Start by marking “Vaizard Volume 1 (Vaizard)” as Want to Read:
Vaizard Volume 1 (Vaizard)

Vaizard Volume 1 (Vaizard)

Soma is a Vaizard, a protector of ancient tombs and their priceless treasures. Young archeologist Asuke hires him, but this routine job turns deadly when an ancient magical relic - capable of destroying the world - is stolen by an evil madman. The Vaizard and the archeologist will have to fight their way through tomb raiders, ancient monsters, mind-controllers and mummies ...more
Paperback
Published November 23rd 2004 by ADV Manga (first published November 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Vaizard Volume 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vaizard Volume 1

Nick
Apr 15, 2009 Nick rated it liked it
Sadly, only the first volume came out in English. It's a strange little fantasy, involving archeologists, magicians and others in a world which seems to be post-magical-holocaust in some ways.
A Vaizard is a guardian of sorts, who tries to fix some of the magical problems of the world. This one establishes the characters and begins the story, which would have continued in two more volumes out in Japan.
It's not great, but was certainly fun to read.
Lin Andy (E. G. Leevi)
Jun 12, 2016 Lin Andy (E. G. Leevi) rated it it was amazing
The characters were okay. It was literally like Fullmetal Alchemist, which is one of my favorite manga series. Soma is such a manipulated and reckless character. I hope that this series gets better. The reread was AWESOME! I get why the facial expression was so funny. I'd liked the idea of vaizards as archaeological partners.
Twyll
Aug 31, 2013 Twyll added it
Story rushed and confusing at times. Just kinda thrown into their world with just a little explanation as things comes up. I liked the main character Soma and his hilarious "manly" faces. Has potential. I enjoyed it despite the hurried storyline.
Warren Dickson
Warren Dickson rated it it was ok
Oct 06, 2016
Andromeda
Andromeda rated it liked it
Oct 25, 2014
Robert Boyd
Robert Boyd rated it liked it
Jul 23, 2011
C.E.
C.E. rated it really liked it
Feb 16, 2016
Klawr
Klawr added it
Apr 17, 2010
Benjamin Thornton
Benjamin Thornton marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2011