Start by marking “Deep Domain (Star Trek, Book 33)” as Want to Read:
Deep Domain (Star Trek, Book 33)

Deep Domain (Star Trek: The Original Series #33)

3.45 of 5 stars 3.45  ·  rating details  ·  323 ratings  ·  6 reviews
A routine diplomatic visit to the water-world of Akkalla becomes a nightmarish search for a missing Spock and Chekov, a search that plunges Admiral Kirk headlong into a corrupt government's desperate struggle to retain power.

For both a Federation Science outpost and Akkalla's valiant freedom fighters have begun uncovering the ancient secrets hidden beneath her tranquil oc

Mass Market, 275 pages
Published April 1st 1987 by Pocket Books (first published 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Deep Domain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deep Domain

J.D.
Great ST novel. There is strong hold of Voyage Home tunes in it (which is a plus). Characterization of Kirk is bit off here. But it does reads as a TOS episode. I love Novels with Family/friendships bonds of Enterprise crew. I can even forget plot holes.
Larry Hernandez
I read this back in the 80's. It takes place during the first 4 Star Trek movies a favorite time period of mine. Cool story because it takes place on a planet mostly filled with water. The crew has a shuttle craft/ submarine that they use. The star trek movie I wish they would of made. Cool story & thats saying alot. With star trek books you have to watch for what author your getting because the quality of there books can be great or not so great. But overall a great star trek book. I've rea ...more
Daniel Kukwa
My favourite Howard Weinstein "Star Trek" novel -- a combination of his usual excellent handling of the regular cast AND a plot that acts as both an inspiration to the film story behind "The Voyager Home", while being an interesting and fascinating story in its own right. There's also a nice explanation behind Chekov's promotion to First Officer of the USS Reliant, as seen in "The Wrath of Khan".
Lindsay
The characters were a little stiff for characters that we all know so well, and in several places the writing was weak. I'm giving it 3 stars though, instead of the 2 stars I normally would have, because it has admittedly been a long time since I've read a Star Trek book, so it's hard to determine how good/bad it actually is.
Heather Domin
I just can't get into this one. It's not that it's a bad story or bad writing - not at all. It's just too full of politics for my taste at this particular moment in time. I'll try again in the future.
Michael Hanscom
Born from the same preliminary discussions that eventually spawned Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, and sharing many of the same overall themes, but telling a very different story. Not bad.
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
Billy Candelaria
Billy Candelaria marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Barry Tyler
Barry Tyler marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Andurilx
Andurilx marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Cardi
Cardi marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Berdetta Moore
Berdetta Moore marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
Kayla Mckinney
Kayla Mckinney marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
Rafel Ortiz
Rafel Ortiz marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Ratty
Ratty marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
Brian
Brian marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
Tokeli
Tokeli marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
Dalar B
Dalar B marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
  • Home Is the Hunter
  • Chain of Attack
  • Enemy Unseen
  • Rules of Engagement
  • Dwellers in the Crucible
  • Battlestations! (Star Trek: Fortunes Of War, #2)
  • Crisis on Centaurus
  • The IDIC Epidemic
  • Shell Game
  • The Cry of the Onlies
  • Three Minute Universe
Perchance to Dream (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #19) Exiles (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #14) Power Hungry (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #6) The Covenant of the Crown The Better Man