Start by marking “The Waterfall” as Want to Read:
The Waterfall

The Waterfall

A New York Times Bestselling AuthorThree years after the sudden death of her husband, Lucy Blacker and her two children move to Vermont and begin to rebuild their lives. But a string of unexplained events threatens her new life. Lucy tracks down Sebastian Redwing, an international security expert her late husband asked her to contact if she ever needed help. Sebastian ...more
Published May 1st 2006 by Mira Books (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about The Waterfall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Waterfall

A Walk in the Woods by Bill BrysonHoudini Heart by Ki LongfellowOpen Season by Archer MayorRobert Frost's Poems by Robert FrostHouse Rules by Jodi Picoult
Books Set in Vermont
94th out of 105 books — 61 voters
Death Without Company by Craig JohnsonThe Cold Dish by Craig JohnsonSkies Like These by Tess HilmoWinterkill by C.J. BoxAnother Man's Moccasins by Craig Johnson
Books Set in Wyoming
102nd out of 193 books — 29 voters

More lists with this book...

Skaistė
Pusiau su bėda. Įtempto siužeto linija visai nieko, nors ir ne šedevras. O štai romantinė dalis labai silpna. Labai labai. Beveik nieko. Deja, nieko ypatingo. Šiek tiek gaila laiko, juk galėjau perskaityti ką nors įdomesnio. Matyt, jau būsiu atsikandus šio žanro.
Christi
Apr 12, 2010 Christi rated it did not like it
this book was so lame
was it supposed to be a romance? a thriller?
it was neither
the characters were one dimensional
the plot was thin and tired
I couldn't wait to finish this and be done

this is the second Carla Neggers book I've read and both have been disappointing.
Christa
Jul 07, 2008 Christa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-own
This was my first experience with a Carla Neggers book, and I will definitely try more by her. In this book, Lucy Blacker Swift, a widow with two children, operates an adventure travel business out of her Vermont farmhouse. When a few unsettling incidences occur, Lucy decides to contact her late husband's friend, Sebastian Redwing, a security consultant. Lucy's husband, the son of a U.S. sentator, had made her promise that she would contact Sebastian if she ever needed help. When Lucy and her ...more
Caro
Jan 01, 2016 Caro rated it really liked it
Shelves: suspense, own
A good book that definitely kept me interested. Great characters, suspense, some action, some exasperation, emotions, a twist or two, and a sweet and good HEA. I definitely liked this book and wouldn't mind reading this again. I really liked the strength, courage and growth of the characters and how well this was written. Enjoy!
Theresa Hurley
Sep 27, 2016 Theresa Hurley rated it it was amazing
Great book! Lucy and Sebastian were great together!
Janine McCaw
Jun 27, 2012 Janine McCaw rated it liked it
My introduction to Carla Neggers came in a bundle of romance books. I'm not big on that genre, but the covers on this author's works intrigued me to take a look at "The Cabin" and one read led to another and I became a fan.

In this novel, widow Lucy Swift gets a steal on a house from Bruce Willis-esque Sebastian Redwing, best friend of her deceased husband. He's been in love with her FOREVER. Lucy moves to Vermont with her two kids to escape the memories of her husband Colin. Colin's father is a
Kieraanne
This book was better than some of Carla Neggers that I've read in the past. Once again the romance was a very small side plot of the overarching theme, which really wasn't that nasty when it got down to it. These books seem to be overly hyped for suspense and danger, but really apart from the last twenty pages or so, nothing really scary happened. Again, as in her other books, I wasn't totally convinced about the love between the two main characters, at least in this case I supposed you could ...more
Kathy Anne
Sep 25, 2011 Kathy Anne rated it it was amazing
Reread
This is one of my fav all time books and the only one I have ever found with the Hero or his Buddy,Sebastion Redwing and Plato
It would not suit many romance readers because the main make love scene is on the last page and is also a closed door scene,but this guy is an Allpha Male of the first order that circumstances has made into a man who wants nothing but hide in the Wy. Mtns until one of Carlas Alpha females comes along to rescue him,as happens in every book Ive read by her and did not
Pattianne
Jan 17, 2014 Pattianne rated it liked it
The Waterfall - Investigaive Series - #2 - A New York Times Bestselling Author Three years after the sudden death of her husband, Lucy Blacker and her two children move to Vermont and begin to rebuild their lives. But a string of unexplained events threatens her new life. Lucy tracks down Sebastian Redwing, an international security expert her late husband asked her to contact if she ever needed help. Sebastian wants nothing to do with her problems . . . or with a woman he's been half in love ...more
Izzy
Feb 20, 2016 Izzy rated it it was ok
Didn't make a lick of sense.

