Start by marking “Making Artisan Pasta: How to Make a World of Handmade Noodles, Stuffed Pasta, Dumplings, and More” as Want to Read:

Learn how to use the best ingredients and simple, classic techniques to make fresh, homemade pasta in your own kitchen with Making Artisan Pasta. Calling for just the simplest ingredients and a handful of unique kitchen tools, making pasta at home has never been easier, more fun, or more delicious.

Inside, you'll find:

- Recipes for pasta doughs made completely from scratch,
Published January 1st 2012 by Quarry Books

To ask other readers questions about Making Artisan Pasta, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Making Artisan Pasta

Mickey
Dec 30, 2014 Mickey rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cooking
The book does cover areas that I wanted to explore with using different kinds of flours in pasta making. This book also covers different methods of making pasta by hand or machine. If your your looking for sauce recipes for pastas you will be disappointed. If your looking for something that is gluten free you will also be disappointed.

This book covered exactly what I was looking for and I was thoughly pleased.
Nicole
Mar 30, 2012 Nicole rated it it was amazing
Shelves: food, cookbook
An excellent book, worth owning. Makes me wish I had the pasta-making equipment so I could dive in and start making all the filled pastas, sheet pastas, and dumplings that are some of the most intriguing recipes in the book. The brilliant photography really sells each dish and style of noodle, taking you step-by-step through the whole process. Moving this to my Amazon wish list!
Debby
Mar 13, 2016 Debby rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
I recently took a three-series class on pasta making, and the culinary teacher recommended this book. We made pasta from the pasta mix recipe in this book, and it had a beautiful texture. We made the two-egg pasta dough, and made the spinach pasta recipe. It was absolutely delicious, and I loved the texture of the pasta. I had to own my own copy, but Amazon was sold out of the book version. Patience isn't my greatest virtue, so I downloaded the kindle version. Thankfully, the kindle version is p ...more
Fred Kohn
Dec 08, 2016 Fred Kohn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
Now that I am retired, hopefully I will have more time to devote to cooking. I have been interested in making homemade pasta ever since I obtained an old hand pasta roller from my mom that used to belong to my grandma. In reading this book, the first thing I noticed is that one can spend an absurd amount of time and money making homemade pasta. Since the book was actually overdue to the library when I began reading it (it is very popular and has a waiting list), I wasn't able to give it the atte ...more
LitaVore
Oct 28, 2016 LitaVore rated it really liked it
Very well put together with wonderful photography. All the instructions and recipes were well written and very inspired without being pretentious. I made several of the pastas, mostly the ones incorporating veggie juices, and they all came out perfect with the added bonus of the recipes translating well for pasta machine use. I'd judge that this book is best suited for someone who's already made their own pasta a few times as it can get frustrating trying a more intricate dish for a first time.
Alain Harvey
Feb 09, 2013 Alain Harvey rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cooking

James Beard Award winner Green teams up again with photographer Legato (after The Fishmonger's Apprentice) to produce a beautifully photographed directory on how to make all types of pasta in your own
Camilla
Jan 14, 2016 Camilla rated it it was amazing
I read the book. Cover to cover. Twice.

I own a ridiculous number of cookbooks and it's a pretty special cookbook to get me to read it like a novel and inspire me into the kitchen immediately...or at least making an ingredients list immediately. Making Artisan Pasta is such a book. Aliza Green writes about pasta, about ingredients, how to make pasta, form pasta, and so many more ideas and tips on making fabulous pasta.

The photos are similarly inspirational from the step-by-step photos to the beau
Janie
Feb 22, 2013 Janie rated it liked it
Green, Aliza (text) & Steve Legato (photogs.). Making Artisan Pasta: How To Make a World of Handmade Noodles, Stuffed Pasta, Dumplings, and More. Quarry: Quayside. Jan. 2012. 176p. photogs. index. ISBN 9781592537327. pap. $24.99. COOKING
artisanpasta0120 Xpress Reviews: Nonfiction | First Look at New Books, January 20, 2012James Beard Award winner Green teams up again with photographer Legato (after The Fishmonger’s Apprentice) to produce a beautifully photographed directory on how to make al
Bonnie Jean
Feb 02, 2014 Bonnie Jean rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction, cookbook
This was an interesting little cookbook. The emphasis was definitely on artisan pasta- i.e., pasta as an art form- rather than practical/everyday types of things, but it definitely had a lot of creative ideas to get you thinking. I subtracted 1 star for the almost complete lack of suggestion for what to DO with these interesting pastas once you had it made, except in the very vaguest of terms: "This pasta might go well with seafood," and "Don't serve this pasta with a cream sauce." Still, defini ...more
Amy
Feb 15, 2016 Amy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks, 2016
Love this book! I will definitely be using my pasta maker more often!

