Start by marking “The Quirky, Nerdy, and Entirely Original Elementary School Adventures of Derpy Dirk: Derpy Dirk and the Fight With the School Bully By the Flagpole At Lunch -- a Derp Sandwich chapter book” as Want to Read:

Nook, 0 pages
Published June 23rd 2011 by Derp Sandwich, via Smashwords

Be the first to ask a question about The Quirky, Nerdy, and Entirely Original Elementary School Adventures of Derpy Dirk

Cate
Okay, two things I want to say right up front is this little short had me laughing out loud as I read it in bed, much to the chagrin of Hubby who was trying to sleep, and secondly I want to repeat what the author has tried to drill in to the unsuspecting readers head:

THIS BOOK IS NOT FOR CHILDREN!

If you are looking for a book that is ‘politically correct; give this one a miss. If you are looking for a book that has all its grammatical and spelling ducks in a row; give it a miss. This book is pu
Josh Miller
Nov 08, 2011 Josh Miller added it
Shelves: 2011-reads
So this is basically a parody of middle school books like Diaries of a Wimpy Kid or Superfudge. it is actually fairly well written but it's a little too blatant and over the top with it's parody at times. It certainly hits on the way this type of book tends to feel somewhat disjointed in it's chapters and tends to go into extraneoud pointless details concerning points relevant to neither plot or atmosphere.
Grampy
May 31, 2013 Grampy rated it really liked it
Okay, right up front I want to repeat what the author has tried to emphasize: THIS BOOK IS NOT FOR CHILDREN! No. Quite the contrary, if you let your children read this book you could be in danger of having Child Protective Services come and remove them from your home. This book also is not for all adults. If you are concerned about remaining "politically correct" at all times, you really should not read this book. If you have high blood pressure, you probably should not read this book... unless ...more
Emilie E. Faye
May 23, 2013 Emilie E. Faye rated it it was ok
This book really caught me off guard and would have been a 4-star book if the overuse of adjectives had been under control. I found it to be pretty funny if you can take it for what it is, a book about how every quirky young boy probably envisions their middle school experience when they aren't yet matured.
Jaeseabean
Oct 27, 2013 Jaeseabean rated it it was ok
As one who's read Sarah Silverman & ALL Tucker Max books I find this book seriously underwhelming. It's alright to occupy time when waiting for the bus or train, funny at times but not something that I would consider outrageously funny per one comment I read. It is merely okay.
Jennifer Hollister
My son had me read this book (he's 16). I actually thought it was comical, just not what you expect. I can't rate this book however...I'm still not sure what to think.
I guess it's not much worse than Charlie the unicorn or Rhett & Link...
Bailey
Oct 08, 2013 Bailey rated it liked it
This book is really funny. I was laughing though the entire story. What I found funny was all of the
nicknames that dirk would make up.
Instagram
Instagram rated it it was ok
Apr 02, 2015
Dylan
Dylan rated it really liked it
Oct 08, 2013
Carly Krewitsky
Carly Krewitsky rated it really liked it
Oct 05, 2013
Tristan.b
Tristan.b rated it it was amazing
Apr 30, 2013
Brie Linnehan
Brie Linnehan rated it it was ok
May 26, 2015
Noran
Noran rated it liked it
Apr 10, 2015
Zane
Zane rated it it was amazing
Sep 15, 2012
Becca
Sep 18, 2013 Becca rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jhfgj-hvjj
i thoghtbt rhygb this book was berry vgiid. it was a beaurbhfu storyv .
Ashley Gaskins
Ashley Gaskins rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2013
Jenny
Jenny rated it did not like it
Jun 18, 2014
Vanessa
Vanessa rated it did not like it
Jan 01, 2014
Gabi
Gabi rated it it was ok
May 19, 2016
Caryn
Caryn rated it liked it
Apr 24, 2016
Curtis O
Curtis O rated it it was amazing
Apr 30, 2013
Calvin Lazaro
Calvin Lazaro rated it really liked it
Oct 20, 2013
Vickilynn
Vickilynn rated it liked it
May 17, 2012
Matt
Matt rated it it was amazing
Dec 02, 2015
Chelcey
Chelcey rated it it was ok
Oct 14, 2013
Jaxon
Jaxon rated it did not like it
Nov 29, 2011
Kyle.b Barta
Kyle.b Barta marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2013
Wyvernsrose
Wyvernsrose marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2013
Shamsudheen Ayapally
Shamsudheen Ayapally marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2013
Jackson Hoy
Jackson Hoy marked it as to-read
May 21, 2013
Harrison King
Harrison King marked it as to-read
May 21, 2013
Tom
Tom marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2013
Olivia
Olivia marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2013
Daniel Wetta
Daniel Wetta marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2013
Drake
Drake marked it as to-read
Mason
Mason marked it as to-read
Dawson
Dawson marked it as to-read
Spiderman! (Simon)
Spiderman! (Simon) marked it as to-read
Cole Knowlden
Cole Knowlden marked it as to-read
Angel
Angel marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2013
Rebecca Borras
Rebecca Borras is currently reading it
Feb 08, 2015
Cheyenne Carden
Cheyenne Carden marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2015
Mohanad
Mohanad marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2015
Cam'Ron
Cam'Ron is currently reading it
Dec 04, 2015
Jack Thomas lives in Northern California with his wife, Sandra. He has always been interested in writing fiction, but only began to truly pursue it in high school. Besides writing, he enjoys drawing comics and creating music.
More about Jack Thomas...