Start by marking “The Lost Prince (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Lost Prince (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #1)

The Lost Prince (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten #1)

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  15,476 ratings  ·  2,002 reviews
Don’t look at Them.
Never let Them know
you can see Them.

That is Ethan Chase’s unbreakable rule. Until the fey he avoids at all costs—including his reputation—begin to disappear, and Ethan is attacked. Now he must change the rules to protect his family. To save a girl he never thought he’d dare to fall for.

Ethan thought he had protected himself from his older sister’s world—
Published October 23rd 2012 by Harlequin Teen

Can't Wait Books of 2012
89th out of 2,518 books — 15,931 voters
YA Novels of 2012
68th out of 1,282 books — 10,195 voters

More lists with this book...

Diane ϟ [ Lestrange ]
OMG! a spinoff of Ethan! I though its Puck. Oh well I know he will be there to guide Ethan plus we see more of Megan and Ash. super excited!
I miss you Puck!
Lora
Nov 18, 2011 Lora marked it as to-read

YES! This is perfecto! I am as excited as this dog right now. See, I don't want Kagawa to drag things out between Meghan and Ash, I just want them to be happy and that be the end of it. But little Ethan all grown up? Hell yes! I love male POVs!

*excitement*
Soumi
“I can’t stop it. I can’t stop Them from following me. If it was just me that the fey picked on, I’d be okay with that. But someone else always pays for my Sight. Someone else always gets hurt instead of me.” Tearing my gaze from hers, I looked out over the fields. “I’d rather be alone,” I muttered, “then to have to watch that again.”

Do you remember the little boy who was kidnapped by a vicious fey, and his big sister set out a journey to find that kind to a strange and magical place called Neve
Booknut
Pre-read review:

ETHAN?!! THAT is ETHAN?!!
Photobucket Photobucket

Wow...*blinks* I guess for some people puberty, umm, brings out the Ash in them! Ethan is quite the specimen of male supremacy there, so I'm pleasantly surprised!

This book is probably going to be brilliant - since it's Julie's :D. I'm looking forward to a little more Puck (and his humour) and maybe even a glimpse or two of Ash *coughs guiltily*. Ok, ok - I get the series is now about Ethan. But a girl can dream, right?!!

Kat Kennedy
Look, last time I knew Ethan he was a five years old. Please tell me I'm not the only one conflicted about the boy on the cover! I almost didn't want to read this book because I kept expecting Chris Hansen to come in and tell me to take a seat.

Then I'd be like, "I swear! He's sixteen! I just READ about him when he was five! He's totally of age now!"

crying girl

Then I'd cry dramatically JUST like this.

But, facts are facts, folks. Ethan's aged like a fine brandy if brandy had washboard abs and a butt built fo
Rimsha Salam
Check out my blogs for more reviews and book stuff: http://ramblingsofabookworm3.blogspot...

Yay!!!

Can't wait !!!

Edit:
Omg Omg the title is Iron prince meaning little Ethan is going to be an Iron prince! soooo cute <3

Edit: Name changed from Iron Prince to Lost prince ....
Omg is that Ethan on the cover!!! how did he get so big ....... dreamy !!!

Edit: just finished it and OMG ! what a book i don't think i will survive another book Ash, Puck,Ethan and Keirr
Steph Sinclair

Actual rating: 4.5 stars.

Show of hands. How many of you were worried about Kagawa returning to the Nevernever with a spin-off of an already successful series? *raises hand* I mean, let's think about this for a minute. The Iron Knight concluded and it seemed everything was "happy happy, joy joy," right? But then there were whisperings in the wind of a spin-off and I found myself saying, "What?! NOOO! NO, Julie! I forbid it! Ya hear?!" At the time the saying "Don't beat a dead horse" was running
❋ Sylvia ❋
I have just finished reading Ash and Meghan's story and fell deeply in love with these characters, all of them! The Iron Knight had me in tears, especially the last paragraph, I don't know if it was because it was goodbye, knowing I won't be captured anymore by these characters and their quests, but it left me with a hole in my heart, a void that needs to be filled, but when I saw she was coming out with a spin off my heart beat a million times faster! can not wait for this series to come out!

He
Whitney
You can see this review on my blog here. c:

First off, spoilers ahead! If you haven't read The Iron Fey series, I suggest you just step away from the review. ._.

The Lost Prince is about Meghan Chase's little brother--whom we all know him from TIF series as the one who got kidnapped and brought to the Nevernever in The Iron King--and he's changed. A. Lot. Then when his half-breed Phouka friend goes missing, and sightings of mysterious creepy Fey suddenly spring up, Ethan has to get involved in som
Aria (The Whimsical Reader)
MY REACTION AFTER READING THE BOOK

Yep! I have fallen crazy in love with this book. I mean I already know Julie Kagawa has a wicked imagination and writing skills but this book exceeded my expectations. Although the The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten share the same world as the Iron Fey series this has an entirely new flavor and excitement to it.

Want to know why?

Read on!

THE GIST

Ethan Chase always had the Sight. Even as a little kid he always had the ability to see the invisible world of the
oceana
ARC supplied by NetGalley and Harlequin Teen in exchange for an honest review.

3.5

THE LOST PRINCE.

What can I say about this book? When I was approved for the ARC, I nearly passed out. I kid you not; I chucked my iTouch across the room where it hit the wall and fell on Kipper, who was luckily so focused on my excitement he completely ignored it.

I grabbed my Nook, plugged it into my laptop, and had a teenage angst attack for about fifteen minutes when I couldn't remember how to drag the file to my
Kristalia
FINAL RATING: ★★★★☆/★★★★★

First things first. THIS BOOK WAS THE BEST IRON FEY BOOK EVER (well, depends xD it rivals with the Iron Queen)!!!!! Why is that? Because I couldn’t stop reading, I loved all of the characters, the story and most of all – there was no love triangle – VICTORY!!!

And look at this beautiful cover ♥

I have one thing to say to the future readers: if you have read Iron’s prophecy then you have probably spoiled yourself in a way for this book. If not, I suggest you read it after
Cas
Post Reading
I had to rate it 3 stars due to the characters. I loved the plot and the NeverNever; enjoyed seeing Puck and Ash, even though I never read the Iron Fey series; while Grimm was just amazing. As for Meghan...didn't like her whatsoever, but from what I've read from other reviews, it seems that this Meghan is vastly different from Iron Fey Meghan.

Ethan: simply put, it's a love/hate relationship.

Kenzie: I couldn't stand her. For her alone, this book lost a whole star: she's annoying, nosy
Blythe
This review contains spoilers for the Iron Fey series. You've been warned.

It's no secret that I absolutely love Julie Kagawa's Iron Fey, and it remains as one of my favorite YA series of all time. However, despite my love for the Iron Fey series, I went into The Lost Prince with slight trepidation for two reasons: reason one being that spin-offs rarely work out well for me, and, at its worst, only end up tarnishing my views of the original series, and reason two being that it's gotten reviews f
Riv
(My thoughts as the book was coming out are below.)
(I will hopefully be writing a real review at some point.)

I was actually pretty disappointed. I'm sure it was more enjoyable for new readers but, as an avid fan, a lot was predictable. No, correction: Not even as an avid fan. Just by reading The Iron Knight, I was able to guess at a bunch of the spoilers early on.
Also, Ethan was a bit too broody for me. And some of the other characters were a bit annoying, like Todd, or flat, like Kenzie. There
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
When the release of The Lost Prince was announced, I didn’t quite know what to think about it. In ninety percent of the cases, a spin-off isn’t the best idea an author can have and it ends up disappointing the fans. While I wasn’t the biggest fan of The Iron Fey in the world, I still enjoyed the series and I didn’t want it ruined in some sad attempt to milk the cash cow. Now, after reading the first book, I’m very excited that Ethan’s (and I suppose Keirran’s) story is being told.

As usual, what
Mary
Really..?! Julie Kagawa..?! OMG..!

Hahaha, now it's Ethan's turn.. *so excited
Can't hardly wait..No that's wrong..I can't wait any longer..8 months of torture waiting..WHY?! WHY?! WHY?! Hope to see Ash, Megan and Puck. PUCK..! I hope in this book together with Ethan he will find a girl that will love him unconditionally and he also loves her *praying for it to happen.

But then again this is perfect, I really really want to read more stories with a guy's POV. And Ethan all grown up..this is reall
Saniya(Will Herondale is mine)
The cat. The God-damn cat.
Official book trailer!^

Ohkay thats it! I feel like an old grandma here. I am saving Ethan and Prince Keirran for my children to fan-girl over about now.
Since I have already given my heart and soul to Ash and Puck.

*Out of the fan-club of Team Ethan or Keirran.*

And did I mention that they both have their own girlfriends to actually care about us dying to be their imaginary girlfriend? Nope. They didn't even think about that. How
~Tina~
"This is the Iron Realm," I told her. "It's still Faery, just a different flavor of crazy."

Ethan Chase isn't new when it comes to the whole faery existence. His sister is the Iron Queen after all and he's been able to see them since he was a child which has been nothing but trouble.
Making sure to use every trick in the book so not to attract their attention and play the part of a rebellious troublemaker to ensure that people don't get to close to him, Ethan is so sick of this tiresome scene. Cl
E.V.Franzmnn E.V.Franzmnn
Epic High Five

HECK YEHHHHHHHHH this is what I'm talking about,,,, Can't wait to see what's up with Ethan when he grows up seeing the fey and all,,
Ta§chima Cullen
Does anybody else feel a little weird/perverted to have the hots for Ethan? I remember reading The Iron King and imagining a little cute boy, and now he is the boy in the cover, and he is hot, but I still can remember that little boy... confusing, a little bit perverted, but oh so good. He has grown up into a fine frame of a man.
♥Rachel♥
2.5 Stars

The Lost Prince was an entertaining adventure, a story that any fan of Kagawa’s Fey series will enjoy.

When we last left off, Ethan Chase was the toddler/younger brother of Meghan Chase, one who also had “The Sight,” in other words, he could see faeries. He has nothing but contempt for the Fey. In his mind they took his sister and have made his everyday life a nightmare. Now at sixteen, Ethan tries to stay out of trouble but with the Fey in his life, this is impossible. He keeps every on
Jessie  (Ageless Pages Reviews)
Read This Review & More Like It On My Blog!

The Lost Prince was exactly what I hoped it would be. I devoured it entirely in just one day, unable to stop myself because I was having such a good time back in this unique world, filled with cait sith (and one of my favorite fictional felines of all time -- Grimalkin!), human struggle, humor, and magic. Another winner for this strong author, this series is off to a great start.

"I've also spoken with a talking cat, fought a dragon, and watched the
Katy
This book was SO much better than the Iron Fey series, but I just have to knock it down a star for the anticlimactic end. For those who are wondering about my opinion of the Iron Fey series, I really liked the first one. I liked books 2 and 3 enough, and I really didn't care too much for the last one. I think this book may have surpassed my opinion of The Iron King - sans the disappointingly small role my beloved Puck played in this one.

Again, I have to give Kagawa props for going outside th
Aimee
“I would not worry about that, mortal. No one ever leaves the Nevernever completely sane.”

I have been a fan of both Kagawa's Iron Fey and Blood of Eden series, so of course I decided to try this one again despite putting it off the first time I read it. I honestly can't remember why I didn't finish this one, though.

First off, the world building was as lovely as always. If there's one thing I love about Kagawa's books, it's that they all have these magical settings. The Nevernever is definitely i
Mitch
Let me start by saying I fell off the bandwagon after The Iron Knight. I really liked the first three books of what was then the Iron Fey trilogy, but angsty Ash and a plot that's filler at best was a huge turnoff for me. But The Lost Prince, wow, I am absolutely, one hundred percent, no regrets back on. This is the sequel to the original trilogy I was expecting, incredibly awesome.

