Start by marking “The Tycoon's Revenge (Baby for the Billionaire, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Tycoon's Revenge (Baby for the Billionaire, #1)

The Tycoon's Revenge (Baby for the Billionaire #1)

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  13,042 ratings  ·  646 reviews
Jasmine Freeman’s world is about to tumble down around her and the one responsible for it is none other than her first love, Derek Titan. She hasn't seen him in ten years, and they are both going to learn the truth of what happened back then.

Jasmine grew up wealthy and oblivious to the destruction her father caused all around him. Derek was from the wrong side of the track
Kindle Edition, second edition, 217 pages
Published September 7th 2011 by Gossamer Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Tycoon's Revenge, please sign up.

Nira In Melody Anne's "The Tycoon's Revenge", Derek's son, Jacob, was 9yrs. old when he met him.
The Billionaire Wins the Game by Melody AnneMaid for the Billionaire by Ruth CardelloRise of the Billionaire by Ruth CardelloSeptember Again by Hunter S. JonesChasing Justice by Danielle Stewart
Summer List
7th out of 487 books — 474 voters
Chasing Justice by Danielle StewartCutting Ties by Danielle StewartGentling the Cowboy by Ruth CardelloMaid for the Billionaire by Ruth CardelloRise of the Billionaire by Ruth Cardello
Platypire Reviews' Top Books of October 2013
25th out of 293 books — 276 voters

More lists with this book...

Anja

AWWWWWW .....this book!

The Tycoon's Revenge is about DEREK & JASMINE. They're high school sweethearts and want to get married. Because of a big misunderstanding they both walk away from each other broken hearted.

10 years later DEREK is determined to get revenge on the one person he ever loved and who broke his heart.
But his revenge plans are being shattered when he discovers that he and JASMINE have a 9 year old son together.

This is for sure a very predictable story and really cheesy at
Pamela(AllHoney)
Poor boy meets rich girl and they fall in love. Lack of communication and an evil relative tear them apart. So poor boy becomes uber alpha rich male and plans on revenge. Meanwhile, girl has secret baby and ten years later...

Just didn't really work for me. It was okay but nothing exciting happens.
Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus

Free on Amazon today 05/10/12
Ok so it goes a little something like this..........
....................................................

Poor boy meets rich girl.
Fall instantly in love.
She looses her virginity to him.
He proposes.
Plan to run away together.
Supposed to meet the following day

--Miscommunication here--
They don't run away together...

10 years later

He is a GAZILLIONAIRE hellbent on bringing down her Father and her.
She is not the rich girl anyway

His plan to have his way with her and
Maggie
3.5 Stars!

Very sweet and short! Exactly what I was looking for.! My only Q is why all the D names??
☆~Stephanie ~☆
This was a very enjoyable book to finish in less then a day,sometimes I need a book that isn't to long or isn't to short and this one was perfect anything with a sexy billionaire in is fun to read.
Wanderlust
3.5 Stars
Cover & Title - 4 out of 5.
Favorite Character - Joshua

I am not a fan of second chance romances but i managed to really get into this book. I think the main reason for this was the chemistry between the leads. I have read many books with a similar plot (but not the exact same story-line) and i would say this is top 5 of out of the maybe 50 similar books which i have read. I liked both of the leads & i liked how everything sparked between them. I thought the sex scenes were HOT,
Blair
4 stars

I really liked this book. It was short and sweet.
Hbeebti
This was pretty good. In fact I love stories where the characters have a past together. Derek was bent on revenge and it started out pretty good but by 70% I just completely hated him. I get the whole misunderstandings and all but his personality got on my nerves. I thought he was a complete and utter jerk with no remorse until the the the very end. The storyline was nice and Jasmine and Jacob were great, even the cousin were great. Just didn't care for Derek.
♥~♥Geri ~ the Racy Lit Reader ♥~♥
I'm giving it 3 stars because I got it for free from Amazon.

Story-wise though, it was way, way, way too cheesy for me. Again, the BIG MISUNDERSTANDING played a very big part in the development of the story. I found myself yawning half-way through and then laughing because the heroine supposedly hated the hero but one touch from him and she's in a pile of sexual goo. LOL!

