Start by marking “Beginning JavaScript” as Want to Read:
Beginning JavaScript

Beginning JavaScript

3.49 of 5 stars 3.49  ·  rating details  ·  45 ratings  ·  8 reviews
The perennial bestseller returns with new details for using the latest tools and techniques available with JavaScriptJavaScript is the definitive language for making the Web a dynamic, rich, interactive medium. This guide to JavaScript builds on the success of previous editions and introduces you to many new advances in JavaScript development. The reorganization of the cha ...more
Published January 21st 2011 by Wrox Press (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Beginning JavaScript, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beginning JavaScript

Rebecca
Mar 13, 2011 Rebecca rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone wanting to learn web programming
Shelves: computer
I loved the format of this book - each example program is explained line by line (or block by block when that makes more sense). And the authors do this throughout the book! So when you get to later chapters, it's not assumed that you already know what's going on. Things are still explained in a clear, concise yet detailed, manner.
Elizabeth
Textbook for class. Much more boring than actually attending class. Infinitely more boring than writing code.
Aimee Webb
definitly needs more examples ...it's so wordy it makes me fall asleep
L.A. Richards
Through my programming college years and on to when I setup and ran my own Webdesign business, this book was my bible.

A helpful and useful book. Easy to follow, many years old now but still it can very much be used in practice through the internet.
Daniel Korzekwa
I decided to read this book, because I was looking for Javascript for starters, however I wasn't expecting a text for people with no exposure at all to software development. Despite of many boring chapters, explaining what programming actually is, I found there plenty of information that I was looking for. To summarize, it is a good introductory text to Javascript about both programming language and web development.
Mike Ree
I always keep this book on my bookshelf for reference. I have never been a JavaScript fan but we all have to do it to get jobs done and this book has helped me out a lot over the years.
Paul Callister
Pretty good. I found some really good code for some complex operations I needed on my web site.
Lilly
Lilly marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
Lukas
Lukas is currently reading it
Nov 24, 2014
Leah
Leah added it
Nov 23, 2014
Daz
Daz marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Desiree
Desiree is currently reading it
Nov 19, 2014
Silk
Silk marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
Astarte
Astarte marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
David McNeil
David McNeil marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
Calvin Lai
Calvin Lai marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2014
Kaido
Kaido marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Archy
Archy added it
Oct 09, 2014
Omer Mohemmed
Omer Mohemmed marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Nitesh Kumar
Nitesh Kumar is currently reading it
Aug 21, 2014
Kristy
Kristy marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Vivian
Vivian is currently reading it
Aug 11, 2014
Daren
Daren added it
Aug 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
Beginning SQL Practical JavaScript for the Usable Web ASP.Net 2.0 Instant Results Beginning Javascripttm Beginning JavaScript TM