A Scrapbook of Motherhood Firsts: Stories to Celebrate & Wisdom to Bless Moms

A Scrapbook of Motherhood Firsts: Stories to Celebrate & Wisdom to Bless Moms

4.64 of 5 stars 4.64  ·  rating details  ·  14 ratings  ·  9 reviews
A SCRAPBOOK OF MOTHERHOOD FIRSTS celebrates motherhood milestones in a collection of topics from conception to school days, and recipes to family fun days. With nearly 150 years of collective mothering, Leslie, Trish, Terra, Cathy, and Karen combine common sense, heartfelt advice, and humor to encourage young women in their journey through motherhood. Through tips, stories...more
Published April 10th 2012 by ACU Press/Leafwood Publishers

W.
Apr 19, 2013 W. rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: w-wei
Review of A Scrapbook of Motherhood Firsts

This collection of beautifully written nonfiction stories by five celebrated women, Leslie Wilson, Trish Berg, Terra Hangen, Cathy Messecar and Karen Robbins is wise, inspirational, personal and, at the time, touching. The stories told by these authors in the Motherhood Firsts are arranged from Getting the Party Started to Gifts, and finishes with lessons learned. Within each chapter several personal tales are shared, accompanied by words of wisdom, tips...more
Jenny Sulpizio
As mothers, we all know how difficult our job can be as we strive to maintain some sort of balance, all while attempting to raise (and nurture) our children in the process. It's tough. It can be chaotic. And sometimes, it can be downright discouraging. Thankfully, this talented group of authors (comprised of super-knowledgeable moms), came together in order to produce "A Scrapbook of Motherhood Firsts": a beautifully written keepsake that all moms can learn from, laugh with, refer to, and enjoy....more
Nicole
I received this book as a "first reads" giveaway. It had such an appealing look to it when I first opened it, I immediately decided to read it gingerly, so that I could gift it to someone later. After a couple chapters, I decided I had to keep it for myself! It's visually attractive, feminine, and written in a style that feels like girlfriends sitting around having coffee together.

I loved the short breaks for giggles throughout the book of "You might be a Mommy if...", and the variation of "If...more
* Sara Johns*
What a great little fun, light-hearted, and educational read. This book is full of cute stories of mothers firsts (hence the title) along with money saving tips, time saving tips, funny things kids say..pretty much anything family related you can think of. I giggled and cried while reading this, but mostly just had a cheesy grin on my face the entire time. Every mother should read this and it would make a great Mother's Day gift (it's getting close).
Rachel -TeamQhuay-
Apr 24, 2012 Rachel -TeamQhuay- rated it 5 of 5 stars Recommends it for: Mothers to be, First time moms
Recommended to Rachel -TeamQhuay- by: Goodreads
I thought this was an extremely good book(scrap book.)

There is some really good advice here for future first mom's to be.
I enjoyed that they shared their personal stories and what, I'm sure, every first mom, whether through adoption or having a child, fear throughout the pregnancy or adoption process.
I'm sure my pregnant friend who's having her first kid will really enjoy this book. I hope it will help her, honestly. (:
Terra
Jul 11, 2012 Terra rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Hey, I am co-author of this book so won't say too much here. This is a hardcover book with a charming appearance and full color, and it is full of tips and spirit lifters for all moms. Reviewers say you will laugh and maybe wipe away a tear or two, as you read. One reviewer said reading our book is like sitting down for a chat with a friend. Another said it is her "go to" book for baby shower gifts.
Jess
I liked reading this book, it had a few recipes in the book which is always a fun bonus. The stories in the book were also a good read. I think the book would be nice for anyone to read and it was a quick read also.
Connie
My children are now 18 and older but this book reminded so much things that happened when they were younger. I would recommend this book to other young mothers and even older mothers.
Lora
A short little book celebrating motherhood. Very cute, with funny and inspiring things that the authors share.
Jan Regehr
Jan Regehr marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2014
Lindsey
Lindsey marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2013
Barry
Barry marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2013
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2013
Olya
Olya marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2012
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2012
Carolyn Cooper
Carolyn Cooper marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2012
Roxy
Roxy marked it as to-read
Amber Dickens
Amber Dickens marked it as to-read
Colleen
Colleen marked it as to-read
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Sussie
Sussie marked it as to-read
Frank
Frank marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2012
Jennifer marked it as to-read
« previous 1 3 next »
Christian Authors...: New member intro and my book 2 10 Oct 08, 2013 07:21AM
More about Leslie Wilson...
Saving Rafael Last Train from Kummersdorf Malefice Mountain Of Immoderate Desires The Hungry Games: Lose Weight God's Way & Never Diet Again