I can't complain too much though since it's free.
Jennifer Gallagher
Awesome start to this series..Could not put it down..This book will make you laugh.. and make you cry.. Again Melody Anne has written a wonderful book.. and of course all the characters are so realistic.. you too will fall in love with them... I would recommend this book if you are looking for a really fantastic great love story..
Clarke
The book held such promise but ended up being painful to read. The h was noting but a doormat. Everything was cookie cutter, unrealistic, and childish. The H was a vindictive sob.
Jamie~Book Boyfriend Ho♥
Cute.. very predictable but still cute. Good in between book.
Tia
The hero and heroine knew each other when they were teenagers. They were planning to run away together when without both of them knowing it, the heroines father put a stop to it. Many years have passed and they both blame each other. The hero wants revenge, in order to get it he does a hostile takeover of the heroines fathers company. The heroine is upset that she may be fired because she has a son to support, the hero's son from when they were teenagers and she gave him her virginity. When the ...more
Melissa Maxwell
Halah
God , it was a torture finishing this .

“If you’re my dad, then what did you say to my mom every night before you had to leave?”

A question asked by 9 year-old boy to a man he just found in his mother bed . And you know what was the answer ?

“Sweet dreams my princess, I will rescue you from the tower in the morning light,”

Really .
REALLY .
I'm not making this up .

Even though i finished the book but at that point i just give up , there were so many damn things that were just frustrating .

I do
Donie Deaton
No originality, no comparison to reality, juvenile in writing, reads like an inexperienced writer. Painful to read as everything is overly dramatic and the characters boringly predictable. I never stop reading a book but was unable to make it past the first 3 chapters.
Jill
this was a suprisingly good read. First read from this author too. I will be looking out for herin the future.
Kara Parks
This is a new author I have found
Malinda
2.5-3 stars

This was a decent story. I liked Jasmine and Derek to a point but had issues with both. The story is pretty much what you'd expect from the description and I liked the story but there were a number of plot holes and points that I needed to suspend disbelief about that brought the story down for me. This is the first story I've read by this author and based on this it's possible I might try more of her work in the future but it would have to be a good recommendation.

Jasmine is the hea
mizL
5 stars - read on 15.7.2015

LOOKIE AT THE DATE I DIDN'T REALISE I READ IT OVER A YEAR AGO *GASP* ON THE SAME MONTH, SADLY NOT THE SAME DATE HA!

I know you must be wondering what's with that all capital letters. Just wanna tell you that's how excited I am about The Tycoon's Revenge. Like I said before and I will say it again probably over and over in the future that I truly enjoyed the romance between Derek and Jasmine. I just had to reread because the thought of them kept popping in my mind it's l
Elena
3.5*

I really liked this novel, even though it had one of the common and most annoying "romance conflicts/mix-ups." Jasmine and Derek were childhood sweethearts and at 18 planned to run away together, which is when her father secretly interfered (because the boy was poor and not good enough for his rich daughter). Due to her father's meddling, when the time came to run away, both lovers thought it was the other one standing him/her up! Ten years go by and they meet again - now he is rich and she
Paula Legate
I loved this story. It was one of the best love story’s I have read in a while! I know my review cannot do this book any justice. This is a book that you just have to read. It left me with a smile. It is defiantly a feel good book!

Jasmine and Derek were high school sweet hearts. They had agreed to meet at a church and run away together to start their new life. Something happened, and caused them to go separate ways for 10 years.

Derek had grown up poor and hated the way Jasmine’s dad talked down
Tonileg
Another mistaken communication plot line. I would have liked to have more supporting roles flesh out this romance story, where are the neighbors that helped Jasmine raise her son as a single mother, her friends (I'm not counting the backstabbing mothers on the wrestling team) and Derek's father and cousins? We only see fleeting glimpses of these people, half a page at best. I also can't believe that this couple didn't see each other for ten years... really?!... no one googled each other? I googl ...more
Mo_Better
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
It's not a classic or a book you keep forever or one that you pass around to all your friends, but this was a reaal good book that I read from beginning to end in one sitting. I was captured.

This was a fast paced great contemporary romane that deserves a 5 star rating in it's contemporary category. The writing was good. There was follow through. The story was good. the feelings of the characters were gripping & there was a sweet HEA even though it was unexpected how that would play out.

I did
Shannon (Once Upon a Twilight)
You know, I feel like I have to apologise for this 1 star review. I hate giving them out, but this book needed it. I mean no disrespect.

