The Hand of Fate (a Jukebox Heroes novella)

The Hand of Fate (Jukebox Heroes)

3.36 of 5 stars 3.36  ·  rating details  ·  92 ratings  ·  15 reviews
With her 30th birthday on the horizon and life handing her lemon after lemon, Dylan Connelly wants nothing more than to get away from it all for a few days. With her best friend and co-conspirator at her side, she embarks on a week-long cruise, intending to sit back, relax, soak up the sun and a few daiquiris, and just get away from the disaster her life has become. The la...more
Published by Lone Star BookWorks (first published July 31st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Hand of Fate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Hand of Fate

Water for Elephants by Sara GruenHarry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingBridget Jones's Diary by Helen FieldingThe Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey NiffeneggerThe Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
Light but not (too) dumb
293rd out of 704 books — 687 voters
Just Listen by Sarah DessenIf I Stay by Gayle FormanThis Lullaby by Sarah DessenNick & Norah's Infinite Playlist by Rachel CohnWhere She Went by Gayle Forman
Fiction Involving Music
210th out of 498 books — 740 voters

More lists with this book...

Erika
The Hand of Fate is a cute little romance that takes place aboard a cruise ship. Dylan, the main character in the story and her best friend Elizabeth, or Em, as she sometimes goes by, meet and fall in love with two guys who happen to be rock stars. Of course they don't know this when the story starts and both struggle with the idea of a rock star for a boyfriend and the kind of lifestyle that goes along with that.

I would call this one a 'slice of life' because there is really nothing too dramati...more
The Hand of Fate was a very good short book. The main characters Dylan, Em, Brian, and Seth were great and I loved them right away. The book is short enough and so entertaining that you can read it in just one sitting. This is such a wonderful love story that keeps you hoping that it works out. I am glad that this is a series, because you just want to read more about the characters and how they will grow. I received a complimentary copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.
Heather Slane
This was a great read. Funny, snarky and, poignant. The perfect combination of an easy read with true emotion. I read it in one sitting, couldn't put it down. I finished it a couple of hours ago and am starting the next book in the group now. I can't wait to see what happens to Dylan and Elizabeth next!
Luci O
Quick, fun and free.
What else can you want for a fast morning read.
It was sweet and never dragged.
Definitely makes me want to consider reading book 2, even though reviews label it as being somewhat paranormal...
P.A.
Mildly short but very enjoyable. As all the characters find out, no matter how much someone tries to crush you, fate will intervene, pick you up and send you on the path you belong on.
Cathy
Two girls meet two guys on a cruise. Lots of romance. (Very little sex.) Good story.
Tracy
This is the third book in the series that I have read I love them! Can't wait to start the next one!
Erica
I feel the story was truncated. I wish that it either had an epilogue or that the subsequent books in the series would have stayed in the same genre. I liked this non-pnr, contemporary romance book, but will not read its paranormal sequels. Consequently, I will never see these characters fully developed. I just wish the author would have stayed in one genre or the other. Oh well!

(I realize I'm in the minority, but I don't do paranormal/psychic/fantasy/vampires/werewolves/yada yada yada.)
Tara Jo
It had potential, and I finished it because i really wanted to see where it went, but really didn't get into it all that much. While I see there are others in the series, I don't plan to read them. The writing just didn't flow for me and I had a hard time reading it. There was too much "We did this...and then we did that....and afterwards we did this...."

Nice short read, but glad it was free.
Amanda
Too short. Never got to fully see the characters develop and the rest of the series doesn't follow these characters. I was hoping for a good series read. :(
Jen_C
Some great witty dialogue but I got bored. Like reading a 13-year-old's travel diary. TMI about every thought & decision of what to do and what to eat.
Susan
This starts out slow but grabs you and keeps you hooked by the end. You want to quickly read the second book in the series! I loved it!
Marisa Valle
There was nothing really wrong here but the story just fell a little flat.
Lindsey
Amazon (ebook) freebie 1/28/13
Lindsay
Nov 12, 2012 Lindsay marked it as kindle-i-own-to-read  ·  review of another edition
Amazon Freebie 11/12/2012
Alanna Fowler
Alanna Fowler marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Lk Moore
Lk Moore marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Sheri
Sheri marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Christie
Christie marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Misty
Misty added it
Jul 26, 2014
Tracy Charlton
Tracy Charlton marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Amy Salitsky
Amy Salitsky marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Lisa Chute day
Lisa Chute day marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Regina Butler
Regina Butler marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Leah
Leah marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Paulette Ransom
Paulette Ransom marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
  • The Hollow Heart (The Heartfelt Series, #1)
  • Fatty Patty (A James Bay Novel, #1)
  • One Too Many Men
  • Close Your Eyes
  • The Rock Star Next Door
  • Undercover Heat
  • Santa Wore Combat Boots
  • Save Me (Me, #2)
  • Oceans Between Us (A Cinderella Romance)
  • Raspberry Crush
  • Iced Romance
  • Catch Me a Catch
  • Some Day Somebody (La Fleur de Love, #1)
  • Blue Christmas (Moody Blue, #1)
  • Where She Belongs (Destiny Falls, #1)
  • It's In His Kiss
  • The Distant Shore (Stone, #1)
  • A Little Bit of Déjà Vu (Return to Redemption, #1)
5199688
LB Clark is the author of the rock and roll inspired Jukebox Heroes paranormal romance series. She is also a college student in a small East Texas town who dreams of one day combining her three big loves - travel, music, and writing - into one awesome career.
More about L.B. Clark...
Call Out (Jukebox Heroes, # 1) Everything You Are (Jukebox Heroes, #2) Smoke and Mirrors (Hollywood Knights, #1) Music Speaks Storm (Jukebox Heroes, #3)