Start by marking “The Wars of Gods and Men” as Want to Read:
The Wars of Gods and Men

The Wars of Gods and Men (Earth Chronicles #3)

O homem nasceu para ser um guerreiro ou os deuses ensinaram a humanidade a guerrear? Os alienígenas foram responsáveis pelos eventos mais cataclísmicos da história humana? As guerras da Terra começam nos Céus e os eventos celestes determinam o futuro da humanidade na Terra? Neste livro, Zecharia Sithcin apresenta uma evidência surpreendente de que os "deuses" que vieram à ...more
Published 1985 by Avon Books

To ask other readers questions about The Wars of Gods and Men, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wars of Gods and Men

Sainte
Book 3 didn't do it for me like #1 of The Earth Chronicles. It was too dry and laborious to get through, filled with more the theories and facts Zitchin lays out in Book 1. Maybe because it's like a dense encyclopaedia of the distant past battles & wars...it was difficult to find a thread to care about without getting bogged down or bored by all the details.
I haven't read Book 2 yet, but I'm hoping it's more enjoyable like Book 1. I like Z. Sitchin and find his theories interesting. I've rea
Omid Mankoo
Jan 24, 2012 Omid Mankoo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Zachariah Sitchins books are detailed with actual translations of Ancient Cuniform (clay tablet) writings. They are Sumerian Writings , the language which brought about Aramaic, which in turn brought about Hebrew and Arabic. He is an Archeologist, and ancient script interpreter/translator. He delves into ancient texts, and clay tablet writtings, religious scriptures, artifacts, and drawings & visits museums, and sights of actual historical significance mentioned in various world scriptures, ...more
John Herceg
Aug 29, 2011 John Herceg rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sitchin continues his "Earth Chronicles" with the third installment, "The Wars of Gods and Men." A provocative narration, retelling the long considered myths of ancient battles as factual events of our Earth's history. Sifting through ancient Sumerian clay tablets and other sources of antiquity, such as the Dead Sea Scrolls, the author tells of a time when not men but gods ruled the planet and fate of humanity. Once again, basing his claims on texts chiseled and written by scribes of days past, ...more
Erik Graff
Feb 07, 2010 Erik Graff rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
Recommended to Erik by: John Rhodes
Shelves: religion
This was the third, and last, of The Earth Chronicles books by Zecharia Sitchin that I read on the recommendation of a friend. This same friend had been kind enough to give me a real history of Sumerian culture as well, so I felt sort of obligated. The more I read about ancient Sumeria, the less even barely plausible did Sitchin appear.

Where is he coming from anyway? It's too elaborate to be joke, isn't it?
Saroya
As with all of Sitchin's books, this one did not disappoint. He takes you back to the time when the 'gods' where in the sky for all on planet earth to see. And how man emulated them by engaging in their own wars on behalf of the 'gods' they were loyal to. A very fascinating alternative historical account.
Jorey
Sep 03, 2012 Jorey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sodom and Gomorrah, the flight from Egypt, the conquer of Canaan---wars between gods to control Earth and mankind!
Jessica
Though this begins with dry academia, it regains some of the thrill you felt when reading The 12th Planet. Well done, good read.
Adam Madvibe
book 3 pull ya bible out
John
Feb 20, 2017 John rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

