Start by marking “Fantastic Orgy” as Want to Read:
Fantastic Orgy

Fantastic Orgy

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  151 ratings  ·  26 reviews
Shark women, mutant cats, and strange sexually transmitted diseases.

Over the past few decades, sexually transmitted diseases have evolved in unusual ways. Herpes, AIDS, Gonorrhea; these are all STDs of the past. These days, sexually transmitted diseases are more extreme and bizarre. Not exactly diseases anymore, they are more like sexually transmitted body modifications.
Published September 1st 2011 by Eraserhead Press

To ask other readers questions about Fantastic Orgy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fantastic Orgy

Vacation by Jeremy C. ShippJohn Dies at the End by David WongHELP!  A Bear is Eating Me! by Mykle HansenApeshit by Carlton Mellick IIISatan Burger by Carlton Mellick III
Bizarro
172nd out of 236 books — 177 voters

More lists with this book...

Scott Emerson
Carlton Mellick III has been hailed as one of the brightest, bizarrest talents in the field of weird lit. His latest collection, FANTASTIC ORGY, is a fine example of his strengths, five stories that blend visceral thrills, erotica, social satire, and vicious wit into a thoroughly unique vision.

In the title story, the collection's centerpiece, mutants meet at an exclusive swingers' club to trade fashionable, functional STDs (I'll not spoil the fun in discovering just what that entails) until a st
FabulousRaye
Like the chick on the cover, I too have crazy hair that objects get all tangled up in. Her hair is more awesome, because it's a STM and actually tentacles!

* If STD's did modify one's body in weird and sometimes super-hero ways, people would totally have unprotected, fantastic orgies all the time.

* Did you know that mutated Ear, Muscle, and Gentlemen cats from a Kitty of the Month club are excellent therapy? They'll help cure your hoarding urges and agoraphobia!

* It's been about 12 years since I
Justin
I was a little disappointed that the feature story wasn't longer but it was a great story, as where the four others in this collection of five short stories. I am still fairly new to this author, this was my second title of his I have read and enjoyed. I think my favorite part is the author commentary at the end where he is trying to explain what was going on in his brain when he wrote these stories, it is pretty funny so be sure not to skip it. There really isn't much I can say about these shor ...more
Justin
This is one of the funnest and most mesmerizing collections I’ve ever read.

Here’s a quick break down of what you’ll find inside:

CANDY-COATED is about an alpha male that has a lollipop for a head. He desperately tries to pick up chicks but it’s tough when bearded truckers keep licking your head. Included in this story are fine cheeses and hilarity.

EAR CAT takes place in a world where everybody is agoraphobic. People no longer leave their homes or socialize. This really isn’t too farfetched from w
Keith
So this is the first official Bizarro Fiction I've ever read, and I think I really liked it. Sometimes I can't really tell if Mellick writes really loose and a little casually as a stylistic choice, or simply as the result of writing like ten books a year, but he's really got a knack for pulling a narrative together. And oddly enough, for all the anarchy and amorality associated with bizarro, the code of conduct being preached on here is pretty front-and-center. Sure, there's a guy with a lollip ...more
Michael Kelly
A collection of five very ... unusual ... short stories.

Each story takes a truly weird idea and runs with it, asking "what would happen if this was real?" For example, "What would happen if a buff man trying to pick up girls had a lollipop for a head?", or "What would happen if STDs were collectible body modifications?"

Having established their ludicrous premise, the stories are then written 'straight', with no deliberate gags. They're hilarious, of course, but they're funny because they're treat
Sheldon
What if sexually transmitted diseases suddenly mutated to give people extreme body modifications that are essentially super powers? This is the premise of Fantastic Orgy, the titular story (huh huh, I said “titular”) in this short short story collection by Carlton Mellick III.

Among these stories are a buff guy with a lollipop for a head trying to pick up women, a bunch of weird looking cats in a world plagued by agoraphobia, punk band roommates in a city overrun with hobgoblins (more on this lat
Craig
As the title would suggest, there's a fair amount of sex within this book. As a book of short stories, the stories range and vary in weirdness, but all are entertaining.

The first story, Candy-Coated, is about the struggles of an overly buff guy with a lollipop for a head and how difficult it is to get laid with a candy head.

