Start by marking “Bled” as Want to Read:
Bled

Bled (Dovetail Cove #1972)

4.71  ·  Rating Details  ·  17 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
The beginning of the DOVETAIL COVE series!

She only wanted to leave. But he took that option from her. Now she wants it back.

Set on the same island as the reader favorite Shed, the latest literary suspense novella from bestselling author Jason McIntyre picks up the Dovetail Cove saga with this story of one lonely woman...trapped.

Tina McLeod is on the cusp of a new life. Ext
Kindle Edition
Published (first published September 13th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Bled, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bled

Lou
Nov 19, 2011 Lou rated it it was amazing
This story dishes up a dose of the darkness of the heart and one of the best doses of retribution in a while. A young woman who wants to break out from her low pay mundane job of waiting tables in a local cafe has the best ticket out of town grabbed literally away from her and finds herself in a stomach curling compromising position. Jason writes a dark tale well and has had good success with these tales in the likes of On Gathering Storm and Shed. He puts you into the thick of it and describes ...more
Wesley
May 14, 2013 Wesley rated it it was amazing
Bled is not for the delicate. It is a story containing situations that are both harsh and viscerally brutal. That said, if you can stomach the gruesome events, you will certainly be rewarded. The setting is vibrant, the characters are engaging, and the story is instantly captivating. It is a short book but it truly feels much larger. Perhaps it was Mr. McIntyre’s perfect language, but his style lends to a feeling of reading a much longer work. There is plenty of backstory which creates a plotlin ...more
Dawna
Jan 22, 2013 Dawna rated it it was amazing
Jason McIntyre is easily becoming one of my absolute favorite authors. His work is truly thrilling and horrific, but not in an over the top gory kind of way. Its the kind that sneaks up around you, allowing your blood to run cold and your bones to chill. BLED is a fantastic story, easily the creepiest he's written in my opinion, and I often found myself holding my breath. Your heart will break and you will be angry. Very angry. But isn't that what a great author is supposed to do with their writ ...more
Keith Chawgo
Apr 16, 2013 Keith Chawgo rated it it was amazing
McIntyre has done it again with this insightful tale of a girl trying to break away from a sleepy island town and when the day comes, how it all comes tumbling down around her. He has a very insightful way of making the story come alive and you feel for the main character and you pray that everything will go her away as each new turn happens to her.

This is where the story finds it own original voice with the ordinariness of her life and how it could all change either way on a whim of a characte
J.H. Sked
Sep 24, 2011 J.H. Sked rated it it was amazing
As a warning - this is not a light, easy read. Although there is no hint of the paranormal in it, the best description is probably suburban nightmare - the main character is forced into something that can only be considered horrific.

The subject matter is incredibly dark and has a graphic scene which a number of readers are going to find difficult to read; however what happens to Teenie is so integral to the story that skipping it would be a bad idea. In clumsier hands this would have just result
Sheri
Feb 01, 2013 Sheri rated it it was amazing
Bled (Jason McIntyre)

"Teeny" Tina is a young waitress in Dovetail Cove, and Island town. She wants more than anything to get off the Island, out of her mothers house and make something of her life. She gets that opportunity, or so it seems, and then it is snatched away from her.

She suffers a traumatic an frustrating ordeal, but she is determined to fight for what is hers, no matter what it takes.A dark psychological thriller. Written well you can feel every emotion that Tina is going through. Fa
Kimberly McMichael
Dec 21, 2011 Kimberly McMichael rated it it was amazing
This is a short story, but it's brutal enough you wouldn't want it much longer...McIntyre always delivers a story you can't quit thinking about long after you have stopped reading. It's truly horrifying and intriguing at the same time.
Eden Baylee
Jul 31, 2014 Eden Baylee rated it it was amazing
*Wow. Still reeling from this story*

Mr. McIntyre chooses his words so carefully that we can hear the beating of his protagonist's heart. I felt so much for "Teeny," the heroine of the story who moved from boredom to elation and then to panic. Oh ... the panic. The story pulsed with it from page one.
We've all felt panic at some point in our lives ... that awful feeling of losing something important and wondering how to get it back. In BLED, this feeling is magnified a hundred-fold.
It is this sen
Lori
Sep 14, 2012 Lori rated it it was amazing
This is my first time reading Jason McIntyre. WOW totally dark, creepy and raw. I could not read this fast enough yet there were times when I almost was afraid to look.

***Possible spoiler alert***

Jason McIntyre pulls all stops when it comes to writing, the scenes in the bathroom were so creepy like an old scary movie, where you watch but peek through your fingers because you have to look. Tina the waitress with the winning lottery ticket, I think I would of beat the hell out of Frank Moort with
Darcia Helle
Bled is a dark and gritty tale, filled with hope and desperation. True to style, Jason McIntyre allows us no comfort zone. We're pulled into the story and held there. Sometimes I wanted to look away from the destruction, but found myself unable to break the spell.

This is part of the Dovetail Cove series, but these books do not have to be read in any specific order. The characters and the setting are unforgettable, so be ready to come back for more.
Rick Mallery
Sep 12, 2012 Rick Mallery rated it it was amazing
When are you unlucky to hold a winning lottery ticket worth $250,000? When you are Tina McLeod, a twenty-two-year-old innocent waitress from an island fishing village, and the lecherous Frank "Don't Call Me Mister" Moort finds out you have it. No telling what he'll try to get his hands on first.

This is the central concept of Jason McIntyre's excellent book, BLED.

But there is luck and there is luck. Tina has the second kind. She has the audacity to do whatever it takes to set things right once F
Krystal Wade
Nov 02, 2011 Krystal Wade rated it really liked it
Jason is an amazing writer who has a way of bringing characters to life on the page. This story was very disturbing and left me a bit unsettled, but those two things just show what a great job the author did! Teeny's world is dark and depressed and full of people who only drag her down. Just when a bright spot appears in her life, someone rips it away and getting it back takes a piece of her soul away.

This is not a book I'd typically read, but would definitely recommend to those who enjoy dark
Cliff Townsend
Dec 27, 2013 Cliff Townsend rated it really liked it
Another good addition to the Dovetail Cove series and can't wait for more. I like that this is about another character of the island and shows some things from a different point of view. Another well written and enjoyable but way too short book. Read it it's worth it.
Lori
Lori rated it it was amazing
Jun 23, 2016
Windiwoe
Windiwoe marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2016
Patti
Patti marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2015
Spinnerbait17
Spinnerbait17 marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Trish
Trish rated it liked it
Oct 20, 2014
Bagoly Noemi
Bagoly Noemi marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2014
Carrie
Carrie marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2013
Catherine
Catherine marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2013
Ryan
Ryan marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2013
Tamara Lyon wernz
Tamara Lyon wernz marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2013
Susan Jade
Susan Jade marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2013
PC0101
PC0101 marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2013
Joshua
Joshua marked it as to-read
May 14, 2013
David Brown
David Brown marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2013
JASON MCINTYRE is the #1 Kindle Suspense author of THE NIGHT WALK MEN, bestsellers ON THE GATHERING STORM and SHED, plus the multi-layered literary suspense THALO BLUE. His short fiction has appeared in numerous magazines and won several awards.

His debut novel ON THE GATHERING STORM earned McIntyre a spot in the Top 20 Debut Authors for the Goodreads Choice Awards.

THE DEVIL'S RIGHT HAND is the lat
More about Jason McIntyre...