Start by marking “The Tycoon's Revenge (Baby for the Billionaire, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Tycoon's Revenge (Baby for the Billionaire, #1)

The Tycoon's Revenge (Baby for the Billionaire #1)

3.87  ·  Rating Details  ·  15,649 Ratings  ·  764 Reviews
Jasmine Freeman’s world is about to tumble down around her and the one responsible for it is none other than her first love, Derek Titan. She hasn't seen him in ten years, and they are both going to learn the truth of what happened back then.

Jasmine grew up wealthy and oblivious to the destruction her father caused all around him. Derek was from the wrong side of the track
Kindle Edition, second edition, 217 pages
Published September 7th 2011 by Gossamer Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Tycoon's Revenge, please sign up.

Nira In Melody Anne's "The Tycoon's Revenge", Derek's son, Jacob, was 9yrs. old when he met him.
The Billionaire Wins the Game by Melody AnneMaid for the Billionaire by Ruth CardelloRise of the Billionaire by Ruth CardelloSeptember Again by Hunter S. JonesChasing Justice by Danielle Stewart
Summer List
7th out of 533 books — 492 voters
Chasing Justice by Danielle StewartCutting Ties by Danielle StewartGentling the Cowboy by Ruth CardelloMaid for the Billionaire by Ruth CardelloRise of the Billionaire by Ruth Cardello
Platypire Reviews' Top Books of October 2013
24th out of 292 books — 275 voters

More lists with this book...

Anja
Jan 25, 2015 Anja rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie, series

AWWWWWW .....this book!

The Tycoon's Revenge is about DEREK & JASMINE. They're high school sweethearts and want to get married. Because of a big misunderstanding they both walk away from each other broken hearted.

10 years later DEREK is determined to get revenge on the one person he ever loved and who broke his heart.
But his revenge plans are being shattered when he discovers that he and JASMINE have a 9 year old son together.

This is for sure a very predictable story and really cheesy at
Pamela(AllHoney)
Poor boy meets rich girl and they fall in love. Lack of communication and an evil relative tear them apart. So poor boy becomes uber alpha rich male and plans on revenge. Meanwhile, girl has secret baby and ten years later...

Just didn't really work for me. It was okay but nothing exciting happens.
Kellie Maddox-Ward
Nov 07, 2012 Kellie Maddox-Ward rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-freebies

Free on Amazon today 05/10/12
Ok so it goes a little something like this..........
....................................................

Poor boy meets rich girl.
Fall instantly in love.
She looses her virginity to him.
He proposes.
Plan to run away together.
Supposed to meet the following day

--Miscommunication here--
They don't run away together...

10 years later

He is a GAZILLIONAIRE hellbent on bringing down her Father and her.
She is not the rich girl anyway

His plan to have his way with her and
Maggie
Oct 19, 2014 Maggie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars!

Very sweet and short! Exactly what I was looking for.! My only Q is why all the D names??
♥~♥Geri ~ the Racy Lit Reader ♥~♥
I'm giving it 3 stars because I got it for free from Amazon.

Story-wise though, it was way, way, way too cheesy for me. Again, the BIG MISUNDERSTANDING played a very big part in the development of the story. I found myself yawning half-way through and then laughing because the heroine supposedly hated the hero but one touch from him and she's in a pile of sexual goo. LOL!

I can't complain too much though since it's free.
Blair
Jun 30, 2015 Blair rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars

I really liked this book. It was short and sweet.
Wanderlust
Oct 11, 2012 Wanderlust rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars
Cover & Title - 4 out of 5.
Favorite Character - Joshua

I am not a fan of second chance romances but i managed to really get into this book. I think the main reason for this was the chemistry between the leads. I have read many books with a similar plot (but not the exact same story-line) and i would say this is top 5 of out of the maybe 50 similar books which i have read. I liked both of the leads & i liked how everything sparked between them. I thought the sex scenes were HOT,
Halima

Make way for Derek. He is mean, lean and one hell of a masculine-swoon-worthy-alpha machine.

