Start by marking “Beginning JavaScript” as Want to Read:
Beginning JavaScript

Beginning JavaScript

The perennial bestseller returns with new details for using the latest tools and techniques available with JavaScript JavaScript is the definitive language for making the Web a dynamic, rich, interactive medium. This guide to JavaScript builds on the success of previous editions and introduces you to many new advances in JavaScript development. The reorganization of the ch ...more
Published January 21st 2011 by Wrox Press (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Beginning JavaScript, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beginning JavaScript

Jan 01, 2015 Keith rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The 4th edition feels very dated. Once you reach the point of accepting user data, the methods become a constant reminder of how much further along we are in web coding practices than we were in 2008. Plus the constant use of the HTML4 doctype dates this edition. I reached a point where I knew things were not good practice to follow and stopped reading. HTML in your JS feels dirty.

5th edition releases in March 2015. Hopefully this new edition will introduce current best practices.
Mar 13, 2011 Rebecca rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone wanting to learn web programming
Shelves: computer
I loved the format of this book - each example program is explained line by line (or block by block when that makes more sense). And the authors do this throughout the book! So when you get to later chapters, it's not assumed that you already know what's going on. Things are still explained in a clear, concise yet detailed, manner.
Textbook for class. Much more boring than actually attending class. Infinitely more boring than writing code.
Aimee Webb
definitly needs more examples's so wordy it makes me fall asleep
L.A. Richards
Sep 22, 2014 L.A. Richards rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Through my programming college years and on to when I setup and ran my own Webdesign business, this book was my bible.

A helpful and useful book. Easy to follow, many years old now but still it can very much be used in practice through the internet.
Daniel Korzekwa
I decided to read this book, because I was looking for Javascript for starters, however I wasn't expecting a text for people with no exposure at all to software development. Despite of many boring chapters, explaining what programming actually is, I found there plenty of information that I was looking for. To summarize, it is a good introductory text to Javascript about both programming language and web development.
Mike Ree
Sep 12, 2008 Mike Ree rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I always keep this book on my bookshelf for reference. I have never been a JavaScript fan but we all have to do it to get jobs done and this book has helped me out a lot over the years.
Paul Callister
Nov 02, 2010 Paul Callister rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: website-coding
Pretty good. I found some really good code for some complex operations I needed on my web site.
Terri Jones
Dec 30, 2012 Terri Jones rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Web Design II class
Mohamed Fouad
Mohamed Fouad is currently reading it
Oct 07, 2016
al013 added it
Oct 09, 2016
Wesley marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2016
Kevin rated it liked it
Aug 25, 2016
baddesigner is currently reading it
Aug 17, 2016
Gregory T Hampton
Gregory T Hampton rated it liked it
Aug 10, 2016
Mahesh V
Mahesh V marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2016
Amjo324 marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2016
Kevin Vishal
Kevin Vishal marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2016
Dantès Cristo
Dantès Cristo marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2016
Adin rated it really liked it
Jun 19, 2016
Aaron added it
Jun 07, 2016
Taueret is currently reading it
Jun 03, 2016
Husien is currently reading it
May 17, 2016
Jason rated it it was ok
May 08, 2016
user091823742 marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2016
Chantereads marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2016
Jim rated it really liked it
Mar 30, 2016
Grant added it
Mar 17, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »