Start by marking “Coming Home (Winds Of Change #1)” as Want to Read:
Coming Home (Winds Of Change #1)

Coming Home (Winds of Change #1)

Dayna Wilson's philandering ex-husband asks her to do the unthinkable---support him in his dying days. Her heart torn between her ex's pain and the promise of a new love, Dayna must ask: Can she help the man who devastated her? And will helping him threaten her newfound love? In Coming Home, Stacy Hawkins Adams boldly explores the limits of loyalty and unconditional love.
Published March 20th 2012 by Zondervan (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Coming Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Coming Home

Apr 25, 2012 Alicia rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this books. It was a fresh take on several complicated issues ( divorce,infidelity,forgiveness, interracial dating to name a few) and I enjoyed the way Ms.Hawkins-Adams presented them- not too cliched, but with the reality that these issues and the people that live them exists more in shades of gray than black and white. While this book is considered Christian fiction, it was not overly preachy or filled with perfect people. Readers will be able to see (parts of)themselves in so ...more
Apr 11, 2012 Monique rated it really liked it
Coming Home by Stacy Hawkins Adams - 4 stars
Dayna has the right to have a closed heart and troubled relationship with God. You see her husband of seven years cheated on her and eventually left to marry the mistress. It took Dayna five years to get her life back on track - new friends, boyfriend that adores her, and high powered career. With very little warning, her past comes falling into her present.

Coming Home is about relationships...not only with friends, family, and lovers but with cheatin
Katrina Burchett
Before Dayna Wilson started dating Warren she was married to Brent. She was left with much heartache after the divorce and it had taken years to get to a point where she could function again. Now Brent is back; he showed up on her door asking for forgiveness. Why now? And will Dayna be able to find it in her heart to forgive this man who hurt her so deeply?

The thoughts that popped into my head while reading:
1. Brent couldn’t apologize to Dayna way before this? So, if he hadn’t been ill would he
Nardsbaby Reader
May 20, 2012 Nardsbaby Reader rated it it was amazing

Dayna Wilson is seemingly happy. She's involved in a healthy, serious relationship with Warren Avery, a co-worker she met while learning to Salsa dance. They both came with baggage, Dayna a divorcee and Warren a widower with two sons. But they were both treading through and making things work for them. That is until the green-eyed monster makes an appearance.

Brent Davidson, Dayna's ex, pops up uninvited. It's been seven years since they were divorced and she's not trying
to hear anything he c
Authors & Readers Book Corner
May 15, 2012 Authors & Readers Book Corner rated it really liked it
Have you been through a situation you believed could never be forgotten? Dayna felt this way after her ex-husband Brent, stepped outside their marriage in Coming Home by Stacy Hawkins Adams. Seven years has passed and Dayna has moved on, working as a hospital executive. Dayna is in love with a new man and everything is going well until…

Brent returns to ask for Dayna’s forgiveness as well as her help. Brent’s wife, Tamara is uncomfortable with her husband’s plan and does not understand his determ
Jan 15, 2015 Cf rated it it was ok
I typically don't read Christian fiction by African American authors they are obsessed with adultery. They tend to paint women as doormats, weak willed, stagnant idiots. That can't move on to a healthy relationship in which they put themselves first.

I love how Brent only apologized because of his condition. If he wasn't sick, Dayna would have remained an afterthought in his life. And Dayna who risked her relationship with Warren for a man who discarded her like yesterday's trash.

Forgiveness is f
Maureen Timerman
Apr 09, 2012 Maureen Timerman rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012
Wow! This is an interesting thought provoking read. What would you do in Dayna's place? She seems to have it all ....great job, great friendships, and in a relationship that seems to be leading to marriage.
Then all of a sudden there is her former husband, who dumped her for another woman, at her door! Had to ask what would I do?? Very, very hard question. She has moved on and with the help of God has forgiven, but now it is in her face.
Don't know how I felt about Warren, her new man, he was rath
Jul 23, 2012 Shannon rated it it was amazing
What would you do if your ex-husband came back into your life after a bad divorce? I would like to think I'm working on grace & forgivness like this chic but I don't know. I really like this book because the characters were believable. You could relate to the drama transpiring throughout. There were moments I questioned my own beliefs and values. A really good read for anyone still holding onto stuff in their lives.
May 31, 2013 Darlene rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was very inspirational. I like the spiritual aspect of how to deal with some hard life lessons and how the worst of circumstances can be overcome through faith.
Lisa Carter
Nov 01, 2012 Lisa Carter rated it really liked it
Amazing, heart-touching story of the power of forgiveness and unconditional love.

A book that can bring healing to shattered dreams.

I'm a new Stacy Hawkins Adams fan.
Coming Home is a deeply spiritual and emotionally healing novel penned by one of my favorite Women's fiction authors. The title of this book fits the themes in the story, which really made me, as a reader, think. The author's greatest strength as a novelist is her ability to dig deep and pull out universal truths while examining them through her characters' lives. I learned a lot from seeing the world through Dayna and Tamara's perspectives. Their situations were personally challenging and oh-so ...more
Paula  Phillips
May 10, 2012 Paula Phillips rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Seven years has passed and Dayna has gotten along with her life and finally moved on from the husband that cheated on her and the women -her once friend whom he has now married and is in a good job and has meet a wonderful knight in shining armour - Warren. All is going great until one day , Dayna recieves a surprise visit from her ex-husband Brent who has come bearing sad news and hopes of gaining her forgiveness. We learn that Brent is dying and wishes to get all his feelings out in the open a ...more
May 11, 2012 Sidne rated it really liked it

Shelly Itkin
May 18, 2012 Shelly Itkin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Danya was all dressed and waiting for her boyfriend, Warren to pick her up for a special night when the doorbell rings and Brent her former husband rings the bell. Imagine her surprise when he walks in with a dozen roses (her favorite flowers) and says he needs to talk to her. After having been married to him for seven years and him leaving her for another women and divorcing her she has finally gotten on with her life and is happy and somewhat secure in her position and life until he returns. H ...more
Lori Henrich
This is the first book that I have read by this author. I liked the writing style and the character development. Traveling along on the journey with Dayna was interesting to say the least. Even though I kind of sensed where the story would wind up I enjoyed the journey.

Dayna is single and dating a wonderful man when out of the blue her past shows up at her door. This past arrived in the form of her ex-husband with a bouquet of roses. Brent had been trying to reach her for a couple of months now
Anne Campbell
Dec 21, 2012 Anne Campbell rated it really liked it
This would make a great Christmas gift for someone!

Life is going well for Dayna Wilson. She has a beautiful home, a dream job in management at a prestigious medical center, and her probably soon-to-become fiance, Warren, is the vice president of marketing at the same medical center.

Dayna has made peace with God over her divorce and forgiven her former husband, Brent, for cheating on her. Or so she thinks until he shows up on her doorstep with a dozen red roses, apologizing for hurting her and d
May 29, 2012 Traci rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. It was the first I have read from this author and honestly was difficult at times.

Dayna is trying to move on with her life after her ex-husband cheats on her, divorces her and marries the same woman. Years later her reappears in her life as she has finally moved on and started dating someone else. Brent wants to ask her forgiveness and inform her that he is dying from prostate cancer.

Dayna has to process through forgiveness issues when she has neglected her relation
Sid Frost
Aug 30, 2013 Sid Frost rated it it was amazing
Dayna came out of a divorce from a cheating husband stronger than ever. It took seven years, but as the book opens, she has a successful career and a relationship with Warren, a wonderful man who offers her a chance for what she wanted most—children and a lifetime with a loving husband.

Why, then, does she let herself get drawn into helping her former husband? It seems like the right thing to do, but it turns out to be a decision that jeopardizes her relationship with Warren and threatens her ex
Desiree Watson
Jul 02, 2014 Desiree Watson rated it really liked it
Dayna was hurt when her husband Brent cheated on her with her friend Tamara. She eventually forgives him and moves on with her life. After several years, Brent shows up to try and make amends with Dayna. She is reluctant to hear what he has to say until he reveals that he is dying of cancer. In the end, her friend Tamara needs her more than she knows. Brent asks Dayna to help put together an organization he has always wanted to start. Tamara, Brent and Dayna find themselves putting aside their d ...more
May 11, 2012 Cafelilybookreviews rated it it was amazing
Powerful. If someone asked me to sum up this book with just one word - powerful would be my choice. I had no idea what to expect when I started reading this book and I certainly wasn't prepared for the emotional ups and downs, but this book was impossible to put down once I started it.