The professional security expert was outmanoeuvred by a crazy lady. The crazy lady's actions towards heroine was more of an annoyance than a danger, until towards the end.
Plus, the romance and chemistry between the main characters was barely there, yet we're supposed to believe that the guy has been in love with the heroine for years?
Kim
Sep 23, 2012 Kim rated it it was amazing
I have never read a Carla Neggers book before but now that I have, I am on the lookout for more! The Waterfall was a quick read and kept my interest all through it. Its a perfect combo of mystery, hate, and lust. The romantic build-up is great and I found the climax to be a little lower on the dramtic side which I love! Great quick read.
Carrie
Feb 25, 2009 Carrie rated it did not like it
I thought the story was good, but I HATE to read books filled with cussing and I don't need such vivid details to paint the picture of what's happening. Bit too descriptive in "romance" scenes. I personally won't read her again because of the language and racy descriptions. Not one I would recommend.
Oshila
Dec 01, 2012 Oshila rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book has the thrill and suspense that keeps a reader hooked on till the end. The story plot was very different and original from the other books of the author. The characters had a very entertaining tale with their actions unpredictable at most times.I couldn't out the book down until the end. It is definitely one of the author's best works.
Joanne
Apr 05, 2011 Joanne rated it liked it
Good book re: a woman Lucy Swift who was married to a US Senator's son who had a heart attack on the tennis court. He told her if she ever needed help to contact his lifelong friend Sebastian Redwing who happens to be an expert in security and who owns his own firm. She is now being stalked and contacts Sebastian and gets more than she bargained for.
Siobhan
Sep 09, 2013 Siobhan rated it did not like it
Weak premise, stereotypical characters, and completely predictable. From the moment that the black-satin-clad female lead fell into the arms of the big, strong, silent male lead (seriously - pg 122 - over a dead bat), I couldn't take this bad harlequin romance seriously.
LuAnn
May 31, 2013 LuAnn rated it it was amazing
This is an older book by this wonderful storyteller. I really enjoyed the way this played out. Although at times predictable, there were enough twists and turns to this story to make it difficult to put down. Really a great plot!
Jamie
Apr 24, 2013 Jamie rated it it was amazing
This was my first Carla Neggers book, and I loved it! Her style of writing pulled my in and kept me flipping pages as fast as I could. She has the perfect combination of action, suspense, and romance, and I can't wait to read more from her!
Joanie
Oct 19, 2010 Joanie rated it it was amazing
Lucy and her children moved to Vermont from Washington, D.C. after the death of her husband. Romance and suspense made for an excellent read. Lucy and Sebastian kept the action going from the start right to the end. A real page turner!
Arow
Oct 25, 2012 Arow rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my first Carla Neggers novel and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I thought there might be a bit more romance but what there was fit the storyline.
Mary Beth
May 06, 2013 Mary Beth rated it really liked it
This is a new author for me. Good story, but could have used a whole lot less of taking the Lord's name in vain.
Connie
Nov 05, 2015 Connie rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-ve-read
More intrigue than the typical pulp fiction romance. Good read. I'll have to see what else this author has written.
Robin Brennan
Jan 09, 2013 Robin Brennan rated it liked it
Always buy her newest novels. This was slightly disappointing. Characters were well developed, but the relationship between Lucy and Sebastian was not fleshed out enough.
Lisa
Jan 23, 2010 Lisa rated it really liked it
A romantic mystery/suspense type book. A very quick read and entertaining. Sort of reminds me of Mary Higgins Clark books.
Glenn Harris
Mar 18, 2013 Glenn Harris rated it really liked it
One of Neggers' relatively early books but a good one. Well-rounded characters and lots of suspense.
Farshana
May 12, 2015 Farshana rated it it was ok
Shelves: open-lib
I had some problems with the story. The fact that an amateur could so easily outmatch a professional and evade n hide n attack him was hard to digest. But otherwise a fairly quick read.
Janet
Oct 13, 2013 Janet rated it it was amazing
I love the suspense of Carla Neggers books. Don't forget to enter her "Library Contest" and win $1,000 worth of her books for your local library.
Vivian
Dec 01, 2010 Vivian rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adventure, thriller
Perfect light vacation/weekend read. Entertaining and mildly engrossing but forgettable once completed.
Polly
Nov 17, 2012 Polly rated it it was amazing
My first by this author, but, it won't be my last. Great suspense.
Troubled Hero, and a Heroine only trying to do what is best for herself and, her children.
Loved it!

Warriorwriter
Warriorwriter rated it really liked it
Dec 22, 2012
Pat
Pat rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2011
question about the ending 2 11 Dec 01, 2013 09:45AM
  • On the Edge (Cold Ridge/U.S. Marshals, #1.5)
  • Everlasting Love
  • The Perfect Murder (The Last Stand, #6)
  • The Return
  • Traceless (Less Series, #1)
  • Butterfly
  • The Secret of Cypriere Bayou (Shivers, #5)
  • Dark and Deadly
  • Witness: Defending His Own\Guarding Jeannie
  • Naked Truth (Dragon One #1)
  • Flashback
  • Southern Comforts
  • Phantom Lover (43 Light Street, #25)
  • Red Blooded Murder (An Izzy McNeil Mystery #2)
  • Born To Be Wild
  • Beloved Impostor (Beloved Trilogy, #1)
Carla Neggers has been spinning stories ever since she climbed a tree with pad and pen at age eleven. Now she is the New York Times bestselling author of almost 70 novels, with millions of books sold in over 30 countries. Her popular Sharpe & Donovan romantic suspense series featuring FBI agents Emma Sharpe and Colin Donovan launched with Saint’s Gate in 2011 and has been praised as “a ...more
More about Carla Neggers...