Cereus: Building (Cereus, #1)

Cereus: Building (Cereus #1)

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  90 ratings  ·  10 reviews
What happens when a besieged and rather small dragon comes to a vampire and says, “I need your help.” Or when that vampire comes to a werewolf and says, “I have a job for you.” The vampire goes and builds a resort for things that go bump in the night, of course. Riding the wave of Julia Talbot’s Bloodrose series, the multi-author Cereus: Building features paranormal romanc...more
Published September 14th 2011 by Torquere Press (first published September 13th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Cereus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cereus

Serena Yates
This must be one of the most fun, interesting, and hot books of intermixing paranormals and supernatural beings around. The idea of building a resort, or a "kinky little getaway" in the words of the instigator, for the use of different species at the same time, is bound to lead to some interesting situations. Cats and wolves changing at the same times? Vampires and dragons trying to get along with everyone? I couldn’t wait to get started.

It’s Elemental by Julia Talbot is the story of strong, mac...more
Tam
This is set in the world of the Blood Rose club where several short stories have been set by Julia Talbot. In this case, the original author has created a new resort location and then each author has written a story about a pairing within that world. I thought it was well done and they all merged in a fairly common voice and characters would spill over from one story to the other. The set-up is that a dragon, Daniel, asks Jonny to build an exclusive resort for paranormal creatures, mostly to pro...more
Jen (Red Hot Books)
The stories in most anthologies are barely held together by a common thread. Sometimes I wonder what they have in common at all. But this one is different in that all three novellas take place inside the broader construct of a larger story. The premise is pulled from Julia Talbot's Bloodrose series. (Though it will make sense even if you haven't read those books.) A new club, catering to supernaturals is opening... and each short story features characters who are working there.

"It's Elemental" i...more
Toni
Jonny, owner of Bloodrose, just received an interesting offer. He has a chance to expand his business, to build an extended stay play club on 600 acres in the Cascade Mountains. There is no time to waste, let the construction begin!

It’s Elemental by Julia Talbot

Werewolf construction foreman Chayton just can’t seem to understand his attraction to designer Kenneth. Kenneth is completely annoying and Chayton’s urge to choke him is immense. The problem is, he also desires him, in a dark passionate n...more
Sarina
I had never read the bloodrose series before this book but it drew me right in. All three authors give great stories and they blend together so well that it makes for a really enjoyable read. I later went back and purchased the first two bloodrose books by julia talbot and while they did clarify a few minor things for me, it wasn't necessary to enjoy this book. Great enjoyable read.
Tamela
I do like these types of "anthologies". We get to know all the people and see them from different aspects. But then we get to REALLY know a couple, a story at a time. Love the kitties and Faelon is so good for them. And dragons are my favorite "paranormal" or magic creature and Daniel and Zee are a wonderful couple. Love this book and it's going on "My Favorites" shelf. I sure hope this is the start of another great series.
==========================================
1st read - Oct 8, 2011
2nd read...more
CB
This follows Julia Talbot's Bloodrose series. You don't have to read Bloodrose series first but it's an entertaining series too so I suggest it. This book is a compilation between 3 great authors so I really enjoyed it. There are 3 books in this series so far and another one in the works. The stories are all short, fun and hot hot hot!!
Virginia
4 stars for the Sean Michael dragon short. The other two were also good but more 3 stars for me.
Rissa (an M/M kinda Girl!!)
Sep 20, 2012 Rissa (an M/M kinda Girl!!) marked it as smut-mountain-tbr
*Extreme Taboo Shelf*
Zee
Zee marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Thom
Thom marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
Sarina
Sarina added it
Aug 29, 2014
Sam
Sam marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Nadine Stoelman
Nadine Stoelman marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Leslie
Leslie marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
What's On?! Yulia
What's On?! Yulia marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
Hadley
Hadley marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
Kathleen
Kathleen marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2014
Nancy Jones
Nancy Jones marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Celebrating Two New Releases For B.A. Tortuga 1 1 Sep 19, 2011 09:40AM
  • Torqued Tales
  • Myths and Magic: Legends of Love
  • The Care and Feeding of Demons
  • Ermine & Bougainvillea
  • Twice-Caught (Tarin's World, #2)
  • Obedience Training
  • Like It or Not
  • Creature Feature
  • Through the Red Door (Vampires & Mages & Weres, Oh My!, #2)
  • Duck Fart (Del Fantasma)
  • Surviving the Change
  • Keeping Dallas (Magical Men #1)
  • Just One Bite: Volume Six (Just One Bite, #6)
  • Wishbone
  • Crimson Mate
  • Blood Claim
  • Weight of a Gun
  • Cameron's Pride (Thrown to the Lions, #4)
Often referred to as "Space Cowboy" and "Gangsta of Love" while still striving for the moniker of "Maurice," Sean Michael spends his days surfing, smutting, organizing his immense gourd collection and fantasizing about one day retiring on a small secluded island peopled entirely by horseshoe crabs. While collecting vast amounts of vintage gay pulp novels and mood rings, Sean whiles away the hours...more
More about Sean Michael...
Bent (Hammer, #1) Daddy, Daddy and Me Mannies Incorporated (Mannies Incorporated, #1) Found (Hammer, #3) Forged (Hammer, #8)