This book made me think long and hard and many times, while reading it, I tried to put myself in both Dayna and Tamara's place. This storyline was completely believable and relevant and I appreciate that the author
May 21, 2013 Aadams30 rated it liked it
This book started a little slow for me. I actually was thinking of giving it 2 stars. It was a book club choice and after discussing the book at book club meeting it seemed I enjoyed it more than I thought. In the beginning I really didn't connect to any of the characters, but soon enough there came a couple of twist with the friend Audrey. It makes for a good story of forgiveness and looking at things from a different perspective. I enjoyed Duchess character and Audrey the good friend. I should ...more
Sep 27, 2012 Elyn added it
Not rating it because it was an accidental read--I just picked something from the library's "current" shelf without checking the blurbs. I didn't like it but that may have more to do with the fact that it falls into a few genres (Christian fiction/relationship) that I tend not to read. Certainly its reviewers here and on Amazon like it. I'm adding the book here so I don't accidentally pick it up again!
Christy Carmean
Aug 29, 2013 Christy Carmean rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my first book by this author and I would read other books by her for sure. She developed great characters and had some interesting twists and complications in the story line that kept my interest throughout the entire book. I appreciated that her characters were real people who worked for a living (unlike many novels who lean toward the wealthy and famous), and were part of families and friends that dealt with messy but true emotions and situations.
Apr 23, 2012 Patriciaw rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Can't begin to enumerate all the ways in which Coming Home poked at me spiritually through the story of Dayna Wilson who, seven years after her divorce, is called upon by her ex-husband and his wife in a way no sane person would ever expect. Although I can't relate to being divorced, I can relate to the questions raised about unconditional love, forgiveness, faith in the face of betrayal and other questions Adams raises through this moving, gripping story.
Patrice Rivers
May 09, 2015 Patrice Rivers rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Book!

This is my first time reading a book from this author. This is a wonderful book and I will be reading future books from Stacy. I enjoyed the storyline from beginning to end. Great job! This book kept my interest the entire time.

Patrice Rivers
Author, Poet and Blogger
Nicole Hughes
Jun 30, 2013 Nicole Hughes rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. The characters were relatable and real. The storyline was believable and encouraging. This book illustrated forgiveness at its finest. It also discussed issues of family drama. Interracial dating, adultery, love, death and disease. If you want to read a feel good book with biblical inferences this is the book for you. I am a true fan of this author's work.
Robyn Roberts morris
This book was interesting. I had a hard time with the subject matter at first but once I got past my own personal issues of forgiveness it was a good book to read. The first couple of chapters were hard to get through, but I knew I wanted to finish it so I pressed on and found I was pleasantly surprised.
Unoma Nwankwor
Mar 10, 2014 Unoma Nwankwor rated it it was amazing
We often times mistake love as a feeling,but it's in the doing. Coming home is a tale of forgiveness,love and being true to one's authentic self. I couldn't put it down, God will always lead the way once you let him take the wheel.
Dec 09, 2015 Courtney rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best books I've read in awhile. It was a fresh take on some complicated issues, and I found myself drawn in by the characters. I'm looking forward to reading the next one in the series!
Mar 31, 2012 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is such an engrossing story. You really get swept up in the characters' lives. The author does a great job of exploring the themes of love and forgiveness, and I enjoyed seeing how Dayna grew closer to God. My full review is at
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Last Woman Standing
  • Love Isn't Enough
  • What Kind of Fool
  • Last Temptation
  • Destiny's Divas
  • The Sunday Morning Wife (Peace in the Storm Publishing Presents)
  • Mother of Pearl
  • Samson
  • Wish You Were Here (Wish You Were Here, #1)
  • Faithful
  • A Promise to Love (Michigan Northwoods, #2)
  • The Secret She Kept
  • Twice Promised (The Blue Willow Brides, #2)
  • The Mother Road
  • Guilty of Love
  • Amelia's Journey (Winds Across the Prairie, #.5)
  • Wife 101
  • A Plain & Simple Heart (The Amish of Apple Grove, #2)
Stacy Hawkins Adams is an award-winning journalist, author and essayist who enjoys exploring life's truths through facts and fiction.

In her 9 novels, she weaves contemporary women's issues, social issues and matters of faith into creative plots that leave you rooting for some characters and furious with others. You'll put down one of her books feeling like you've left behind a friend.

Her most rec
More about Stacy Hawkins Adams...

Winds of Change (3 books)
  • Lead Me Home (Winds of Change #2)
  • Finding Home (Winds of Change #3)

“You never know what the wind will blow your way, baby; you’ve just got to be prepared to dance to the music God provides.” 0 likes
“STG — his acronym for Simply Trust God. The idea” 0 likes