Start by marking “The Red Wing Sings” as Want to Read:
The Red Wing Sings

The Red Wing Sings

Will Anderson has chosen to live a simple life until the morning he wakes from a dream to discover that a nuclear nightmare has just begun. A madman has put in motion a witch's brew of events which catapults the current state of fear in America to new heights and leads to the US armed forces occupying Canada. Cut-off in Ontario, with 3,500 kilometres of occupied territory ...more
Published July 1st 2011 by FriesenPress

To ask other readers questions about The Red Wing Sings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Red Wing Sings

Lori
Mar 17, 2013 Lori rated it liked it

A very interesting premise. A Can Air plane crashes purposely into the Fermi nuclear plant. As a result America declares a war of sorts on Canada, demanding reparations by way of land and goods to make up for the destruction of American farmland etc.

A Canadian, Will Anderson, struggling to make his way from Essex County back to B.C. and his girlfriend, finds himself the leader of a Canadian resistance.

This book reminded me at first of The Last Canadian. It had that one-man-against-the-world feel
Wendy
I really enjoyed the local references. The premise was very interesting. When I read a book like this it makes me think of my ability to be self sufficient. The main character's path I found a little unbelievable but maybe that is just because of the fact that the book was plot driven more than character...... All In all a very good book.
Laura Ford
Laura Ford rated it it was amazing
Mar 20, 2013
Kaitlin Merrick
Kaitlin Merrick rated it did not like it
Jul 04, 2014
Tanya
Tanya rated it it was amazing
May 11, 2013
Deborah
5 pages in and I'm in its grip.
Wendy
Wendy added it
May 26, 2012
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
May 08, 2012
Mike
Mike marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2012
Gill Dabbs
Gill Dabbs marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2012
Wayne Cain
Wayne Cain is currently reading it
Oct 21, 2012
KT
KT is currently reading it
Jan 03, 2014
5202518
Tom Omstead is a descendant of a United Empire Loyalist who resettled in Canada. Omstead has been given the spirit name ‘O-ka-reeeee’ in a traditional native ceremony. O-ka-reeeee is the phonetic spelling of what the red-winged blackbird sings.

Tom was born in 1960, one of seven independently minded children. He grew up in the Village of Wheatley, ON, Canada, where if daydreaming had been an eleme
More about Tom Omstead...