Start by marking “Closer Than Touch (Zodiac Forces, #1)” as Want to Read:
Closer Than Touch (Zodiac Forces, #1)

Closer Than Touch (Zodiac Forces #1)

Deia has difficulty keeping partners; no matter how hard they try, they keep winding up dead. Bad enough in a special operations unit, but Deia is a Gemini, meant to work with a partner at a level of intimacy that leaves all his other relationships dull and distant by comparison.

Tired of his partners dying, Deia is ready to transfer to Scorpio, where working alone isn’t a
ebook
Published January 4th 2012 by Less Than Three Press

To ask other readers questions about Closer Than Touch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Closer Than Touch

Cole Riann
Review posted at Brief Encounters Reviews.

The government’s offensive agency is called the Zodiac Force, made up of different types of operatives with different skill sets and responsibilities. Scorpios are the solo fighting force, such as snipers; Taurus are demo experts; Aries are the communication between different operatives in the field; and Gemini are two-person teams of elite fighters. They do all different kinds of work (though it all seems pretty unapologetically offensive in nature) and
Elizabetta
Feb 28, 2012 Elizabetta rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: DayDreamer
I really, really, really liked this techy story. I’ll do my best to translate the basics because the blurb doesn’t do it justice.

In this futuristic world, clandestine field operatives working for a mysterious, might-for-right organization called Zodiac Force are divided into groups and interact in teams as their designations dictate. If there is some wrong in the world, Zodiac is your group. The Gemini work in pairs (of course), each wearing a wonderous, body-hugging suit that is triggered by a
Courtney
Jan 13, 2012 Courtney rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the book. Of course, I'm a huge fan of tech, whether in books or in real-life. The idea of the Gemini suits was only too appealing. I wouldn't be able to do it myself but the theory was fun.

The characters were interesting and I really enjoyed that. Deia made me want to hug him. He can obviously take care of himself but that urge still existed. Phade cracked me up with his dialogue and I might have fallen in love with his hair a little. Even the side characters were fun. I know they're
Tygati
Nov 07, 2013 Tygati rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks
I waffled on this one for months because the blurb and excerpt left me feeling that it was going to go horribly wrong ten pages in. I'm glad I finally sucked it up and bought it, though, because I was so wrong. It was a tale beautifully spun, if far too short for all the wonder it set up. I really hope there are more tales in this universe. It's very well thought out, all the side characters and positions being clearly developed, to the point it practically aches for a series.

Both of the MCs wer
Wendy Ann
Mar 03, 2012 Wendy Ann rated it really liked it
I really hope there’s going to be more (and not just a teaser based on the title) – as in a series based on this fascinating world! It’s hard to imagine anything more intimate than being able to commune with someone else to the extent that you can actually feel through their sense of touch (what they feel, you feel), monitor their heart rate, etc. But, that’s exactly what two matched Gemini are capable of. Deia and Phade were a very good match – comparable skills, thoughts, and lots of heat when ...more
Sarina
Sep 13, 2014 Sarina rated it really liked it
Shelves: i-own-to-read
I thought this was a great start to a new series; it had plenty of action and the uniqueness of the special forces easily kept me interested and ready to read more. I do wish I could've been able to read more about the partners working together or at least interacting like they did during the simulation but I'm happy with what I got. I really look forward to reading even more in this series, especially since I liked this one so much.
Moira
Feb 02, 2017 Moira rated it liked it
Shelves: aj, short-stories, sci-fi, sex, mm
22.1.2017 - 3*
Tenhle příběh má kolem a kolem vážně velký potenciál. Nezaslouží si tři hvězdičky, jelikož byl příliš jednoduchý a plochý, ale autorka představila myšlenku a pár prvků, které se mi vážně líbily, a proto tu jednu navíc přidám. Škoda, že to není o trochu více, než jen zaláskovanost. Pozadí to mělo vykreslené hodně dobře, což je ironické, jelikož zbytek byl tak příšerně průhledný.
Mandy*reads obsessively*
The story wasn't bad, but I guess sci-fi isn't really for me.
There was quite a bit of action and the dialog betweent the MC was funny, but I guess I was just missing a bit more emotion or feeling as to why the MC's connected.
Kathleen
Jan 05, 2012 Kathleen rated it really liked it
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewer: Sean
Publisher: Less Than Three Press
Genre: M/M Sci-Fi
Rated: 3.5 Hearts

Check out the review at: http://heartsonfirereviews.com
Pickles
Yes. All I have to say is, "Please, sir ma'am, I want some more."

blub
Apr 26, 2013 blub rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, sci-fi
Great start to a series. World building was very good and I look forward to learning all about the different divisions of the Zodiac Force.
Jerry Tall
Jerry Tall rated it it was ok
Aug 20, 2014
Ebosu
Ebosu rated it it was amazing
Jan 24, 2016
Sara
Sara rated it it was ok
Mar 26, 2016
Cap'n Muchiko
Cap'n Muchiko rated it liked it
Oct 20, 2012
Lada
Lada rated it did not like it
Jan 26, 2012
Alexa Logan
Alexa Logan rated it liked it
Oct 31, 2014
Iris
Iris rated it really liked it
Oct 13, 2011
Edie Montreux
Edie Montreux rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2016
Dolors
Dolors rated it liked it
Jan 16, 2012
Jen Boucher
Jen Boucher rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2012
Joe
Joe rated it liked it
Aug 22, 2014
Amanda
Amanda rated it really liked it
Sep 28, 2011
jules0623
jules0623 rated it liked it
Dec 28, 2012
Maxine
Maxine rated it really liked it
Jan 12, 2012
Akasha140
Akasha140 rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2015
Brett
Brett rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2012
Mary
Mary rated it it was amazing
Jan 23, 2012
Kim Alan
Kim Alan rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Less Than Three P...: January - Closer Than Touch 11 55 Dec 08, 2011 01:18PM
5205605
Freelance editor: available for indie and self-pub authors. Email me!

Website: Failure To Communicate
Tumblr: Tamiveldura
Twitter handle: tamiveldura
Email: tamiveldura@gmail.com
More about Tami Veldura...