Next is Ear Cat, about a shut-in who is sent a cat with ears covering its body instead of fur. It leaks earwax all over the house and constantly listens to everything. Person
Brett Robinson
"Mark," the director screams, "go fuck that shark in the ass!"
As the rabid fuck-mutants charged me, I felt long tentacle-like hands reaching out for them. It was my hair.
Aaron Mcquiston
If you know anything about the bizzaro genre or have paid any attention to prolific writers or give a shit about reading at all, the name Carlton Mellick III pops up. "Fantastic Orgy" is a group of five stories. They are funny. They are absurd. And some of them have heart. "Ear Cat" really is about an agoraphobic woman who gets a cat every month through mail order. The cats start to scare her, but in the end, the cats become a blessing. The real weird and bizarre runs throughout all of these sto ...more
breanna beaumont
honestly, all of my mellick reviews are more or less the same thing: his world building skills are second-to-none, he pays close attention to the diversity of his cast without making it feel like an afterschool special, and all of his characters seem to pop right out at you, even tiny, irrelevant background characters. i love his books, i love his girls. i love him. there you go.
Brian Tasler
While most of CM3's work are novella length Fantastic Orgy represents the rare occasion where we get a taste of his short stories. 5 of them are collected here including the title story.

Mellick is the purest form of bizarro in that his stories are always over the top and entertaining as hell.

"Candy Coated" is my personal favorite of these and was the original story I had read in the online version of Vice Magazine. If you have the chance to access the link to this story there is an awesome aud
Titas (Emperor)
The book is enjoyable. But not my kinda game so I shouldn't have done it! The name of the book is enough to warn you for the contents but still I took a dive with crossed fingers. Actually it is fantastic for passing time and that's all. Didn't really left a mark or anything. And the more I read, I got to know that this belongs to some genre called Bizzaro genre which was unknown to me. Although it was fun and enjoyable, it never really grabbed me sadly!
Anyone can it a try to surprise him/hersel
Devi
This is a wonderful little collection of Carlton Mellick III's short stories. He's an author I always find engaging and entertaining. This book is no exception. Weird and interesting and just a bit twisted and thoroughly enjoyable. Bonus: If you're looking for multiple references to shark/human sex, this is the book for you.

And might I add, very good editing for a Bizarro book.
Luigi Rosario
Actually 4.3
Not as high as Haunted Vag. but thoroughly exciting. Deep. And unpredictable turns of events.
(Also appreciated the Cameo of Haunted Vag. characters and Lollipop head man in Fantastic Orgy)
Derek
Hilarious social satire and a quick read. "Ear Cat" was definitely my most favorite of the short stories. I also enjoyed the small author's notes section at the back. Easily one of the best works from CM3.
Rodney
This one was entertaining from start to finish. Each one of the stories within were rich with twisted humor and oddity of the best quality. I highly recommend it. I will leave it at that.
Chelsea
This is another hilarious book. I love reading bizarro stories. This book is a compilation of 4 short stories. All of them strange and gross and everything I love lol. If you want a good laugh read this book.
Kathleen Lazaro
bizarre collection of stories. its appealing to someone who has a playful imagination. :))
Kate
This is a great collection of bizarro short stories. I've read a few of Mellick's books now and have yet to be disappointed with them, this one is no exception.

The title story forms the main part of the read, whilst it's a good one it's not my favourite. 'Ear Cat' was my favourite, themes of isolation were explored really well and I think this is a story that a lot of people could relate to. For me it was beautifully written and the stand out of the collection.

The authors notes at the end are a
Janey Javier
Hurray for the New Humans! Lol :)))
Ame
Nov 04, 2011 Ame rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: bizarro
Carlton Mellick III really does something to my senses. He has a way of tantalizing a person with the idea of a buff fella with a lollipop head, but then he gets that guy to a cheese tasting. This whacky combo of tropical flavored cranium tasting exotic cheeses confuses my tongue but tickles my mind. If someone were to design STDs or a kitty-of-the-month, he would be my ideal man for the job every time. This book is short, fun and freaking crazy.
Stephanie
I loved this collection of short stories. Particularly "Fantastic Orgy" for which the anthology is named and "Ear Cat."
Kim Peek
Kim Peek marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
BL Dufflecoat
BL Dufflecoat marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
  • Rico Slade Will Fucking Kill You
  • Starfish Girl
  • Muscle Memory
  • Shatnerquake
  • The Bizarro Starter Kit (Purple)
  • The Emerald Burrito of Oz
  • Rock And Roll Reform School Zombies
  • The Cannibal's Guide to Ethical Living
  • Clown Tear Junkies
  • Motherfucking Sharks
Carlton Mellick III (July 2, 1977, Phoenix, Arizona) is an American author currently residing in Portland, Oregon. He calls his style of writing "avant-punk," and is currently one of the leading authors in the recent 'Bizarro' movement in underground literature[citation needed] with Steve Aylett, Chris Genoa and D. Harlan Wilson.

Mellick's work has been described as a combination of trashy schlock
More about Carlton Mellick III...
Satan Burger The Haunted Vagina Apeshit  The Baby Jesus Butt Plug The Cannibals of Candyland