Start by marking “Striker Jones: Elementary Economics for Elementary Detectives” as Want to Read:
Striker Jones: Elementary Economics for Elementary Detectives
Read eBook

Striker Jones: Elementary Economics for Elementary Detectives

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  17 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Striker Jones is a resourceful boy who can't help but be drawn into mysteries! Along with his friends Bill, Sheila, and Amy, Striker must use his wits to solve the many intriguing puzzles - and even crimes - that come his way. Unlike most boys, however, he draws upon his knowledge of basic economics to solve each mystery.

This funny, classic kids detective novel will teach
Paperback, Second Edition, 120 pages
Published March 29th 2011 by Createspace (first published March 10th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Striker Jones, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Striker Jones

Alisha Painter
Striker Jones is a detective. He shares a short story followed by a solution. This is a great addition to a an economics lesson, in fact, I'm using it for my third graders lesson. Each short story is different and features a different scenario you try to solve. In one, the solution is about bartering (trading), in another, it's about supply in demand. The author uses short scenarios that students could relate to; for example, the story about trading is about a baseball card. Vocabulary is approp ...more
Michael Schleicher
Sep 24, 2011 Michael Schleicher is currently reading it
After reading the eBook preview of Striker Jones: Elementary Economics for Elementary Detectives by Maggie Larche, I am quite interested in reading the rest of the book. As an elementary school teacher, I believe exposure to academic content through literature is an essential component to any child's education. However, whenever I evaluate books for my classroom library, I like to justify whether or not they meet the same standards I hold my students accountable for when they write. When evalua ...more
Laurie Cockerell
Fun, fun stories that introduce kids to economic principles. I read this book and the follow up book (Striker Jones and the Midnight Archer) with my third graders. The author knows kids and how to present these concepts in a fashion that is interesting AND understandable. They talked about the stories with their dad that night, and were able to apply the principles they learned to real-life situations. My boys wanted to read this book twice!
Laurie Cockerell
Caitlin
Young fans of Encyclopedia Brown or Cam Jansen will enjoy Striker Jones. Each short chapter is its own mystery, followed by a solution--perfect for inquisitive readers with short attention spans. What sets Striker apart is that the solution to each mystery involves an economic principle, so kids get to practice their critical thinking skills and pick up some economic knowledge along the way.
Brenda
It is one of those books where you read it and then try to solve the mysteries. Since it is for elementary kids, I think the worst crime is someone stole money for the charity. It was pretty good little escape. I don't understand the title thou. Elementary economics... I didn't read any thing in this book that pointed toward economics.
Courtney
fun riddles, good book but not amazing
Susan
Mar 25, 2012 Susan added it
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
Shelly Kordish
Shelly Kordish marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2015
Keicha
Keicha marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
Mary Ann
Mary Ann marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
Emmylou Hocog
Emmylou Hocog marked it as to-read
May 05, 2014
Niria
Niria added it
Apr 14, 2014
Tonya
Tonya added it
Apr 07, 2014
Christy Moe
Christy Moe marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2014
Holly Dobbs
Holly Dobbs is currently reading it
Mar 10, 2014
Debbie Ballard
Debbie Ballard marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2013
T.m.sterling
T.m.sterling marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Maggie M. Larche thinks economics is more fun than jumping on a trampoline while eating cotton candy. Combining a masters degree in Social Sciences from the University of Chicago with years of working with elementary students, she brings the joy of economics to the next generation.

A native Floridian, she currently lives in Daphne, Alabama, with her husband and kids. Striker Jones was born from her
More about Maggie M. Larche...
Striker Jones and the Midnight Archer (Striker Jones #2) Striker Jones Teacher's Companion Striker Jones and the Midnight Archer Teacher's Companion