Burning Tigress (Tigress, #4)

Burning Tigress (Tigress #4)

3.41 of 5 stars 3.41  ·  rating details  ·  130 ratings  ·  12 reviews
A Chinese man's only hope of survival is to lure a western woman into his way of life. But the white woman he chooses wants more than bedsport. She doesn't see the dangers or that her seducer is the only one who can keep her safe.

In Jade Lee's award-winning Tigress series, western women discover that sex is not simply for pleasure, but for religious ecstasy. The question i...more
Mass Market, 337 pages
Published June 1st 2006 by Leisure Books (first published May 30th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Burning Tigress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Burning Tigress

Deanna
Filled with sex with little emotion. We are told their is emotion but it is not there. The sex is cold. The pair are two-dimensional. The first part is slow. Then toward the end we get a little true emotion, but it about the past not the present.
I will not bother to read this series again. I was so intriqued by the Chinese philosphy and having an Asia hero. I really wanted to love this series. It just did not delivery.
Heather Wiese
I'm sorry, I just didn't like this one at all. I actually read it quite awhile ago but then it went to the back of the review pile.

It's set in Shanghai, China in the late 1880s. Charlotte is English and the daughter of a wealthy family who is living there for business. Ken Jin is Chinese and a servant to Charlotte's father.

The first page has Charlotte accidentally walking in on Ken Jin using acupuncture needles on himself and her remarking on "what a large penis he has!" What?

Charlotte goes to v...more
Jen
The fourth in the Tigress series, all set in the exotic locale of China, namely Shanghai.

I haven't read these in order, which is why I am occasionally confused about the characters, but for the most part it's a self-contained, straight-forward story. This particular installment deals with Charlotte Wicks, a boisterous young woman living in Shanghai, and the household's First Boy, Ken Jin.

Charlotte, frustrated by the constraints of being an Englishwoman, wants to receive an education no one of he...more
Jen
I like the idea of a forbidden love. Inter racial romances always incites conflict, disapproval, ostracism and sometime hatred.
The writer could have gone into detail with the difficulties such a romance would have experienced. Especially white society's response to an Oriental Man of that class touching a White Woman.
This crossed not only the class barrier but also the colour barrier during a time when society was less tolerant than they are today.
I like the idea that they still ended up toge...more
Andrea Jackson
I liked it because it had an Asian male as hero and was in a culture/time period unusual for me in romance. But at times I thought the heroine's attitude was kind of imperialistic. The plot jumped around quite a bit. But love scenes were excellent. Both hero and heroine were alive. Some great insights into a new culture. Also kudos, for having a secondary character who was handicapped.
Monique
DNF - What can I say? They both sounded like idiots. The "spiritual" talk was way less interesting and spiritual than in other books in this series and the social and cultural implications seem to have disappeared entirely.
Erotic Horizon
Burning Tigress (Leisure Historical Romance) by Jade Lee (2006)
Daisy
Nothing like a good, smutty romance novel.
Jillian
Quite different for a romance novel!
Nancy Ordona
Nancy Ordona marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Karl
Karl marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Dawn Osborne
Dawn Osborne marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Tressa
Tressa marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Jenn Dee
Jenn Dee marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Theresa
Theresa marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Susan Garrett
Susan Garrett marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Cecelia
Cecelia marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
LaJeana
LaJeana marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
susan
susan marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Gloria
Gloria marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Bobbi Sandmann
Bobbi Sandmann marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Amy Klima
Amy Klima is currently reading it
Jul 13, 2014
  • Defiant Impostor
  • Aces Wild (Angels Avengers #1)
  • Yellowstone Redemption (Yellowstone Romance Series, # 2)
  • Love's Portrait
  • Renegade Passion (Zodius, #2.5)
  • The Warrior Trainer (Stones of Destiny, #1)
  • Dark Powers (Decorah Securities #4)
  • The Viking's Witch
  • Rogue's Honor (The Saint Of Seven Dials, #1)
  • Bewitching You
  • Dark Prelude
  • Not An Angel (Poryria Vampire, #1)
  • Lakota Surrender
  • Hot Under the Collar (Lords of Lancashire #2)
  • The Panther & the Pyramid (Khamsin Egyptian #4)
  • Barely There
  • FREEDOM : The Rake And The Recluse : Part One
  • Arrow to the Heart
A USA Today Bestseller, JADE LEE has been scripting love stories since she first picked up a set of paper dolls. Ball gowns and rakish lords caught her attention early (thank you Georgette Heyer), and her fascination with the Regency began. An author of more than 40 romance novels and winner of dozens of industry awards, she finally gets to play in the best girl-heaven place of all: a Bridal Salo...more
More about Jade Lee...
Seduced by Crimson (Crimson City, #5) White Tigress (Tigress, #1) Dragonborn (The Jade Lee Romantic Fantasies, #1) No Place for a Lady (Regency Rags to Riches, #1) The Groom's Gamble (Bridal Favors, #3.5)