He holds the surname 'Titan'. Really? I mean, I don't know about you fellow readers but when I see such a surname gifted to a male lead within a romance, I develop an entirely creepy, smug like grin and sit back, anticipating a few stubborn, outrageous and indirectly romantic gestures.

As I read this last year, I'm trying to correctly recall the details of the novel. It was a light, sweet and entertainin
Melissa Maxwell
May 29, 2012 Melissa Maxwell rated it it was amazing
Tia
Jun 06, 2012 Tia rated it really liked it
The hero and heroine knew each other when they were teenagers. They were planning to run away together when without both of them knowing it, the heroines father put a stop to it. Many years have passed and they both blame each other. The hero wants revenge, in order to get it he does a hostile takeover of the heroines fathers company. The heroine is upset that she may be fired because she has a son to support, the hero's son from when they were teenagers and she gave him her virginity. When the ...more
Jenn
3.5 Teenage sweetheart stars
Love. Confusion. Betrayal. Anger. Hurt. Pain. Tears. A child. Revenge.

Eventually it will all come back to haunt you, making you feel like the lowest of lows for your want of revenge in cruel ways. Such is the life of a scorned love interest, right? However, I felt the way the initial betrayal happens that it could have felt more devious, cruel, and cold. It was a bit wonky at best. Making it feel not as believable as it could have been.

At one point in the story, I f
Hbeebti
Jan 01, 2013 Hbeebti rated it liked it
Shelves: freebies
This was pretty good. In fact I love stories where the characters have a past together. Derek was bent on revenge and it started out pretty good but by 70% I just completely hated him. I get the whole misunderstandings and all but his personality got on my nerves. I thought he was a complete and utter jerk with no remorse until the the the very end. The storyline was nice and Jasmine and Jacob were great, even the cousin were great. Just didn't care for Derek.
Jennifer Gallagher
Sep 13, 2013 Jennifer Gallagher rated it it was amazing
Awesome start to this series..Could not put it down..This book will make you laugh.. and make you cry.. Again Melody Anne has written a wonderful book.. and of course all the characters are so realistic.. you too will fall in love with them... I would recommend this book if you are looking for a really fantastic great love story..
Clarke
The book held such promise but ended up being painful to read. The h was noting but a doormat. Everything was cookie cutter, unrealistic, and childish. The H was a vindictive sob.
Halah
Mar 10, 2015 Halah rated it did not like it
God , it was a torture finishing this .

“If you’re my dad, then what did you say to my mom every night before you had to leave?”

A question asked by 9 year-old boy to a man he just found in his mother bed . And you know what was the answer ?

“Sweet dreams my princess, I will rescue you from the tower in the morning light,”

Really .
REALLY .
I'm not making this up .

Even though i finished the book but at that point i just give up , there were so many damn things that were just frustrating .

I do

HEA: (view spoiler)
Jamie
Sep 05, 2013 Jamie rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-freebie
Cute.. very predictable but still cute. Good in between book.
Lxo ♥
Jul 15, 2015 Lxo ♥ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cont-rom, 2015-reads
5 stars - read on 15.7.2015

LOOKIE AT THE DATE I DIDN'T REALISE I READ IT OVER A YEAR AGO *GASP* ON THE SAME MONTH, SADLY NOT THE SAME DATE HA!

I know you must be wondering what's with that all capital letters. Just wanna tell you that's how excited I am about The Tycoon's Revenge. Like I said before and I will say it again probably over and over in the future that I truly enjoyed the romance between Derek and Jasmine. I just had to reread because the thought of them kept popping in my mind it's l
Paula Legate
Oct 23, 2015 Paula Legate rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance-suspence
I loved this story. It was one of the best love story’s I have read in a while! I know my review cannot do this book any justice. This is a book that you just have to read. It left me with a smile. It is defiantly a feel good book!