This book is full of gorgeous pictures, fantastic recipes, and super helpful tips. It breaks down everything from different flours and eggs, to work surfaces, to hand preparation vs machine. Plus there are many different recipes for flavored pasta doughs as well as filled and shaped pastas.
Beth
May 25, 2014 Beth rated it really liked it

So glad my best friend got me this for my birthday. This is an awesome one to own. Logical recipes. Gorgeous photography. I can't wait to start making these pastas. Any one know where one would purchase durum flour for cheap? Checked both my stores, nada.
Jonele
Feb 04, 2013 Jonele rated it really liked it
Loved this - gave great ideas for pasta flour recipes I hadn't thought of and really good directions for each one. This one will make it into my reference bookshelf!
Ginal
Feb 10, 2013 Ginal rated it it was amazing
Very inspiring and educational book. Thoroughly enjoyed it and will refer to the recipes for years.
Heydi Smith
Oct 22, 2014 Heydi Smith rated it it was amazing
This is the best pasta book I've found, in fact, the only one I think I need in my house. It has step by step illustrated instructions and fabulous recipes.
Alexandra
Feb 08, 2015 Alexandra rated it it was amazing
Every recipe I've tried so far has been 100% on point. Amazing book and I especially love the history included on pasta shapes and all the information on the ingredients. Highly recommend.
Alexi
Alexi rated it liked it
Sep 10, 2012
Marianthi
Marianthi rated it really liked it
Apr 14, 2015
Koren
Koren rated it it was amazing
Feb 05, 2016
Lori Hawkins
Lori Hawkins rated it really liked it
Jul 04, 2016
Donna
Donna rated it it was amazing
Jun 10, 2013
Nad Rhel
Nad Rhel rated it liked it
Aug 19, 2015
Adam
Adam rated it it was amazing
Feb 12, 2016
Angelique Howard
Angelique Howard rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2015
Tamara
Tamara rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2015
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
Dec 04, 2013
Kandy Jay
Kandy Jay rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2015
Heather
Heather rated it it was amazing
Jul 02, 2014
John Mauro
John Mauro rated it really liked it
Sep 04, 2015
Melissa Hawkins
Melissa Hawkins rated it liked it
Feb 26, 2016
Victoria
Victoria rated it really liked it
Jul 05, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The Glorious Pasta of Italy
  • New England Soup Factory Cookbook: More Than 100 Recipes from the Nation's Best Purveyor of Fine Soup
  • Sally's Baking Addiction: Irresistible Cookies, Cupcakes, and Desserts for Your Sweet-Tooth Fix
  • Joy the Baker Homemade Decadence: Irresistibly Sweet, Salty, Gooey, Sticky, Fluffy, Creamy, Crunchy Treats
  • Top Pot Hand-Forged Doughnuts: Secrets and Recipes for the Home Baker
  • Sweet Cream and Sugar Cones: 90 Recipes for Making Your Own Ice Cream and Frozen Treats from Bi-Rite Creamery
  • The Mac + Cheese Cookbook: 50 Simple Recipes from Homeroom, America's Favorite Mac and Cheese Restaurant
  • The Food52 Cookbook: 140 Winning Recipes from Exceptional Home Cooks
  • The Dahlia Bakery Cookbook: Sweetness in Seattle
  • Lidia's Commonsense Italian Cooking: 150 Delicious and Simple Recipes Anyone Can Master
  • Canal House Cooks Every Day
  • Weight Watchers 50th Anniversary Cookbook: 280 Delicious Recipes for Every Meal
  • Salt, Sugar, Smoke: The Definitive Guide to Conserving
  • The Big Sur Bakery Cookbook: A Year in the Life of a Restaurant
  • The Lee Bros. Simple Fresh Southern: Knockout Dishes with Down-Home Flavor
  • Stir-Frying to the Sky's Edge: The Ultimate Guide to Mastery, with Authentic Recipes and Stories
  • Cooking Light Fresh Food Fast Weeknight Meals: Over 280 Incredible Supper Solutions
  • Southern Biscuits
Aliza Green is an award-winning Philadelphia-based author, journalist, and influential chef whose books include The Fishmonger’s Apprentice (Quarry Books, 2010), Starting with Ingredients: Baking (Running Press, 2008) and Starting with Ingredients (Running Press, 2006), four Field Guides to food (Quirk, 2004-2007), Beans: More than 200 Delicious, Wholesome Recipes from Around the World (Running Pr ...more
More about Aliza Green...