Start by marking “The Concealed Handgun Manual” as Want to Read:
The Concealed Handgun Manual

The Concealed Handgun Manual

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  72 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Containing information on current state regulations, beginning and advanced shooting instruction, updated safety information, and accounts of incidents of concealed handgun self-defense, this comprehensive handbook intends to prevent gun owners from becoming the victims of a criminal or terrorist attack. The book offers advice for selecting and buying a handgun, discussion ...more
Published May 1st 2011 by Privateer Publications (first published July 7th 1997)

To ask other readers questions about The Concealed Handgun Manual, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Concealed Handgun Manual

Jim Pozenel
The portion of the title "How to Choose, Carry, and Shoot a Gun in Self Defense" is a bit misleading. Close to half of the book is in defense of carrying a concealed handgun and owning firearms in general. I think that most people who decided to read this book already had no problem with concealed carry laws. He is preaching to the choir. I myself have no problem with those laws.

While I was reading, I felt as though I was being recruited into a cult. Also, I felt that some of the deadly encount
Rae
This book was great in that it had everything I had been trying to find through Google fu in one place. Since taking the concealed handgun course and sending off my paperwork for my license, I've been working to try to educate myself even more. In particular, I felt like the class I took didn't go into enough detail about when and how to use your gun, what to expect if you do, and what has happened to other people who have used their concealed handguns.

This book had a multiple stories of firstha
Michael Adamson
Jul 03, 2008 Michael Adamson rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone-Espcially those who have or are thinking about a concealed carry permit
Recommended to Michael by: Self
This book teaches gun responsibility! If you have earned the right to carry a concealed weapon, you should continue to educate yourself about what you need to do to always be a responsible gun owner.

This teaches how to deal with life threatening situations in a positive and responsible manner. Remember the gun is always your LAST, not your first response! The most important tool is not the gun, but your mind and how you can get out of a situation without having to use it if at all possible.

This
Eric
This book contains loads of useful information. Stories of the consequences of using a gun for self-defence are quite eye-opening.The Gun Digest Book Of Concealed Carry and this one will be my two reccomendations to anyone considering concealed carry
Jessica Evans
You could do better for learning about psychology, ethics, or politics, but as far as the essentials of choosing, carrying, and shooting a handgun, this is pretty solid. In essence this is a book which gives solid technical advice about handguns, but juxtaposed somewhat superfluously within the kind of perspective that has become associated with gun culture, for whatever reason.
Clint Flatt
Lot of stories of real life situations of people using their handgun to save their lives and the consequences of their actions. These are told to hlep you understand the commitment and responsibility of carrying a handgun. Also helpful tips on gun selection, concealment and legal protection. Over all a helpful book for a new handgun owner.
Ryan
Very good basic overview for a concealed handgun owner or soon-to-be owner. I'm sure there are better books out there, but this was all I could find at the library. I wish the author would have gone into more detail behind the philosophy of what type of gun and cartridge one should choose.
William
A well written guide for not only those thinking about carrying a firearm, but for those that already do. The Sixth edition has updated material and the bibliography will point to more information on firearms, laws, training, and tools and equipment.
Nathaniel
This one is full of solid advice on what kind of firearm to carry, how to use it, and potential consequences (especially legal). A great starting point for the beginner. And, from what I hear, the updated version (2004) is even better than this one.
Sarah McKay
This is a great, informative, easy read. The real life situations (including recent events such as the Virginia Tech. shootings and Hurricane Katrina aftermath) really interested me. If you believe in the Constitution, read this book!
Damon Thueson
Fantastic book that will go over the basics for anyone who is new in the industry and any experienced person who wants a review. A must read for those who want to carry concealed.
Jeff M.
This was a great book with plenty of good information. I especially liked the real-life stories of people who had been involved in self-defence situation with a firearm.
Greg
Oct 03, 2008 Greg rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone planning to get a concealed carry permit
Recommended to Greg by: Tom Gresham
Very useful reference. I ended up with pages of notes and basically an outline of the primary chapters. Recommended this to my wife.
Troy
This a great book one that you can read over and over and still learn from it. Very informal and easy to understand.
KellyElaine
Excellent, thorough, informative reference for anyone who does or ever plans to conceal carry
Jeremy
A good beginners start if you are interested in carrying a concealed firearm.
Fleur
Fleur is currently reading it
Nov 23, 2014
Annag
Annag marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Scott
Scott marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
AnimalLover
AnimalLover marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
Mazhar
Mazhar marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Cmills
Cmills marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Amanda
Amanda added it
Jun 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Thank God I Had a Gun: True Accounts of Self-Defense To Catch a Tartar: Notes from the Caucasus Local Sustainable Homes: How to Make Them Happen in Your Community The Fundamentals of Horticulture: Theory and Practice The Fundamentals of Horticulture: Theory and Practice