Start by marking “The Loneliest” as Want to Read:
The Loneliest

The Loneliest

One year after the heartbreaking loss of his wife, novelist Jason Roberts discovers a cabin hidden far away from the world in North Carolina's Appalachian Mountains. Jackie, his wife, was far too young to die. Now Jason must come to terms with grief and loneliness. Under pressure to deliver a new novel, Jason's mind begins to shatter. He hears voices in the woods, begins s ...more
Published September 1st 2011 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about The Loneliest, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Loneliest

Josh
Nov 30, 2015 Josh rated it it was ok
THE LONELIEST is a-grade horror encapsulating all the elements expected from the genre yet falls short by way of some amateurish-like writing (easy for someone who can't write a novel to say I know) in the early stages only for the writing to improve and the characters personalities to shine through, however, this being too late in the piece to redeem some questionable dialogue turn of phrase.

THE LONELIEST is a blend of Stephen King and Scott Nicholson, which, conceptually plays out perfectly -
Bob Clarkson
Jul 12, 2015 Bob Clarkson rated it liked it
First off, this author knows about depression and anxiety. They're front and center in this book - in Spades. In a way, this book struck me a bit like the movie, "A Beautiful Mind".

Mr. Cochran tells a story of an author writing a book about a fictional author who has murdered his wife a little over a year ago. He supposedly killed her over a long period of time, making her illness look like it and her death were cancer related. When she dies, he was doing research in South America.

The story of
Roberto Scarlato
May 29, 2013 Roberto Scarlato rated it really liked it
For Jason Roberts, a recently widowed author, taking some time in the Appalachian forests to rent a cabin is the perfect escape. He believes that he can work on a new novel while still coping with his wife's death. What gripped me most about this story is that usually depressed authors are typecast in stories as being alcoholics. However, what gives this story an edge is that Jason has schizophrenia. This adds layer upon layer to the drama as we travel with him through his writing, his mania, hi ...more
Sherrie
Dec 03, 2011 Sherrie rated it really liked it
This North Carolina based psychological thriller pulls the reader through a web of reality, psychoses and two-way mirror that will keep the reader guessing on which side of the looking glass you’re peering into…or out of. This was a bed-time read for me and I was sure to keep the lights on as the clock ticked into the wee hours of the morning. If there is not a screenplay in the works, I would be very surprised. From one chapter to the next, I could not help but see each character and the rustic ...more
Elizabeth
Mar 09, 2012 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
Shelves: thriller
What a great book to pick up at an airport, you won't care if your flight is delayed for hours. This book immediately pulls you in and keeps you on the edge of your seat. Stacey Cochran puts the reader right there in the scene, to share the terror and excitement of the main character. I couldn't put it down.
Jason Klein
Apr 29, 2014 Jason Klein rated it it was ok
It's a fair horror/thriller story, one that, to its credit, seems prime for a film adaptation. Picture 2008's Shutter plus 2012's Ruby Sparks. If I had to pitch this, how about a metafictional ghost psychological schizophrenia thriller that doesn't really develop its characters past the basics?
Carmen Zahiralis
Apr 09, 2016 Carmen Zahiralis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Riveting

Keeps you guessing about what's real, I liked Jason, I felt connected and intrigued by him and wanted him to be alright.
Jess
Mar 05, 2012 Jess rated it it was ok
I really don't like horror books (except Dean Koontz), so that's MY problem. I also found a few grammatical errors.
Jennifer Do
Feb 28, 2012 Jennifer Do rated it it was ok
I didn't see what was so great about this book. I found it a bit cheesy and think that I have read a book with similar undertones before.
Adam
Apr 22, 2012 Adam rated it it was ok
Started off good but lost me about halfway. The book within a book theme was definitely interesting but at some point I think that the story lost its grip on me.
Pamella
Pamella rated it liked it
Mar 07, 2012
Sandy
Mar 03, 2012 Sandy rated it did not like it
Shelves: kindle
Not worth the time.
Sarah Weathersby
Sarah Weathersby rated it liked it
Sep 14, 2012
Amy
Sep 27, 2012 Amy rated it did not like it
Amateur writing, poorly constructed and the book destroys suspension of disbelief.
Karen Taussig
Karen Taussig rated it really liked it
Jun 28, 2014
Todd
Todd rated it really liked it
Nov 10, 2011
Rose Mary
Rose Mary rated it really liked it
Aug 03, 2014
R.J. Keller
R.J. Keller rated it really liked it
Oct 12, 2011
Amanda
Amanda rated it liked it
Feb 18, 2012
Smf
Smf rated it liked it
May 16, 2013
C_lo
C_lo rated it really liked it
Aug 05, 2013
Bryan Dawson
Bryan Dawson rated it liked it
Jan 24, 2015
Frank
Frank rated it liked it
Jun 05, 2013
Jessica Zink
Jessica Zink rated it really liked it
Feb 22, 2012
Georgia Peach
Georgia Peach rated it it was amazing
Dec 06, 2011
Jill
Jill rated it it was ok
Oct 21, 2012
Cecilia
Cecilia rated it liked it
Mar 06, 2016
Christine
Christine rated it did not like it
Aug 06, 2012
Warrenpeas
Warrenpeas rated it really liked it
Jul 03, 2013
Caroline
Caroline rated it it was ok
Mar 08, 2016