Jaws The Revenge

Jaws The Revenge

3.21 of 5 stars 3.21  ·  rating details  ·  98 ratings  ·  6 reviews
The long suffering wife of Chief Brody decides she's had enough of Amity and heads off to the Caribbean to join her son, daughter-in-law and grandchild. However, the shark with an attitude just won't leave her alone... did it follow her ?, is it the same shark ?
Published July 1st 1987 by Berkley (first published 1987)

Stephen
Jan 06, 2010 Stephen marked it as to-read
Okay, I have to admit that I am probably never going to really truly read this book.

I am just writing because I wanted to bitch about how bad the movie was.

The MOM/wife from the first two movies kills the shark when it jumps out of the water and she rams it with the front of her SAILBOAT ! HA HA HA HA !

Oh, and the best part...the shark lets out a loud ROAR like a lion when it leaps up !!!! Ha friggin' HA !

Good points about the movie? Actually it had very clear, very frightening underwater fo...more
Dennis Cooper
Yes the movie is very bad, However this book isn't a bad read at all. Okay it won't win any awards but still it's a lot more fun than the movie. Searls must of read the screen play and thought how can I make this more interesting or at least less awful. He does it by adding subplots and back stories. Including Vodoo and a spy story which were missing from the film. So if you find a copy it's worth a read even just to wipe the memory of the dire film.
Lauren
Unfortunately, this was a snooze-fest just like the movie. The plot was all over the place. There were way too many story lines and characters and the characters lacked depth. It didn't hold my attention and it took me forever to read simply because it was so boring.
Jilles
Hank Searls is a great writer. To write a book that is based on a very bad movie, that is well plotted, filled with great characters, and makes sense where the movie becomes ridiculous, speaks volumes of Searls' talent.
Rod Foglio
Better than the movie, in that it actually attempts to give a reason why a shark would follow a family from the North Atlantic to the South. Also has a more plausible ending.
Chris
Worth reading. Oddly enough, better than the movie.
Dustin Dennis
Dustin Dennis marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2014
Nathan
Nathan marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2014
Dennis
Dennis is currently reading it
Dec 15, 2013
Keith
Keith marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Born Henry Hunt Searls Jr. novelist and screenwriter Hank Searls, author of the best-selling Overboard, Jaws II (based on the movie), and Sounding, is creator of the New Breed TV series and writer for the 1960's classic television series The Fugitive . His novel Pilgrim Project became Robert Altman's film Countdown. He has lived most of his life on, under, or over the ocean, having been a world-c...more
More about Hank Searls...
Jaws 2 Sounding Overboard The Pilgrim Project The Lost Prince : Young Joe, the Forgotten Kennedy