I'm just going to write in points what my problems where.

1. Cliche, anyone? I feel I've read this plot a million time before. There wasn't any originality here.
2.I felt like the start was rushed.
3. The character development... was there any? Yeah, they make up and whatnot, but I feel like we seen no development. Just a choppy, jagged attempt.
4. Unrealistic.
5. No
Lynn
Jan 25, 2013 Lynn added it
Shelves: not-my-thing
First half of book you have a big misunderstanding from the past that is causing animosity b/n the eventual romantic pairing. This led to lots of anger and mistreatment by the guy to the girl but then their "traitorous bodies" would have them fall into the sack. Some people love that sort of thing but it isn't for me. Second half of book you have guy discover the secret love child from between in the past and the dealings with that and the characters realizing they are still in love. These two n ...more
Caroline
Lovetoread
I really enjoyed The Tycoon's Revenge by Melody Anne. This was the first novel I purchased by this author and was delighted that I found another good author for romance reads.

The story is about Jasmine Freeman, a single mom of a ten year old boy. She works very hard to make a good and safe home for her son, who she had as a teenager. She also looks at her son's face and is reminded of the heartache of his father walking away from their love so many years before. Her world is about to tumble dow
Marsha
(3.5 Stars)
If you are in the market for a light and easy romance novel"The Tycoon's Revenge" could just be the book for you. It is a quick read full of steamy hot passion.

Drew and Jasmine were madly in love when they were teenagers. This is the reason Jasmine gave up her virginity to Drew. However, Drew was from the wrong side of the tracks and Jasmine's was not about to allow her to sully his good name.

Ten years have passed and Drew never forgot hot Jasmine and her father betrayed her family. H
  • Maid for the Billionaire (Legacy Collection, #1)
  • Too Darn Hot
  • The Executive's Decision (Keller Family, #1)
  • Passionate Bid (Blue-Eyed Four, #1)
  • Maid in the USA (The Bad Boy Billionaires, #2)
  • Fresh Temptation (Barboza Brothers, #1)
  • The Boat Builder's Bed (Wicked in Wellington, #1)
  • The Teacher's Billionaire (The Sherbrookes of Newport #1)
  • The Tycoon's Seductive Revenge
  • Until You
  • Her Bad Boy Billionaire Lover
  • The Pink Rose: Secrets, Love and Betrayal (The Wilsons, #1)
  • Cross My Heart (Landry, #2)
  • Always (Sexy Suit Romance #1)
  • The Italian's Inexperienced Mistress (Ruthless)
  • Second Chance Romance (Up in Flames #1)
  • Forbidden Disclosure (A Billionaire in Disguise, #1)
  • The Billionaire's Baby Bargain (A is for Alpha, #2)
5192439
NYT and USA Today Best Selling Author Melody Anne has written the popular series, Billionaire Bachelors, Surrender, and Baby for the Billionaire. She also has a Young Adult Series; Midnight Fire, Midnight Moon and Midnight Storm - Rise of the Dark Angel.
As an aspiring author, she wrote for years, then published in 2011. Holding a Bachelor’s Degree in business, she loves to write about strong, powe
More about Melody Anne...

Baby for the Billionaire (5 books)
  • The Tycoon's Vacation (Baby for the Billionaire, #2)
  • The Tycoon's Proposal (Baby for the Billionaire, #3)
  • The Tycoon's Secret (Baby for the Billionaire, #4)
  • The Lost Tycoon (Baby for the Billionaire, #5)
The Billionaire Wins the Game (Billionaire Bachelors, #1) Surrender (Surrender, #1) Submit (Surrender, #2) The Billionaire's Dance (Billionaire Bachelors, #2) The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)

“Just remember that you're wrestling the next day, so if you eat too much junk food, you'll get sick at your meet and throw up all over your opponents.'

"That would be so cool!" he exclaimed.

Jasmine shook her head - sometimes boys just made no sense at all. Speaking to them was like talking in another language entirely.”
2 likes
“Though David knew his company was in trouble, the hostile takeover had to have blindsided him. Derek couldn’t help but gloat that David had walked into his former offices today only to be met by Derek’s security. Oh, yes, Derek been tempted to be there, to be sitting in the man’s former chair, just to see his reaction. He’d barely been able to stop himself, but he had plenty of time to wallow” 1 likes