Now I know why there's a great desert like area in Africa. I've always wondered why as a child. Great read. On to the next in this series!
John
Feb 21, 2017 John rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Some interesting thoughts on Abraham.
Sehar
Oct 06, 2016 Sehar rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I started this book planning to be sceptical but very sure that I'd be blown away... And truth is I wasn't.
For me perhaps the most interesting thing about this book was the overview of Asian mythology and the very interesting parallels with current world religions. The fact that the symbol of the nibiru was the cross, the sacrifice of bulls in ancient Sumeria, the deluge myth were all very interesting.
Also eye-opening were the parallels drawn between different world mythologies.
The stories Mr s
Mark Austin
★ - Most books with this rating I never finish and so don't make this list. This one I probably started speed-reading to get it over with.
★★ - Average. Wasn't terrible, but not a lot to recommend it. Probably skimmed parts of it.
★★★ - Decent. A few good ideas, well-written passages, interesting characters, or the like.
★★★★ - Good. This one had parts that inspired me, impressed me, made me laugh out loud, made me think - it got positive reactions and most of the rest of it was pretty decent too.
Aaron Meyer
Jul 08, 2015 Aaron Meyer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ended up liking this book more than I thought I was going to. Though there is a bit of rehash from the previous volumes it isn't enough to completely bore you. This volume he moves his theory into the ancient world and how the annunaki influenced the ancient middle east. The thing that gets me is he stops short of actually naming who he thought Yahweh was, though if I was to take a stab I would say Enlil. Maybe he announces it in a future book I guess I will just have to wait and see. This book ...more
Roberto G
Nov 05, 2015 Roberto G rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
I love Zecharia's passion for his research and sharing it all with us. His book is packed full of meticulously gathered information. He is one of the most respected and foremost experts in his field. I do warn the reader if your not a big fan of the his you may not finish the book. It took me a while to finish and only read it between other books. For me it was a thirst for knowledge so if that's what your looking for then you found your book. But it will not fill your desire for entertainment.
Pat
Sep 30, 2011 Pat rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of the most fascinating books I have ever read. It introduces the "gods" of the Earth, how they made humans and what transpired until about 1950BC. This is the third in a series called the Earth Chronicles;he uses archeological evidence and translations plus the Bible as sources. Well worth reading.
David
Apr 16, 2015 David rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my introduction to the Sitchin chronicles. He shares some interesting theories which are often quoted by the Ancient Aliens programs, but if you read beyond that part, the familial intrigue and soap operas displayed by the Sumarian gods makes for a lot of fun.
Anna
Jul 28, 2011 Anna rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
He is repeating himself and so busy trying to prove the Old and New Testament in each ancient text he's read. He also do not give the details which text he's translated. I do not trust his translations. I felt like I was reading a science fiction book. Cannot take him seriously.
Ty
Jan 09, 2008 Ty rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Erin Mallon
Recommended to Ty by: no one.
Even if you don't believe that we are descendants of a cross breed between an alien race and earth born primates, allowing yourself to see history the way Zecharia Sitchin does causes the ground to shift a bit beneath you.
Victor Cojocaru
Sitchin had probably a stroke and after that used a lot of revealed or maybe channeled information. Anyway, his interpretation never holds regarding the outer space origin of the Anunnaki, the rockets or the gold mining purpose.
Otherwise, he is a great fiction wrighter.

Ceará
May 27, 2014 Ceará rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It was a good read yet the author cannot write the story in an entertaining manner. i got bored in the middle of reading it.
Tim
Tim rated it really liked it
Aug 27, 2012
Sharon
Sharon rated it it was amazing
Jun 27, 2012
Warren B
Warren B rated it really liked it
May 18, 2014
Tanner
Tanner rated it it was amazing
Jun 18, 2015
Skyler
Skyler rated it it was amazing
Aug 17, 2010
Philip Tha- B. Toole
Philip Tha- B. Toole rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2016
Sveťa
Sveťa rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2010
Lynnette Y Innis
Lynnette Y Innis rated it really liked it
Nov 13, 2014
Vivien Marie
Vivien Marie rated it it was amazing
Mar 03, 2012
Yardley Hickey
Yardley Hickey rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2015
  • Gods of Eden
  • Odyssey of the Gods: The Alien History of Ancient Greece
  • From the Ashes of Angels: The Forbidden Legacy of a Fallen Race
  • The Sirius Mystery: New Scientific Evidence of Alien Contact 5,000 Years Ago
  • Heaven's Mirror: Quest for the Lost Civilization
  • The Atlantis Blueprint: Unlocking the Ancient Mysteries of a Long-lost Civilization
  • The Stargate Conspiracy
  • Technology of the Gods: The Incredible Sciences of the Ancients
  • The Hidden History of the Human Race - The condensed edition of Forbidden Archeology
  • Uriel's Machine
  • The Egypt Code
  • The Giza Power Plant: Technologies of Ancient Egypt
  • From Atlantis to the Sphinx
  • Slave Species of God: The Story of Humankind from the Cradle of Humankind
  • Aliens Among Us
  • Forbidden History: Prehistoric Technologies, Extraterrestrial Intervention, and the Suppressed Origins of Civilization
Sitchin was born in Baku, Azerbaijan, and was raised in Palestine. He acquired some knowledge of modern and ancient Hebrew, other Semitic and European languages, the Torah, and the history and archeology of the Near East.

Sitchin graduated from the London School of Economics, University of London, majoring in economic history.

A journalist and editor in Israel for many years, he now lives and writ
More about Zecharia Sitchin...

Earth Chronicles (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • The 12th Planet (Earth Chronicles, #1)
  • The Stairway to Heaven (The Earth Chronicles, #2)
  • The Lost Realms (Earth Chronicles, #4)
  • Genesis Revisited
  • When Time Began (Earth Chronicles, #5)
  • Divine Encounters
  • The Cosmic Code (Earth Chronicles, #6)
  • The Lost Book of Enki: Memoirs & Prophecies of an Extraterrestrial God
  • The Earth Chronicles Expeditions  (Earth Chronicles Expeditions, #1)
  • The End of Days (The Earth Chronicles, #7)