Start by marking “Disconnected” as Want to Read:
Disconnected

Disconnected

Mark is single and has just started internet dating. Rebecca has broken up with her long-term boyfriend and moved to a new city. When they meet at a party, they discover they share a unique and magical connection--their telephone line.

For when Rebecca calls Mark the next day, the message she leaves inexplicably goes back in time three days. And then things really start to
Published (first published August 24th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Disconnected, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Disconnected

Cheryl
Jun 05, 2015 Cheryl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Starts out amiable, gets melodramatic, ends satisfying. I really appreciated that the Time Travel structure was explained coherently & (as much as possible) plausibly. Just a fun, funny, adventurous read that I found hard to put down. I'd love to try something else by the author, too. Recommended.
John
Feb 01, 2012 John rated it really liked it
When I read the summary of this book, I was a little worried that it would be a romance which is certainly not my cup of tea. However, it was far from it. While there is a love story involved, this is much more of an action/comedy with a side of time travel.

Being a former internet dater myself, I immediately identified with the main character who starts off in Chapter One with experiencing some of the pitfalls of online relationships. While the author incorporated several cultural references thr
Tej
Oct 06, 2011 Tej rated it really liked it
Shelves: time-travel
I came across this book through the authors' self promotion in our time travel group read. I am always willing to try out new authors books if the synopsis sounds good and if the Kindle sample gets me hooked. Well the synopsis alone grabbed me and the sample hooked me in like a blackhole for this was a highly entertaining time travel romantic black comedy thriller. The author has an almost Terry Pratchett style of humour in his narrative but fully grounded in our world, rather than a giant turtl ...more
Heather
Dec 09, 2011 Heather rated it liked it
I started out really liking this book. The characters had this great, witty, banter thing going on, and it was really cute. Then the turmoil & churn part of the story kicked in and I just wasn't feeling it as much. But, the ending had me on the edge of my seat, so to speak, and that's always good :)
Rick F.
Oct 08, 2011 Rick F. rated it it was amazing
"Love at first sight is so much easier when time moves in the right direction"
Rebecca has just met Mark, and thinks he might be her ideal man. He's funny. He's smart. He has a time wormhole in his telephone that gives them access to unimaginable wealth. These all qualify as 'PROS'.
But there's also the possibility that he may be destined to murder her. Which, by any standard, is one for the 'CONS' column."

A truly engaging and involving tale- A.K. Adler has taken the tradional romance tale and wit
Jeanine
Dec 14, 2011 Jeanine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The author was kind enough to furnish me with a coupon for this book. I have to say I put off reading it because the blurb sounded a little too science fiction-y for my taste. I'm not a big fan of the genre. That being said, I started the book and was immediately caught up in the story - it was nothing like what I expected! The story is well written, impossible to put down and had a great/weird ending. I definitely recommend it!
Bronwyn Liebke
Sep 07, 2012 Bronwyn Liebke rated it it was amazing
I really loved this. In fact I was surprised how much I enjoyed it as I'm not usually a big sci-fi reader. I loved the concept - it's simple yet so very clever - and the mix of science and personal interactions made it very readable. I also found it to be a real page-turner and every night I looked forward to picking it up - a sure sign of a great book for me. I would definitely read more of A.K.Adker's stuff.
Christine Desrochers-Broderick
Dec 14, 2011 Christine Desrochers-Broderick rated it really liked it
Really really good book!!! I love time travel and this one was great!!!
Karla
Dec 14, 2011 Karla marked it as to-read
Kindle Readers... Christmas Deal... Mark this ebook "to read" and get it for free.
A Book Vacation
Feb 28, 2013 A Book Vacation rated it did not like it
To see my full review:

I am so sorry to say that this novel isn’t for me. Personally, I had too many issues with the novel to enjoy it in the least, though I do think the premise is there for a truly great read. Going in, I was excited as I liked the synopsis and the idea that Mark’s phone created a sort of time-travel experience, but upon reading, I found that I didn’t care for either of the main leads. While the beginning started off okay, I soon found that the interactions between the characte
Sue Owen
Sep 22, 2011 Sue Owen rated it liked it
This is an interesting study about human interaction … at least the way I saw it. I’m not sure that was the intention of the author. I spent a lot of my time while reading this trying to figure out where it was all heading. Once I realized that it wasn’t just a story but a study I was able to better understand what I was reading.

