Start by marking “Burning Tigress (Tigress, #4)” as Want to Read:
Burning Tigress (Tigress, #4)

Burning Tigress (Tigress #4)

When a young Englishwoman in Shanghai, China, decides to learn the secrets of the East, will she learn the secret of true love?
Published June 1st 2006 by Leisure Books (first published May 30th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Burning Tigress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Burning Tigress

Deanna Against Censorship
Filled with sex with little emotion. We are told their is emotion but it is not there. The sex is cold. The pair are two-dimensional. The first part is slow. Then toward the end we get a little true emotion, but it about the past not the present.
I will not bother to read this series again. I was so intriqued by the Chinese philosphy and having an Asia hero. I really wanted to love this series. It just did not delivery.
Jan 05, 2015 Tasha rated it really liked it
If you are keeping up with this series, its book 4. Its about a spoiled white woman (Charlotte) who has a handicap brother, a fanatically religious mother, a cheating, low-life father and a Chinese servant which all live in China. Her best friend has just run off with another Chinese man (In book 2) and left her some sacred scrolls that depict different sexual poses. Not understanding the poses, she goes to her servant and ask him to explain and show her how to perform each step. He shows her so ...more
Jo Notary
2 of 6 books
356p Can sex be the gateway to an ancient mystical realm unheard of in the West? According to Chinese Tantrics, the answer is YES.
In Jade Lee's award-winning Tigress series, western women discover that sex is not simply for pleasure, but for religious ecstasy. Who will come out on top? The Western Tigress or the Chinese Dragon? And is the new erotic realm they discover LOVE?
BURNING TIGRESS (The Way of the Tigress, Book 4)
A Chinese seducer's only hope is to lure a western woman into h
Heather Wiese
Dec 28, 2012 Heather Wiese rated it did not like it
I'm sorry, I just didn't like this one at all. I actually read it quite awhile ago but then it went to the back of the review pile.

It's set in Shanghai, China in the late 1880s. Charlotte is English and the daughter of a wealthy family who is living there for business. Ken Jin is Chinese and a servant to Charlotte's father.

The first page has Charlotte accidentally walking in on Ken Jin using acupuncture needles on himself and her remarking on "what a large penis he has!" What?

Charlotte goes to v
Feb 13, 2009 Jen rated it really liked it
The fourth in the Tigress series, all set in the exotic locale of China, namely Shanghai.

I haven't read these in order, which is why I am occasionally confused about the characters, but for the most part it's a self-contained, straight-forward story. This particular installment deals with Charlotte Wicks, a boisterous young woman living in Shanghai, and the household's First Boy, Ken Jin.

Charlotte, frustrated by the constraints of being an Englishwoman, wants to receive an education no one of he
Dec 14, 2014 Ester rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jade Lee never disappoints with her stories. The characters were engaging and the Chinese culture was woven in perfectly. I love learning about China's history with Jade's books. The steamy love scenes kept me riveted to my e-reader. It was hard to put down.
Feb 22, 2016 laipeen rated it liked it
Shelves: china
the idea of 'Taoist method of going to heaven' doesn't go down well with me. i find it too fantastical. a bit far-fetched. i like the subplot written in epistolary style, through.
Jun 29, 2012 Jen rated it really liked it
I like the idea of a forbidden love. Inter racial romances always incites conflict, disapproval, ostracism and sometime hatred.
The writer could have gone into detail with the difficulties such a romance would have experienced. Especially white society's response to an Oriental Man of that class touching a White Woman.
This crossed not only the class barrier but also the colour barrier during a time when society was less tolerant than they are today.
I like the idea that they still ended up toge
Jun 26, 2012 Laura rated it it was amazing
Andrea Jackson
I liked it because it had an Asian male as hero and was in a culture/time period unusual for me in romance. But at times I thought the heroine's attitude was kind of imperialistic. The plot jumped around quite a bit. But love scenes were excellent. Both hero and heroine were alive. Some great insights into a new culture. Also kudos, for having a secondary character who was handicapped.
DNF - What can I say? They both sounded like idiots. The "spiritual" talk was way less interesting and spiritual than in other books in this series and the social and cultural implications seem to have disappeared entirely.
Erotic Horizon
Burning Tigress (Leisure Historical Romance) by Jade Lee (2006)
Aug 02, 2008 Daisy rated it liked it
Nothing like a good, smutty romance novel.
Quite different for a romance novel!
Jackie F
Jackie F marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2016
AB  Collins
AB Collins marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2016
Aby rated it really liked it
Sep 03, 2016
Lourdes marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2016
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2016
Debbie Fellencer
Debbie Fellencer marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2016
Norma added it
Jul 29, 2016
Corrine Krauss
Corrine Krauss marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2016
Glenda marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2016
Carey marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2016
Genevieve Pelletier
Genevieve Pelletier marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2016
T marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2016
Tina rated it liked it
Jul 03, 2016
  • A Man of Value
  • Kel (Zodius, #2.5)
  • Heart of Mine (Bandit Creek, #16)
  • Escape (Unchained, #1)
  • Warrior's Bride
  • Shadows of the Soul
  • Hot Under the Collar (Lords of Lancashire #2)
  • Aces Wild (Angels Avengers #1)
  • Stone's Kiss (The Avatars, #1)
  • The Lord and the Scorpion
  • Barely There
  • Dark Prelude
  • Not An Angel (Poryria Vampire, #1)
  • The Impostor Bride
  • His Devious Angel (Angels with Attitude, #2)
  • Border Lord's Bride (The Brotherhood of the Scottish Templars, #4)
  • Capturing the Silken Thief
  • A Night of Secrets (Night #1)
A USA Today Bestseller, JADE LEE has been scripting love stories since she first picked up a set of paper dolls. Ball gowns and rakish lords caught her attention early (thank you Georgette Heyer), and her fascination with the Regency began. An author of more than 40 romance novels and winner of dozens of industry awards, her latest series is RAKES AND ROGUES. The first one, 50 WAYS TO RUIN A RAKE ...more
More about Jade Lee...

Tigress (6 books)
  • White Tigress (Tigress, #1)
  • Hungry Tigress (Tigress, #2)
  • Desperate Tigress (Tigress, #3)
  • Cornered Tigress (Tigress, #5)
  • Tempted Tigress (Tigress, #6)