Start by marking “Jaws The Revenge” as Want to Read:
Jaws The Revenge

Jaws The Revenge

3.29  ·  Rating Details  ·  157 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
The long suffering wife of Chief Brody decides she's had enough of Amity and heads off to the Caribbean to join her son, daughter-in-law and grandchild. However, the shark with an attitude just won't leave her alone... did it follow her ?, is it the same shark ?
Published July 1st 1987 by Berkley (first published 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Jaws The Revenge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jaws The Revenge

Cassie-la
Aug 17, 2014 Cassie-la rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2014-reads
REVIEW ALSO ON: http://bibliomantics.com/2014/08/17/t...

Yet another Shark Week has come and gone (with twice as many fake documentaries) and this year I chose to read perhaps the most torturous shark story to date -- aside from last year's read --- a novelization of the film Jaws: The Revenge. AKA Jaws IV. AKA The One That is Somehow Worse Than Jaws 3.

Jaws: The Revenge: it's a tale as old as time. Man kills shark. Man kills a different shark. Possible descendent of deceased sharks follows the ma
Ethan Parkin
May 18, 2015 Ethan Parkin rated it really liked it
When I said there wasn't enough of Mrs Brody's in Jaws 2, this isn't what I meant. I mean, yes, it is better than the film but what isn't? Thanks to it being based on an earlier draft of the script with more subplots and character development and Hank Searls writing. He managed to make a terrible film and a completely unnecessary sequel and turn it into something quite compelling. It's not as good as Jaws 2 but that's because this is the 3rd film sequel and 2nd novel sequel to something that was ...more
Petra Schuller
Feb 13, 2015 Petra Schuller rated it really liked it
To be fairly honest, I love the movies, but the books r way better, I dont really know why it took me this long to pick up those books!!!! Its partly slow but picks up fast again too, its a really quick read between huge books (if u get lost and out of love between huge ones ;) ) I really would recommend it further, even i preferred Jaws more.

Go on read it , if u look for a fast book for in between :)
Stephen
Jan 06, 2010 Stephen marked it as to-read
Okay, I have to admit that I am probably never going to really truly read this book.

I am just writing because I wanted to bitch about how bad the movie was.

The MOM/wife from the first two movies kills the shark when it jumps out of the water and she rams it with the front of her SAILBOAT ! HA HA HA HA !

Oh, and the best part...the shark lets out a loud ROAR like a lion when it leaps up !!!! Ha friggin' HA !

Good points about the movie? Actually it had very clear, very frightening underwater fo
Dennis Cooper
May 24, 2013 Dennis Cooper rated it really liked it
Yes the movie is very bad, However this book isn't a bad read at all. Okay it won't win any awards but still it's a lot more fun than the movie. Searls must of read the screen play and thought how can I make this more interesting or at least less awful. He does it by adding subplots and back stories. Including Vodoo and a spy story which were missing from the film. So if you find a copy it's worth a read even just to wipe the memory of the dire film.
Craig "NEEDS MORE DAMN TIME TO READ !!!!"
Pretty good. Was quite different to the shambles that was the movie haha.
Lauren
Dec 03, 2013 Lauren rated it it was ok
Unfortunately, this was a snooze-fest just like the movie. The plot was all over the place. There were way too many story lines and characters and the characters lacked depth. It didn't hold my attention and it took me forever to read simply because it was so boring.
Jilles
Oct 27, 2013 Jilles rated it liked it
Hank Searls is a great writer. To write a book that is based on a very bad movie, that is well plotted, filled with great characters, and makes sense where the movie becomes ridiculous, speaks volumes of Searls' talent.
Rod Foglio
Sep 22, 2013 Rod Foglio rated it liked it
Better than the movie, in that it actually attempts to give a reason why a shark would follow a family from the North Atlantic to the South. Also has a more plausible ending.
Chris
Sep 01, 2012 Chris rated it liked it
Worth reading. Oddly enough, better than the movie.
Marty Lee
Feb 05, 2015 Marty Lee rated it liked it
not too bad of a book, nothen great but not bad.
Kevin D
Kevin D rated it it was ok
Feb 08, 2016
Ronak Patel
Ronak Patel rated it liked it
Feb 01, 2016
Seth
Seth rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2016
B
B rated it liked it
Jan 31, 2016
Oonagh MacIain
Oonagh MacIain rated it did not like it
Jan 28, 2016
Daniel Griffin
Daniel Griffin marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2016
Hailey Delozier
Hailey Delozier marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2016
Julie Reathaford
Julie Reathaford rated it it was amazing
Jan 21, 2016
Ed Cooke
Ed Cooke rated it did not like it
Jan 21, 2016
Sergio
Sergio rated it really liked it
Jan 20, 2016
Mark
Mark rated it liked it
Jan 17, 2016
Steph Rathbun
Steph Rathbun marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2016
Jeff Phillips
Jeff Phillips rated it liked it
Jan 15, 2016
Julie Anne
Julie Anne marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2016
Mark Arthurs
Mark Arthurs rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2015
Carolyn Cummings
Carolyn Cummings marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2015
John Webster
John Webster rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2015
harry woolterton
harry woolterton rated it it was amazing
Dec 26, 2015
  • Meg: Origins
  • Deep Devotion
  • Thaw
  • Below
  • Isola Di Squalo (The Delmar Shark Chronicles, #1)
  • Behold the Child (Novella)
  • Predator X
  • Kronos Rising: After 65 Million Years, the World's Greatest Predator Is Back.
  • The Last Prince of Atlantis
  • Vespers
  • Dukkha: The Suffering
  • Beast
  • Adaptations: From Short Story to Big Screen: 35 Great Stories That Have Inspired Great Films
Born Henry Hunt Searls Jr. novelist and screenwriter Hank Searls, author of the best-selling Overboard, Jaws II (based on the movie), and Sounding, is creator of the New Breed TV series and writer for the 1960's classic television series The Fugitive . His novel Pilgrim Project became Robert Altman's film Countdown. He has lived most of his life on, under, or over the ocean, having been a world-c ...more
More about Hank Searls...