First off, don't trust the preview chapter in Immortal Rules, the first chapter's been rewritten, and it's way bett
Pam Vlieg
I am dead. Julie has killed me. One word for now: Amazing.
Teresa
Mar 22, 2012 Teresa marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
A fifth book?!! *screams* Thank you, thank you, thank you, Kagawa!!!!!! Though I thought The Iron Knight was going to be the last? Oh, well, I'm not going to complain much. I want the book so badly now. Kagawa, you are truly gifted and amazing. I guarentee this book will be great, captiviating, and phenemonal, just like the previous four. The Iron King was an amazing start to a series. The Iron Daughter was one of the best sequels I ever read. The Iron Queen left me in tears. The Iron Knight tou ...more
Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids

Fans of The Iron Fey series will love being back in the world they fell in love with when they first met Meghan, Ash and Puck. Now years later, and with a whole new generation of characters, the Fey world is about to get a lot more interesting. Readers are going to fall in love with a different Chase family member. Ethan Chase. When you're done with the first installment of Ethan's story you'll be wanting more.

Ethan Chase is definitely not that little boy that we all first fell in love
Haleema
Beware of spoilers!

This is a 2.5, to be precise.

So as I sat down, ready to start this book, I thought to myself, Dayum. Look at Ethan on the cover! He was a baby when I first started this series. Look at that kid! But may I add that the UK's cover is ten times better! I mean, check this out!

description

Yes, I admit that Ethan grew up to be a fine guy. But is he going to be like Meghan? Is he going to be just as annoying, stupid, and ridiculously laughable like how Meghan was in the first two books? Well, I
Team Ethan OR Team Keirran??? 46 157 Nov 28, 2014 03:43PM
i miss the old characters :( 7 57 Aug 06, 2014 09:46AM
Teen Critic: The Lost Prince by Julie Kawaga -----> Starts June 15th 24 17 Jun 20, 2014 02:05PM
what we think : The Lost Prince-December BOTM 6 10 Nov 28, 2013 07:49AM
Shut Up &amp; Read: The Lost Prince byJulie Kagawa 60 28 Oct 04, 2013 12:00PM
Thoughts on the book? (spoilers) 8 39 Aug 28, 2013 05:37AM
The Iron Fey: Upcoming book this October 20 15 Aug 08, 2013 09:13AM
  • Spark (Elemental, #2)
  • Rise (Nightshade Prequel, #2)
  • Crimson Frost (Mythos Academy, #4)
  • Ironskin (Ironskin, #1)
  • The Girl in the Clockwork Collar (Steampunk Chronicles, #2)
  • Covet (The Clann, #2)
  • The Torn Wing (The Faerie Ring, #2)
  • Everbound (Everneath, #2)
  • The Goddess Legacy (Goddess Test, #2.5)
  • Two and Twenty Dark Tales: Dark Retellings of Mother Goose Rhymes
  • Romeo Redeemed (Juliet Immortal, #2)
  • Enshadowed (Nevermore, #2)
  • Shine (Shade, #3)
  • Dearly, Beloved (Gone With the Respiration, #2)
  • With All My Soul (Soul Screamers, #7)
  • Wicked Kiss (Nightwatchers, #2)
  • Awaken (Daughters of the Sea, #2)
  • Spellcaster (Spellbound, #2)
The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1) The Iron Daughter (The Iron Fey, #2) The Iron Queen (The Iron Fey, #3) The Iron Knight (The Iron Fey, #4) The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden, #1)

“Care to join me, Goodfellow?”
“Oh, ice-boy. A moonlight stroll with you? Do you even have to ask?”
136 likes
“Huh, another queen,” Puck mused, an evil grin crossing his face. “Maybe we should drop in and introduce ourselves, ice-boy. Do the whole, hey, we were just in the neighborhood, and we were just wondering if you had any plans to take over the Nevernever. Have a fruit basket.” 101 likes