The Silver Land

The Silver Land

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  26 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Daughter of a peaceful Celtic clan, Melangell fell captive to Nechtan, the fierce warrior-king. The green-eyed beauty was his destined bride, according to ancient legend. But proud Melangell won her freedom, defying the very gods to claim a glorious and forbidden passion.
Published February 16th 1989 by Pocket Books (first published February 1st 1989)

Chris
Tea: A nice solid flavor.
Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It's another book I've reread more then once.Though this is an old book, I thought the story was really good. I don't know how historically accurate it is, as far as the Druids, and the history of the area. I honestly didn't care, because I was caught up in the characters.
Set in Celtic times, it follows a young girl, who becomes captured and turned into a slave...and escapes only to be confronted to the man who raped her. And whil...more
Tina
Historical romance from the 80's. Roman era, so not generally a period of interest, but I was bored and now I'm halfway through and am obligated to finish it.
Cindy
This is one book I can read over and over.
Maureen
Maureen marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2014
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2013
Ken
Ken marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2013
Spawna
Spawna added it
Mar 20, 2013
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2012
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2012
Vicky
Vicky marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2012
Marc
Marc added it
Aug 14, 2012
David
David added it
Jan 03, 2012
Wind Child Gender and the Organization: Women at Work in the 21st Century Gender and the Organization: Women at Work in the 21st Century On Being at Work: The Social Construction of the Employee The Social Construction of Management