Start by marking “Dr. Abravanel's Body Type Diet and Lifetime Nutrition Plan” as Want to Read:
Dr. Abravanel's Body Type Diet and Lifetime Nutrition Plan

Dr. Abravanel's Body Type Diet and Lifetime Nutrition Plan

3.72  ·  Rating Details  ·  99 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
The unique body-typing program that teaches you how to:

Lose weight
Achieve your ideal body shape
Target your trouble spots
Boost your energy
Eliminate food cravings forever
Feel better than you ever thought possible

Do you crave coffee and sweets--or a nice thick steak?
Do you get love handles--or jiggly pockets on your thighs?
Are you quick-tempered--or impatient and easil
Published July 6th 1999 by Bantam (first published 1983)

Be the first to ask a question about Dr. Abravanel's Body Type Diet and Lifetime Nutrition Plan

Leah Hortin
Sep 27, 2012 Leah Hortin rated it it was ok
Hmph. I understand the reasoning behind eating for your body type and I am clearly a certain body type but dude? Lost all respect for you when you tell me to not lift more than 6 pounds. Can't take you seriously now. (Though, the diet aspect was pretty spot on for my needs, lines up exactly with my naturopathic testing.)
Chrisl
Jul 11, 2015 Chrisl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 1980s, dew600s
In the 1980s, when I started researching nutritional genealogy for a potential book, "The Diet Puzzle," Abravanel was a best selling author. That was the era of diet gurus like Richard S ... and the library audience had established clear expectations for those often BS books. (BS is my selective acronym for best-sellers.) (BS and talk shows featuring diet authors ... librarians be prepared.)

Abravanel's book was the first of hundreds of books and articles that I scanned for perspective. He pointe
Carri
Aug 07, 2014 Carri rated it it was ok
This offers insight into the world of glands and how food and lifestyle can affect these glands. It delves into helping the individual figure out their body type and what foods will help rest their dominant gland and help repair it while stimulating the other glands to work harder to make up the difference. It is not extreme and I like that. It also discusses the best exercise for each body type, stretches and vitamins.
Stefani Johnsen
this is a great book. I'm done with it and I have noticed I feel better. I can't wait to see myself in a week, two weeks, month and on down the road. I think if I make it past the 3 weeks with out sugar I might give up sugar entirely, and only eat fruit once or twice a week. I'm glad a friend turned me onto this book. excellent if you aren't seeing the results you want, maybe its your body type???
Marnie
Apr 28, 2009 Marnie rated it it was amazing
Individualized weight management. Signs and symptoms help determine which glands have been over or under stimulated, and a prescriptive diet helps to overcome the issues. I'm not thrilled with some of the way he refers to types of physiques, as it seems like he is being judgmental instead of just descriptive. However, the work is solid and the approach to weight loss is incredibly effective.
Ellen
The concept of a diet based upon your body type is pretty logical. Taking the body type test, even though it definitely places in one body type, I absolutely disagree with parts of it and fit completely with another type. I don't think the amount of food is necessarily adequate. This updated version was published in 1999 and is long overdue for an update.
Maggie
May 24, 2008 Maggie rated it did not like it
Not recommended. I disagree with hi methods and reasoning. He did not cause me to believe these methods. Same as the blood type...I just don't believe that different bodies need drastically different foods. Veggies, fruits, whole grains, nuts, seeds, legumes, natural as possible...period. and exercize!
Carlos
Jul 02, 2013 Carlos rated it liked it
Muy interesante como para cada tipo de cuerpo hay diferentes tipos de comida, vale la pena leerlo si siempre has estado gordo y batallado con dietas.
Dragonflyconcepts
Jan 09, 2013 Dragonflyconcepts rated it it was amazing
This is the book that reignited my passion for nutrition and understanding what food does to my body....love it!
Dveith
Mar 17, 2012 Dveith added it
While the book is well written - I am not going to rate it until I see if it works. :) I'll be back!
Cecilia Burk Carter
Jul 26, 2009 Cecilia Burk Carter rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fic
Enlightening. My body type description was spot on.
Cecilia Burk Carter
Made so much sense.
Joan
Joan rated it liked it
Jul 20, 2016
Hissah .
Hissah . marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2016
Jaimy
Jaimy marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2016
RoseAnn Ehlers
RoseAnn Ehlers is currently reading it
Jun 05, 2016
Ashley Vautour
Ashley Vautour rated it really liked it
May 14, 2016
Paul Macy
Paul Macy marked it as to-read
May 05, 2016
Mandy L.J
Mandy L.J marked it as to-read
May 02, 2016
Anna Lake
Anna Lake marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2016
May
May rated it it was amazing
Apr 10, 2016
Angela
Angela rated it liked it
Apr 08, 2016
Marian Stansbury
Marian Stansbury is currently reading it
Apr 01, 2016
Maria Monti
Maria Monti rated it it was amazing
Mar 30, 2016
Julie Rose
Julie Rose rated it really liked it
Mar 19, 2016
Ryan Rhodes
Ryan Rhodes marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2016
Michel Corbeil
Michel Corbeil marked it as to-read
Feb 29, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Dangerous Grains
  • The Metabolic Typing Diet: Customize Your Diet To:  Free Yourself from Food Cravings:  Achieve Your Ideal Weight;  Enjoy High Energy and Robust Health;  Prevent and Reverse Disease
  • Caffeine Blues: Wake Up to the Hidden Dangers of America's #1 Drug
  • The Crazy Makers
  • Life Without Bread: How a Low-Carbohydrate Diet Can Save Your Life
  • Fats That Heal, Fats That Kill
  • The Fast Track Detox Diet
  • The World's Healthiest Foods: Essential Guide for the Healthiest Way of Eating
  • The Complete Book of Food Counts
  • Know Your Fats: The Complete Primer for Understanding the Nutrition of Fats
  • The Second Brain: A Groundbreaking New Understanding of Nervous Disorders of the Stomach and Intestine
  • Eat Fat, Lose Fat: The Healthy Alternative to Trans Fats
  • Eat Naked: Unprocessed, Unpolluted, and Undressed Eating for a Healthier, Sexier You
  • Our Stolen Future: Are We Threatening Our Fertility, Intelligence and Survival? A Scientific Detective Story
  • Sugar Blues
  • The Protein Power Lifeplan
  • Why Some Like It Hot: Food, Genes, and Cultural Diversity
  • The Edge Effect: Achieve Total Health and Longevity with the Balanced Brain Advantage