If You Only Knew (Friendship Ring, #1)

If You Only Knew (Friendship Ring #1)

3.55 of 5 stars 3.55  ·  rating details  ·  215 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Tomboyish, 12-year-old Zoe is friends with everyone in seventh grade, even the boys. She's never wanted a best friend, until now, as she tries to win over quiet, serious CJ.
Paperback
Published July 1st 1998 by Scholastic

To ask other readers questions about If You Only Knew, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about If You Only Knew

Breanne
I bought this book in middle school and something about it resonated with me to the point that it's still one of my favorite reads. I love the simplicity of the writing style and the way that it perfectly captures that weird, confusing time middle school is for girls. Love, love, love this.
Ellen
i loved this book! i really just kind of liked the theme but, i dont know! i really liked it though! it started when my sister told me that she had a security camera hidden in her room. i knew she was lying, but she just kept on denying me! so i went into her room and stole a bunch of stuff including some books, pens, even one of her shirts! for about a week, she hadnt noticed or said anything about it. one day, i told her that i had stolen her stuff and that her "security camera" hadnt caught m...more
Jadah Abram
If You Only Knew
Rachel Vail
600L
Star Rating 3.5 Stars
#1- I actually enjoyed the book. I think it was because it was realistic fiction so I can better relate to the book. Also the book was about an average girl, Zoe, who was trying to become best friends with someone who she could talk about with anything. Zoe hopes that her friendship will last with CJ without breaking up CJ's friendship with Morgan, her previous best friend.
#2- My favorite part of the book was when Zoe asked Tommy, her crush, w...more
Samantha Glasser
I purchased the first and second book in this series as part of the scholastic book club in elementary school. It came with a replica of the friendship ring, a granny knot in silver, which I wore well into high school.

The characters in these books aren't all that different from many young adult characters. They're unsure of themselves, they want friends, they're curious about new things, etc. However, I enjoyed reading about them and they passed the time nicely.
Ellen
Feels pretty authentic. 7th grader needs to navigate friendships and how they change as hormones start to kick in. Zoe = Very likable protagonist. Tommy = good pal from childhood & possible love interest. CJ = pretty, popular girl & possible BFF Morgan = pretty, popular, in competition to be CJ's BFF Jonas= Tommy's twin.
Agnes Mack
I read this because I wanted to have some Young Adult recommedations to give to potential buyers of books for the YA genre and this came recommended. This is one in a 5 book series and while the writing was simple and the plot predictable I'm not going to lie - I want to read the rest!
Ruby Sc
As not much of a book nook I read this book not by force but at first i was very reluctant to start reading but in the end I really liked it It really reminded me of my friend at my old school because I was like Zoe and she was like CJ
Miss December
When I was younger, I read this when it first came out in 1998. It had such an appeal to me. The relationships/ friendships, etc.

Reading it as an adult though, there wasn't as much appeal. I still appreciate it for what it was though.
Delia
this was a good book but the shape of the book it self is a little strange. I think that this is one of the books were you need to read the whole series. also it is more of a girl book and i wouldn't recomend it to a guy.
Cierra Ross
This book is about how these to girls Zoe Grandon and CJ Hurley were friends.All of a sudden they wanted to because the best of friends over the school year.So Zoe had to figure out what she was gonna do about the situation.
Charlotte
This book was originally for my sister to read, but I think she just passed on it. So i read it, it's a quick easy read good for teens. Has positive messeges.
3 and a 1/2 stars from me :)
Joyce
It's a very nice story, i thought that zoe and tommy gonna be together but it turns to Cj. Too bad, but i really like it so much =)
April15
Very well written. Its about this girl her friends and family and their troubles. It's what some families really go through.
cubbie
i LOVE the painful, awkward realness of these books, exploring all the intricacies of figuring out who you are.
Kenley
this series is lame! they make 7th grade seem like a soap opera; it's so stupid. not worth reading...
Sally
I really liked this and was sad I could never find any more in the series!
Sylvia
Circle of friends starting grade 7. Nice Stories
jessica_is_a_bookworm
i think this book was pretty good.
Miranda Kerr-bloom
tommy and zoe! wink wink
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Blythe
Blythe added it
Jul 25, 2014
Magali Hassan
Magali Hassan marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Lexi
Lexi marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Areeba
Areeba marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
LeAnn
LeAnn marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
What's The Name o...: Friendship Ring Series! [s] 6 17 Sep 04, 2013 12:21PM
  • Dawn: Diary 1 (California Diaries, #1)
  • Amber Brown Is Green With Envy
  • Ryan White: My Own Story
  • Deal With It: A Whole New Approach to Your Body, Brain and Life as a gURL
  • Wild River
  • Anastasia's Chosen Career (Anastasia Krupnik, #7)
  • Who Ran My Underwear Up The Flagpole
  • The Giant-Slayer
  • The 6th Grade Nickname Game
Birth
I was born on July 25, 1966, in NEW YORK CITY, and grew up in New Rochelle, NY, with my mother, my father, and my younger brother Jon. (And down the street from my future husband, though of course I didn't know that until much later.)

Interests
Some details, I do know-I was very into reading and theater, so I read every book I could get my hands on (especially realistic fiction, either contempo...more
More about Rachel Vail...
If We Kiss (If We Kiss, #1) Lucky (Avery Sisters Trilogy, #1) Gorgeous (Avery Sisters Trilogy, #2) You, Maybe: The Profound Asymmetry of Love in High School Kiss Me Again (If We Kiss, #2)