjoyable read. As the title promises, each story focuses on a character who’s getting even against someone who didn’t do right by him or her. This is mostly contemporary, but there’s a touch of paranormal in this collection. I also enjoyed the setting of Jamaica and the patois interspersed throughout the book. J.L. Campbell is an author to watch out for. No matter how long each piece was, I was fully involved with the characters’ thoughts and actions.
Clarissa Draper
This is a collection of five short stories. I've become a fan of these little guys because they're short and they often pack a punch. And these do pack a punch--often literally. I felt for all the characters in the stories and I learned a lot about the male/female relationship in Jamaican culture. Pick it up, you can't beat the price.
Jazz
This book was filth. The book was only short stories that consisted of women killing their husbands basically.I don't have anything else to say, because the plots were so pointless.
Lathanette
Short Stories

This book was nothing like I thought it would be. it was all short stories and I am not fond of those. There's about four or five the last book is the longest. However I must say I was a f as st read. The stories are Jamaican based. This was Marist times as doing this author. I research her a little more to see if all her books are like this.
Vera Jones
Disappointed

Disappointed

I tried to decipher the story line , but I could not find a connection. Stories were fragmented and had no connection. I started to put it down several times but I am not the type of person who can let a book I started go unfinished. This book in my opinion was confusing and disconnected.

Ms.Tubman
Great Short Stories

Great Short Stories

I really enjoyed reading the short stories. I truly like the author style of writing. Book was a very easy read. One should be careful how one treat another. Smile
Darlene Gay-Allen
Enjoyed the reading. Very entertaining! Most of the stories made me want more. Great short stories.

Darlene Gay- Allen give this two thumbs up. I would definitely recommend this book and share it at book club
Tina Wilson

Short stories

just enough of a story to get you interested and then it's over. but I really did enjoy the stories.
Keshia
Karma

Karma

it onlY goes to show what goes around comes around what seems from greed leaves less then what a person begans with
Faye Loretta Smith
Totally spellbound

Great read that kept me intrigued. These short stories kept me wanting more. Bad people kept getting what they deserved and more.
April Johnson
Just ok

Just ok

Not what I expected. it was several stories in one. Didn't think the title fit the body of the book.
Paula
I love these short stories! I wish they would all become a novel. Very though provoking.
Regena Greene
Short stories

All the stories were good, but these were too short for me! Guess I'll look for the rest of the books.
Destiny
Interesting short stories about getting even. The Jamaican language was hard to understand at times. It was a free book on Amazon Kindle.
Tera Keller
Hmmm

it was ok. I thought it would be different. I really didn't like the ending though. it could have been more dramatic
Collette
Seven individual stories I wasn't prepared for but to my surprise I enjoyed how they flowed. Each story held it's own power and strength. Take a try you'll like it.
Amelia Johnson
Not at all legal but understandable, I was not keen on the girl who thought getting even was to end her own life.
M. Pax
I really enjoyed reading these tales set in Jamaica. JL Campbell is a gifted writer. I'm definitely a fan.
Alexis
Five short stories... All fairly good, some could have been a little longer.
Jenene

Thoroughly enjoyed this collection of short stories.
Catrice Gilbert
Lots of Drama and Revenge. But some of the stories were too short.
Shalice
I love short stories and this book did not disappoint.
Alicia
I really did enjoy these short stories.
Leanna
Leanna marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2014
cherlise meeks
cherlise meeks marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
Kesh
Kesh marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Maebelle richardson
Maebelle richardson marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
Normika Groves
Normika Groves marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
J.L. Campbell lives in sunny Jamaica, where she is always on the lookout for story-making material. She is the author of Contraband, Dissolution, Distraction, Don't Get Mad...Get Even, Giving up the Dream and Hardware (pen name Jayda McTyson).
More about J.L. Campbell...
Distraction Giving Up the Dream Christine's Odyssey #1 Contraband Saving Sam (Simms Siblings Series, #2)

“food in” 0 likes