I had trouble following this story and found myself having to go back to catch pieces I missed. That was when I thought it was just a story, however. There is much writt
Lincoln
May 05, 2016 Lincoln rated it liked it
This is a fun popcorn romp and a good way to start my summer. Mark a single guy a bit on the shallow side, ok a lot on the shallow side. I felt as if this entire book would be more fun acted out on stage. It involved a small amount of core characters and some very funny and fast paced dialogue. The mayhem that ensues seems suited for a comedy farce... Highly entertaining and as a reader I did not agree with a lot of the decisions the characters made but it was very fun to see the results of thei ...more
Sharon
Dec 10, 2011 Sharon rated it liked it
I am not a fan of time travel so while this was not a bad book at all, it just isn't my genre.
Sandy
I didn't really like the characters but I didn't dislike them either . But I did like the story and the twists and turns that it took.
Dennis
Apr 24, 2016 Dennis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some weak spots but overall a quick and refreshing book. Don't expect the characters to be too deep or even genuine. It's pure entertainment.
Adam Rossco
Mar 03, 2016 Adam Rossco rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very well written with lots of humor. A huge massive twist at the end followed by another twist! Loved it! And didn't see it coming!
Sai Santos
Sai Santos rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2015
Carol Brawner
Carol Brawner rated it it was amazing
Apr 30, 2016
Rory Beckwith
Rory Beckwith rated it it was amazing
Dec 07, 2014
Morgan Richter
Morgan Richter rated it it was amazing
Oct 23, 2012
Dolored Hunklrr
Dolored Hunklrr rated it liked it
Oct 02, 2016
Rob
Rob rated it it was amazing
Jun 06, 2016
Jess
Jess rated it it was ok
Ian Wardell
Ian Wardell rated it really liked it
Apr 02, 2013
Derek Plote
Derek Plote rated it liked it
Apr 24, 2016
Amy
Amy rated it really liked it
May 02, 2016
Jamie
Jamie rated it it was ok
Ryan Drean
Ryan Drean rated it liked it
Apr 24, 2016
Erica
Erica marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2011
Daniella
Daniella is currently reading it
Dec 07, 2011
Amy Litteral
Amy Litteral marked it as to-read
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Amanda Carrell
Amanda Carrell marked it as to-read
Lavaine Cates
Lavaine Cates marked it as to-read
Daily Alice
Daily Alice marked it as to-read
Patti
Patti marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2011
Rachael
Rachael marked it as to-read
Theresa Sivelle
Theresa Sivelle marked it as to-read
Patti
Patti marked it as to-read
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Cordy Crawford
Cordy Crawford marked it as to-read
Anne Hawn Smith
Anne Hawn Smith marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2011
BookLover62
BookLover62 marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2011
Donna
Donna marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2011
Bob
Bob marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2011
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jill
Jill marked it as to-read
Judith Engels
Judith Engels marked it as to-read
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Carolyn
Carolyn marked it as to-read
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2011
Time Travel: Disconnected: May 2016 22 49 May 30, 2016 09:46AM
Time Travel: FEBRUARY Giveaway - "Disconnected" by A.K. Adler 52 91 Feb 28, 2012 05:43PM
Time Travel: A.K. Adler - Disconnected 3 11 Oct 26, 2011 12:47PM
5205274
A.K. Adler is a science fiction author based in Sydney Australia. He has written a number of time travel books that have been strategically dotted throughout the space-time continuum. Find and collect them all!
More about A.K. Adler...