Start by marking “That Way Lies Camelot” as Want to Read:
That Way Lies Camelot

That Way Lies Camelot

In this superb collection of unforgettable stories, muti-talented artist/writer Janny Wurts, one of today's bestselling fantasy authors, takes the reader to a very special Camelot that is both deeply familiar and delightfully foreign. Here are myriad tales of wonder and fantasy, all rendered with an artist's eye and a writer's voice.
Published February 1st 1996 by HarperPrism (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about That Way Lies Camelot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about That Way Lies Camelot

Jim
This was a sheer pleasure to read, a collection of short stories, both SF & fantasy, by a woman who normally writes long, detailed fantasy novels. I wish she'd write more. They fit into my busy schedule better. On top of that, she did the cover art. Maybe someday when I'm rich & famous I'll be able to afford to buy one of her paintings.

The SF stories were space operas featuring a couple of the same, excellent characters. I'm glad they were done as short stories interspersed with others.
Ron
Dec 19, 2013 Ron rated it liked it
Janny Wurts certainly know hoe to paint a picture--whether she uses pigment or words. Each short story is studded with images which leap off the page and into the reader's mind: fully realized, gripping images.

This book contains short stories--of which several are chapter tales of the same plot line. The stories range from high fantasy to space opera. They're good stories, well conceived and executed. One element that stood out was the character's motivations. Often skewed from the expected of
Kelsey S. Hock
Why to read That Way Lies Camelot:
- There are two storylines that have several short stories associated with them, which was unique (at least in my limited reading of short stories)
- You get to see how Janny Wurts is such an awesome writer and add her other books to your to-read shelf

Things that made this NOT a five star read:
- The first Spaceman story was good, but I didn't feel like it needed more short stories added to it and the subsequent ones I either skim read or skipped completely.
- Alth
Katharina Gerlach
I read an acclaimed novel by the same author and didn't much like it, so I was loath to read these shorts. But a friend of mine insisted they'd be worth my time... and boy, was she right. There wasn't a single story in this that I didn't like.

My favorite is the story about the boy who loves knights and all things medieval. But the one about the tree that's been harmed is lovely too. What I like about this collection is the great diversity. If the author had written more short stories, I'd probab
Sara
Dec 30, 2008 Sara rated it it was ok
A volume of short stories. Some repeat characters. Some of the stories were enjoyable but the series about Jensen I thought grew a little tiresome after awhile.

You may enjoy it. I, personally, am not the biggest fan of short stories. I know I should get over it but, hey, look, I read these.
Gonçalo
May 18, 2016 Gonçalo rated it it was ok
Recommended to Gonçalo by: Start typing for auto-complete
Shelves: fantasia
Enter your review (optional)
Elentarri
Nov 14, 2013 Elentarri rated it really liked it
Shelves: anthologies
Some really nice stories that entertain and make you think.
N.A. Fedorak
Feb 21, 2016 N.A. Fedorak rated it it was ok
There isn't an actual plotline and half of it is set in space. It seems more like a collection of short stories than a proper book.
Diana
Jun 09, 2009 Diana rated it it was amazing
This lady is a wonderful author!!!!!!!!
Helen
Mar 31, 2011 Helen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
good but short stories, so no momentum
Nix
Nix rated it liked it
Jan 26, 2016
Sara
Sara rated it liked it
Jun 05, 2015
Frances
Frances rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2016
Andre
Andre rated it it was amazing
Aug 16, 2015
Andreas Birgerson
Andreas Birgerson rated it liked it
Mar 26, 2013
Shelley
Shelley rated it it was amazing
May 04, 2013
Trista Weir
Trista Weir rated it really liked it
Mar 26, 2016
Athenenike
Athenenike rated it it was ok
Jun 19, 2013
Bounceandy
Bounceandy rated it liked it
Sep 20, 2015
Shaina B.
Shaina B. rated it liked it
Dec 25, 2011
Deborah Eddy
Deborah Eddy rated it it was amazing
Sep 23, 2013
Michelle
Michelle rated it liked it
Aug 28, 2010
Valerie
Valerie rated it it was amazing
Mar 10, 2013
Amanda
Amanda rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2010
Guipago
Guipago rated it really liked it
Jun 01, 2013
Gabor Jonas
Gabor Jonas rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2015
Janko
Janko rated it it was amazing
Jun 29, 2016
Stic
Stic rated it liked it
Jun 12, 2014
Cheri Edwards
Cheri Edwards rated it it was amazing
Mar 20, 2012
Mary
Mary rated it really liked it
Jun 29, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Broken Sword (Forever King, #2)
  • Merlin's Bones
  • Dragon Fantastic
  • Merlin's Ring
  • Interlopers
  • A Sorcerer's Treason (Isavalta, #1)
  • Merlin
  • Excalibur
  • The Crippled Angel (The Crucible, #3)
  • Visible Light
  • Wings of Fire
  • DAW 30th Anniversary Fantasy
  • Sea of Sorrows (The Sun Sword, #4)
  • Once Upon a Time
  • Some of the Best from Tor.com: 2012 Edition
  • Sword and Sorceress XVI
  • The Coming of the King (Books of Merlin, #1)
  • The Idylls of the Queen: A Tale of Queen Guenevere
Janny Wurts is the author of War of Light and Shadow series, and To Ride Hell's Chasm. Her eighteen published titles include a trilogy in audio, a short story collection, as well as the internationally best selling Empire trilogy, co authored with Raymond E. Feist, with works translated into fifteen languages worldwide. Her latest title in the Wars of Light and Shadow series, Initiate's Trial, cul ...more
More about Janny Wurts...