Start by marking “The Jungle of Horrors (Lone Wolf, #8)” as Want to Read:
The Jungle of Horrors (Lone Wolf, #8)

The Jungle of Horrors (Lone Wolf #8)

While the gaming industry is steadily growing, role-playing adventure novels are among the biggest sellers. Since Lone Wolf games use no dice, no boards and no accessories, they are becomming even more popular with each issue.
Published December 1st 1987 by Berkley Publishing Group (first published 1987)

To ask other readers questions about The Jungle of Horrors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Jungle of Horrors

Tazio Bettin
Apr 07, 2016 Tazio Bettin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gamebooks
I remember this being one of my favorite books from the series and I confirm that I loved it. The Danarg, a swamp in the middle of a volcanic crater, is an unique setting with a rather cool atmosphere. I wish it lasted longer but alas it was a very quick read. Typical of the Lone Wolf book series unfortunately.
Some cool and memorable characters, like Paido the Vakeros warrior and Tadia the seer. And I liked the part before the Danarg, too. Reminded me of the city state of issue 6, which I loved.
Michael
Jun 08, 2012 Michael rated it liked it
This one was near impossible on the Hardcore settings of the gamebook player at http://www.projectaon.org/staff/eric/. I thought I was going to have to give it up, but I finally found a way around. Wow! All books in the series free and online in a game-book player here: www.projectaon.org
Death Count:
Book 6: Died 4 times
Book 7: Died 3 times
Book 8: Died 21 times
Alessandro Concas
Oct 19, 2015 Alessandro Concas rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
avvincente avventura di lupo solitario, che affronta il suo viaggio stavolta, insieme ad un mago di nome Paido. il fatto che lupo solitario non sia più solitario in quest' avventura, aggiungere freschezza ai vari libri precedenti. Il viaggio si rivela ricco di insidie, trappole, personaggi interessanti, e tantissime nuove creature di cui non si era mai sentito parlare prima. L'assenza di un importante nemico finale delude un po', ma è bello che la storia finisce con un'interessante cliffhanger
John Ayliff
This one annoyed me because it more-or-less requires out-of-book knowledge to make the correct choices, which breaks the immersion for me. Part way through the book there are a couple of seemingly sensible choice that will get you killed instantly or lead to an almost unwinnable combat, and there's no way to know not to pick them unless you've played the book before and know where they lead.
David
Oct 08, 2009 David rated it liked it
A good continuation of the Lone Wolf story. I have mixed feelings about this one. On the one hand, I like the early part that deals with traversing the swamp and wished it had been longer. The latter parts in the dungeons, there wasn't exactly anything that I would say interesting, although there were a few nice surprises.
Carmine
Caposaldo della mia infanzia.
In questo capitolo l'ultimo dei Ramas si deve muovere in un ambiente molto pericoloso, nella quale la morte è sempre dietro l'angolo.
L'attività del libro game l'ho sempre ritenuta molto simpatica, ma attualmente i videogiochi hanno soppiantato questo tipo di esperienze.
Proporre, ai giorni nostri, un libro game condurrebbe al flop totale .
Roger
Oct 12, 2008 Roger marked it as will-probably-never-read
this is interesting. a RPG style novella. part of the Lone Wolf series?

looks like Choose your Own Adventure combined with Dungeons and Dragons

checking Wikipedia, it looks like there's a whole series of gamebooks. cool.
Shaun
Jul 20, 2010 Shaun rated it it was ok
This was my least favorite of the series. It is also the one that took the least amount of time to finish.
Etienne02breton
Jan 20, 2015 Etienne02breton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Une bonne histoire, de l'action, une fin originale, mais il manque un petit quelque chose pour rendre cette aventure vraiment spectaculaire.
Jan Novotný
Jan Novotný rated it really liked it
Sep 01, 2011
Thk
Thk rated it really liked it
Jul 28, 2011
Ryan
Ryan rated it it was amazing
Sep 27, 2016
Dennis G
Dennis G rated it it was amazing
Nov 04, 2010
Jonas K
Jonas K rated it really liked it
Apr 23, 2015
Gus
Gus rated it really liked it
May 12, 2016
Aubrey
Aubrey rated it it was amazing
Dec 16, 2011
Henry
Henry rated it liked it
Oct 15, 2016
Mark
Mark rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2012
Karl
Karl rated it it was ok
Sep 13, 2013
Marco Baier
Marco Baier rated it it was amazing
Feb 08, 2014
Zombiehavok
Zombiehavok rated it it was amazing
Feb 23, 2013
Ippino
Ippino rated it really liked it
Jan 27, 2014
Fifa51
Fifa51 rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2015
Moises
Moises rated it it was ok
May 14, 2012
Jason
Jason rated it really liked it
Aug 28, 2007
Luke
Luke rated it liked it
Sep 24, 2013
Gary Van Horn
Gary Van Horn rated it liked it
May 12, 2016
  • Grey Star the Wizard (The World of Lone Wolf, #1)
  • The Shamutanti Hills (Fighting Fantasy: Sorcery!, #1)
  • Wolf's Bane (Wolfwalker, #5)
  • Search for Dinosaurs (Time Machine, #2)
  • Rebel Planet (Fighting Fantasy, #18)
  • Ocean of Lard
  • Forgotten Realms Atlas, The (Advanced Dungeons & Dragons 2nd Edition, Stock #8442)
  • Dungeons and Dragons Rules Cyclopedia
  • The Shattered Sphere (The Hunted Earth, #2)
  • Dungeon of Dread (Endless Quest, #1)
  • Sword of the Samurai (Fighting Fantasy, Reissues 1, #25)
  • Darksword Adventures
  • Temple of Terror (Fighting Fantasy: Reissues 1, #19)
  • Dungeons & Dragons for Dummies
  • Demons of the Deep (Fighting Fantasy, #19)
  • Manual of the Planes
  • Monster Manual II (Advanced Dungeons & Dragons 1st Edition, Stock #2016)
Joe Dever was an award-winning British fantasist and game designer. Originally a musician, Dever became the first British winner of the Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Championship of America in 1982.

He created the fictional world of Magnamund as a setting for his Dungeons & Dragons campaigns. In 1984 he released the first book of the Lone Wolf series of young-adult gamebooks, and the series h
More about Joe Dever...

Lone Wolf (1 - 10 of 29 books)
  • Flight from the Dark (Lone Wolf, #1)
  • Fire on the Water (Lone Wolf, #2)
  • The Caverns of Kalte (Lone Wolf, #3)
  • The Chasm Of Doom (Lone Wolf, #4)
  • Shadow on the Sand (Lone Wolf, #5)
  • The Kingdoms of Terror (Lone Wolf, #6)
  • Castle Death (Lone Wolf, #7)
  • The Cauldron of Fear (Lone Wolf, #9)
  • The Dungeons of Torgar (Lone Wolf, #10)
  • The Prisoners of Time (Lone Wolf, #11)