Start by marking “Hollywood Stuff (Jane Wheel, #5)” as Want to Read:
Hollywood Stuff (Jane Wheel, #5)

Hollywood Stuff (Jane Wheel #5)

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  135 ratings  ·  16 reviews
She was a monastic person, one who would be happy to live as a recluse, a hermit . . . if only the other caves would hold occasional yard sales. Ay, there was the rub. Jane had to put up with all those other people because people begat stuff, and stuff, for Jane, was what brought people palatably to life. It made others interesting, warm, human. It was what people kept and ...more
Published May 30th 2006 by Minotaur Books

To ask other readers questions about Hollywood Stuff, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hollywood Stuff

Jennifer A.
maybe it's because I tried to read this book in one marathon setting before bed and I was tired, but this one just didn't have much to hold my interest. I'm almost done, so I'll finish it, but here's my thoughts:

1) these Hollywood-type main characters just don't hold my interest- there's too many of them, and the story seems waaay too convoluted. (the whole first draft of a novel written about the "real" character- what? huh?? all that was way too complicated for me to follow, which stinks, bec
Ricki
Wish I could have been in Hollywood with Jane Wheel looking for goodies! This is new territory for Jane. The book is set in Hollywood, with Tim and Detective Oh along for the ride. Jane's detective skills are improving, and even though her picker's instincts are thriving, she manages, mostly on her own, to get to the bottom of this convoluted tale. Old friends and memories conspire to trip her up, but Jane pulls through. Her recall of Detective Oh's instructions repeatedly guide her. This is a g ...more
Zuhairah Howard
Kathy
Jane and Tim and detective Oh are as much fun as ever. This time they are in Hollywood, because a producer saw Jane on a misguided tv interview show, and thought her life story would make a good movie. Jane really doesn't think so, but Tim convinces her not to turn down a free trip to a new picking area!

My favorite part was a lovely new murder method. It was almost as neat at the ones Agatha Christie used in PALE HORSE, but I will refrain from telling you what it was so as to prevent a spoiler.
Janel
It's maybe 2 1/2 stars. A cute book, and loved the flea marketer aspect of it. I just found it a little confusing...I finished it and I'm still not perfectly clear on the whole thing. Too many characters or something. There was something I liked about it though and and I would try another from this series.
Chris Curtis
I really like this series but this book just wasn't as good as the others. This series works best when Jane is at home in Illinois not in California. It was almost like that episode of Happy Days when the entire cast suddenly and conveniently all have reasons to visit Hollywood.
Bronwyn
Finished Hollywood Stuff and I'm on to the next in the series. I'm with everyone else. This entry was not as good as the others and the series works best when the characters are in their home setting. Of course I live in the Chicagoland area so I am biased in this.
Becky
This is the most current of the Jane Wheel series.
I have enjoyed all of the other books of this series
about Jane, an antique collector, but this one took
place primarily in Hollywood and just didn't perk
my interest.
Katie
My least favorite of these books, because it takes place outside the usual setting of Kankakee. Light mystery fare, fun for those who enjoy yard sales and estate sales.
Samantha
Great series...enjoy the details about her "picking" adventures. Jane, the picking private eye and her sidekick, Tim, don't seem forced or false.
Corky
In the fifth Jane Wheel book, she goes to Hollywood. Not quite as good as the others but still very enjoyable.
Mary-Frances
Loved it! Best one so far - great, interesting story - plot twists and as usual fun characters!
Becca
"Really enjoyed this 5th in the Stuff series. Jane and Tim go to Hollywood to discuss a film deal."
Deborah
Another great mystery a little further fro
Im home - love this character and the writing!!!
Tiffany
Not too bad - not as good as the others in this series but still good.
Kim
Not a show stopper for me.
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
Linda Harmon
Linda Harmon marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2014
Cameron
Cameron marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
Karen Berzins
Karen Berzins marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Cyn209
Cyn209 marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Malka Essock
Malka Essock marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Killer Keepsakes (A Josie Prescott Antiques Mystery #4)
  • Dealing in Murder (A Molly Doyle Mystery #1)
  • Ocean Waves (A Quilting Mystery, #3)
  • Pale as the Dead (Natasha Blake Ancestor Detective, #1)
  • Death at Glamis Castle (Kathryn Ardleigh, #9)
  • Nutty as a Fruitcake (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #10)
  • A Woman's Eye
  • Leave a Message for Willie (Sharon McCone, #5)
  • Crime Brûlée (A Carolyn Blue Culinary Mystery, #1)
  • Stitch Me Deadly (An Embroidery Mystery, #2)
  • The Book of Old Houses (Home Repair is Homicide, #11)
  • Shadows on the Ivy (Antique Print, #3)
  • Who Left That Body in the Rain? (Thoroughly Southern, #4)
Killer Stuff (Jane Wheel, #1) Dead Guy's Stuff (Jane Wheel, #2) The Wrong Stuff (Jane Wheel, #3) Scary Stuff (Jane Wheel, #6) Buried Stuff (Jane Wheel, #4)