Start by marking “Last Word: My Indictment of the CIA in the Murder of JFK” as Want to Read:
Last Word: My Indictment of the CIA in the Murder of JFK

Last Word: My Indictment of the CIA in the Murder of JFK

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  239 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews

The last word on the JFK assassination by the New York Times bestselling author and JFK historian!

Mark Lane tried the only U.S. court case in which the jurors concluded that the CIA plotted the murder of President Kennedy, but there was always a missing piece: How did the CIA control cops and secret service agents on the ground in Dealey Plaza? How did federal authoritie
Published November 1st 2011 by Skyhorse Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Last Word, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Last Word

Pete daPixie
Having read Lane's 'Rush To Judgement' and 'Plausible Denial' a long way back on the trail, I was compelled to get hold of 2011's 'Last Word'. I have to say that Lane's 'Last Word-My Indictment of the CIA in the Murder of JFK' holds the perpetrators firmly in the cross-hairs, anyone new to Citizen Lane or the coup d'etat of '63 could be better served elsewhere. (Lifton,Marrs,Fonzi,Hancock & Douglass.)
I still think that Mark Lane has contributed to the 'critics' case, even though I found few
Carolyn
This is Mark Lane's summing up of his 50 years of research into the JFK assassination. His first book, Rush to Judgment, critiqued the Warren Report and led many Americans to question the official answer that Oswald acted alone. He has also written several other books and two documentary films. By now, Gallup and other polls consistently show that 81% of Americans believe there was a conspiracy behind the murders of JFK and Oswald.

There are few surprises for anyone who has been following the ca
Dave Flores
I thought this was a very informative book. Lots of information jammed in there leaving someone to wonder why nothing extraordinary has been done about the investigation in the 50 years that the mystery has been alive.

Mark Lane seems to be a very knowledgeable person on the subject and his argument and proof leave me to believe pretty much everything I read.

I thought this was a good book but wasn't as exciting as I expected, he repeated some information here and there and there was a huge chun
Dav8d777
Apr 14, 2015 Dav8d777 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a very good, but not stellar effort by Mark Lane the leading writer on the "Oswald wasn't in it alone" side of the JFK assassination question. Lane wrote the first widely heralded book on that subject way back in the 1960s when he published Rush to Judgement. This book is, as the title indicates, his final book on the subject as he is advancing in years. He basically puts into plain black and white why he thinks the CIA did it and / or at least mounted a massive cover-up along with othe ...more
Steve Davis
Oct 17, 2012 Steve Davis rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nonfiction
Mr. Lanes most recent book updating the evidence for conspiracy. Read Plausible Denial first then this one. This is one of the best JFK assassination books ever written. Explosive evidence in this one.
Scott Duke
Jan 16, 2013 Scott Duke rated it it was amazing
authoritative! read Plausible Denial by same author first.
Dale Thorn
Dec 26, 2011 Dale Thorn rated it it was amazing
Lane opens with a remembrance to the 50 thousand-plus Americans who died in the Vietnam War, as well as the million or so Vietnamese who died in that conflict. I would like to open this review by stating what I've said elsewhere, that the debunkers who advocate the so-called official conclusions of the Warren Commission et al and deny government responsibility for John Kennedy's murder are actually far worse deniers than it would seem from the nitpicking and hair-splitting they do in arguing tha ...more
Gary Schantz
Aug 28, 2015 Gary Schantz rated it did not like it
As someone who has a big interest in presidential history, I like to peruse many different subjects that involve any president and their specific moments in history. Also I make it a point to read a few books on a particular subject so that I can draw my own conclusions as to "what the truth is".

The JFK assassination is without a doubt one of the most written about moments in history. There are as many books about conspiracy theories are there about the lone-shooter theories. Some of the books s
Sharon
Dec 29, 2016 Sharon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The CIA conspired to kill J. F. Kennedy!

Mark Lane spend much of his life trying to expose the truth that the CIA was a corrupt organization and directly responsible for the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.

Many people alive today may not even care what happened to JFK. They were born after the fact and may well think that it's all in the past. BUT it's not. The death of JFK was planned and carried out by the CIA, a government organization that continues to have far too much power.

The
Lynn Smith
Jun 12, 2015 Lynn Smith rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mark Lane was one of the first critics of the Warren Commission, publishing "Rush to Judgment" in 1966. When I began researching the JFK assassination in the mid-70s, after the Warren Commission Report, "Rush To Judgment" was one of the first few books I read on the subject (others including, and I recommend, Edward Epstein's "Inquest" and Josiah Thompson's "Six Seconds in Dallas").

