God Wants a Powerful People

God Wants a Powerful People

4.52 of 5 stars 4.52  ·  rating details  ·  107 ratings  ·  19 reviews
God needs a strong and valiant people to run this last leg of the race for souls, and He gives enabling power to those who are faithful. In her compelling style, Sheri dew outlines five ways - scriptures, the gift of the Holy Ghost, priesthood ordinances, temple covenants, and the atonement of Jesus Christ - in which God makes His power available to us. "When we have the p...more
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published May 9th 2004 by Deseret Book Company

To ask other readers questions about God Wants a Powerful People, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about God Wants a Powerful People

Larry
Jun 11, 2014 Larry rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Larry by: Julene
I love listening to Sheri Dew because she inspires me to become a better person.

Also it is so refreshing to listen to a woman speak who isn't baby-talking the whole time. It is so annoying to listen to most women in general conference speak to us like they are speaking to a toddler. I shouldn't let it distract me, but it does.
Marjanne
This book was ok, but I don't feel like it really spoke to me. Maybe I just wasn't in the right frame of mind. I didn't find it enlightening or even particularly motivating. And one portion actually got me all riled up. Anyhow I am sure this would be a great book for some people, but it just wasn't really for me.
Gretchen
I have listened to this CD many times over that last few years and each time I learn something new that I need to continue in my life

I also have the book by this title with doesnot c ontain this talk and it is on my to read list but I can't add it there!
Mililani
Feb 13, 2008 Mililani rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: my g'children
Recommended to Mililani by: Lily McQuivey
It is my Mother-in-law's book. I am curious to hear what she has to say about it. It quotes from the Book of Mormon passages that I am now studying in. I keep thinking this is good for my g'children right now.
Jen
I also read it, did not listen to the CD's. I liked the lengthy discussion about women's relationship to the priesthood; I thought it was one of the more thorough discussions I have ever heard.
Heather
The latest book by Sheri Dew was very inspirational and encouraging. She told several of the stories that I heard when she spoke in November of this year, but it was still enjoyable.
Shauna
Put simply...I am a Sheri Dew fan. Anything she writes, I love. She has a direct, enthusiastic, and powerful ability to motivate and inspire. Just love the woman!
Inspired Kathy
Another great talk by Sheri Dew. I love listening to her talks. It's amazing how quickly I can get my housework done while listening to her speak.
Brandi Rogers
Sheri Dew is funny. She has stories to back up what she is teaching. I listened to this book on CD and it helped me to want to aspire to do better.
Colleen
Sheri Dew has an amazing way of connecting with people. This is a 50 minute talk she gave. I really enjoyed listening to it.
Annie
I really read the book but it only had the cd on display...so I chose to review it instead!
Trisha
This was the latest book I read. I got it for Christmas and I love it!
Angela
I love Sheri Dew. She has amazing faith and powerful testimony.
Cheryl
Some great thoughts, but not well organized. It's all over the place
Michelle
Sheri Dew. . .always appreciate her straight-forward insight.
Melissa Nielsen
I'm actually reading the book not listening to the CD. But Wow!
DixieJo
I actually read the book, but couldn't find it listed.
Amanda
I am so excited to read this book!
Danni
good book.
Heather marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Heather marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Mommywest
Mommywest marked it as to-read
May 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
62012
Sheri Dew graduated from Brigham Young University. She served as second counselor in the general Relief Society of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints from 1997 to 2002. In March 2003 the White House appointed her a member of the U.S. Delegation to the Commission on the Status of Women at the United Nations. In 2002, Sheri Dew became president and CEO of Deseret Book Company.
More about Sheri L. Dew...
Go Forward with Faith: The Biography of Gordon B. Hinckley No Doubt About It If Life Were Easy, It Wouldn't Be Hard: And Other Reassuring Truths No One Can Take Your Place God Wants A Powerful People

“It is not possible to sin enough to be happy. It isn't possible to buy enough to be happy, or to entertain or indulge or pamper ourselves enough to be happy. It is not possible to hide enough or run far enough away from trials and troubles to be happy. Happiness and joy come only when we are living up to who we are...

I have never met anyone who was happier because he was immoral, or because he was addicted to something, or because he was dishonest and compromised his integrity. ”
96 likes
“There is one thing the power of God and the power of Satan have in common: Neither can influence us unless we allow them to.” 64 likes