This book is more recent (written in 2011). It is well written and gives a lot of detail about Lane's own odyssey o
Paul
May 31, 2015 Paul rated it it was amazing
Perhaps the last word on the JFK assassination: Planned and executed by the CIA because JFK wanted to abolish it. The setting up of Lee Harvey Oswald months in advance is disgusting. The CIA is a fourth branch of federal government answerable to no one, with an unknown taxpayer-paid budget, no governance, and no oversight. By its own admission, it is a criminal organization and has armed forces and an air force parallel to the U.S. It is fighting a simultaneous war in the Mideast alongside the U ...more
Vivian Valvano
I stopped believing in the Warren Commission and the "lone gunman" and the "magic bullet" years and years and years ago. And he's done prodigious and indefatigable work on his investigations. But this book is so disappointin as his "last word" that I'm not even star-rating it. It's so poorly written and so repetitious. And for a subject so important, it does no good whatsoever to be snarky and sarcastic, as is far too often the case here.
Thurston
Feb 18, 2014 Thurston rated it really liked it
Shelves: history, jfk
Should be required reading for all people.
Because I do not want to come under attack from the 4th branch of government, I will stand in their corner. I will cooperate and say and do whatever they ask of me so I can live in peace.
Gary Itano
Dec 06, 2015 Gary Itano added it
Shelves: civil, history
15c01 ##%#% ProjectCensored_Mark Lane 'Last Word- My Indictment of the CIA in the Murder of JFK'.mp3

CIA confessions & information seeped out over the last 50 years implicating the CIA in the JFK, et al, assassinations.

Kenneth Soto
Aug 16, 2015 Kenneth Soto rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book our duty to read

Great book a must read our duty it's US history
a citizens duty to read it is mind blowing you learn something new
Phil Nelson
Jan 01, 2015 Phil Nelson rated it really liked it
My friend Samuel Crook turned me on to this book.
If you into the JFK thing and the CIA, you might enjoy this book.
Garry Fry
Sep 29, 2014 Garry Fry rated it really liked it
A genuine authority on the subject. There from the beginning.
Karen
May 28, 2015 Karen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very disturbing
Sam
Mar 06, 2013 Sam rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
Good summation of the conspiracy theory that makes it seem much more than a theory. Probably should have started with his preceeding novels. Would have liked to have seen better footnoting.
Rachael
Oct 13, 2012 Rachael rated it it was amazing
Fascinating and eye-opening
Carol
Apr 29, 2012 Carol marked it as to-read
Everyone should read "JFK and the unspeakable Why he died and why it matters" on the same topic. It is well written and has so much evidence of the CIA involvement.
Mrjbeee
Oct 22, 2014 Mrjbeee rated it liked it
The CIA is bugged out. ML is very informative and detailed. A bit repetitive but was good.
Mr. Steve
Mar 08, 2013 Mr. Steve rated it liked it
Shelves: adult-nf
Some interesting info, definitely - and bits and pieces I hadn't heard before.
Patty Abrams
Dec 28, 2013 Patty Abrams rated it liked it
Shelves: history-kennedy
Rather than an explanation of the CIA's involvement in the JFK murder, Mark Lane goes more into the reactions to his research and writing of his own books. A bit tedious.
Michael Rinella
Michael Rinella rated it liked it
Jun 04, 2014
Susan
Susan rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2016
Jean Delaney
Jean Delaney rated it really liked it
Jun 26, 2015
Paul Horn
Paul Horn rated it really liked it
Oct 09, 2012
Neil Mckernan
Neil Mckernan rated it liked it
Mar 19, 2013
Donald
Donald rated it really liked it
Jul 29, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • High Treason: The Assassination of JFK & the Case for Conspiracy
  • JFK: The CIA, Vietnam and the Plot to Assassinate John F. Kennedy
  • Ultimate Sacrifice: John and Robert Kennedy, the Plan for a Coup in Cuba, and the Murder of JFK
  • The Warren Commission Report: The Official Report of the President's Commission on the Assassination of President John F. Kennedy
  • Deep Politics and the Death of JFK
  • The Last Investigation
  • Hit List: An In-Depth Investigation into the Mysterious Deaths of Witnesses to the JFK Assassination
  • Crossfire: The Plot That Killed Kennedy
  • On the Trail of the Assassins
  • Mortal Error: The Shot That Killed JFK, A ballistics expert's astonishing discovery of the fatal bullet that Oswald did not fire
  • The Echo from Dealey Plaza: the True Story of the First African American on the White House Secret Service Detail and His Quest for Justice After the Assassination of JFK
  • Best Evidence
  • Mary's Mosaic: The CIA Conspiracy to Murder John F. Kennedy, Mary Pinchot Meyer, and Their Vision for World Peace
  • The Man Who Killed Kennedy: The Case Against LBJ
  • Survivor's Guilt: The Secret Service and the Failure to Protect President Kennedy
  • The CIA And The Cult Of Intelligence
  • A Terrible Mistake: The Murder of Frank Olson and the CIA's Secret Cold War Experiments
  • The Politics of Heroin in Southeast Asia

Biography
Mark Lane is an author, lawyer and activist. His was the first voice to publicly question the top secret investigation into the assassination of President John F. Kennedy, and his bestselling book, Rush to Judgment, was one of the first to question the Warren Commission's conclusion that Lee Harvey Oswald was the lone assassin. A Citizen's Dissent recounts the vast efforts of our governme
More about Mark Lane...