Jasmine and Derek were high school sweet hearts. They had agreed to meet at a church and run away together to start their new life. Something happened, and caused them to go separate ways for 10 years.

Derek had grown up poor and hated the way Jasmine’s dad talked down
Donie Deaton
Nov 21, 2012 Donie Deaton rated it did not like it
No originality, no comparison to reality, juvenile in writing, reads like an inexperienced writer. Painful to read as everything is overly dramatic and the characters boringly predictable. I never stop reading a book but was unable to make it past the first 3 chapters.
Jill
Apr 01, 2012 Jill rated it liked it
this was a suprisingly good read. First read from this author too. I will be looking out for herin the future.
Kara Parks
Sep 26, 2011 Kara Parks rated it it was amazing
This is a new author I have found
Malinda
2.5-3 stars

This was a decent story. I liked Jasmine and Derek to a point but had issues with both. The story is pretty much what you'd expect from the description and I liked the story but there were a number of plot holes and points that I needed to suspend disbelief about that brought the story down for me. This is the first story I've read by this author and based on this it's possible I might try more of her work in the future but it would have to be a good recommendation.

Jasmine is the hea
Elena
Oct 10, 2012 Elena rated it really liked it
3.5*

I really liked this novel, even though it had one of the common and most annoying "romance conflicts/mix-ups." Jasmine and Derek were childhood sweethearts and at 18 planned to run away together, which is when her father secretly interfered (because the boy was poor and not good enough for his rich daughter). Due to her father's meddling, when the time came to run away, both lovers thought it was the other one standing him/her up! Ten years go by and they meet again - now he is rich and she
☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎
I really enjoyed this book. The story begins with childhood sweethearts, Jasmine and Derek, who plan to running away together but her father interferes with those plans. Things happen and rolls get reversed and both think things of each other but no one knows what really happened the night they were to meet up. Then ten years has passed before they see each other again but Derek has revenge on his mind, where Jasmine just wants to know what happened.
The story is really good and well written. Ca
Tonileg
Jan 04, 2012 Tonileg rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, kindle
Another mistaken communication plot line. I would have liked to have more supporting roles flesh out this romance story, where are the neighbors that helped Jasmine raise her son as a single mother, her friends (I'm not counting the backstabbing mothers on the wrestling team) and Derek's father and cousins? We only see fleeting glimpses of these people, half a page at best. I also can't believe that this couple didn't see each other for ten years... really?!... no one googled each other? I googl ...more
Mo_Better
Dec 04, 2014 Mo_Better rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
It's not a classic or a book you keep forever or one that you pass around to all your friends, but this was a reaal good book that I read from beginning to end in one sitting. I was captured.

This was a fast paced great contemporary romane that deserves a 5 star rating in it's contemporary category. The writing was good. There was follow through. The story was good. the feelings of the characters were gripping & there was a sweet HEA even though it was unexpected how that would play out.

I did
Shannon (Once Upon a Twilight)
You know, I feel like I have to apologise for this 1 star review. I hate giving them out, but this book needed it. I mean no disrespect.

I'm just going to write in points what my problems where.

1. Cliche, anyone? I feel I've read this plot a million time before. There wasn't any originality here.
2.I felt like the start was rushed.
3. The character development... was there any? Yeah, they make up and whatnot, but I feel like we seen no development. Just a choppy, jagged attempt.
4. Unrealistic.
5. No
Lynn
Jan 25, 2013 Lynn added it
Shelves: not-my-thing
First half of book you have a big misunderstanding from the past that is causing animosity b/n the eventual romantic pairing. This led to lots of anger and mistreatment by the guy to the girl but then their "traitorous bodies" would have them fall into the sack. Some people love that sort of thing but it isn't for me. Second half of book you have guy discover the secret love child from between in the past and the dealings with that and the characters realizing they are still in love. These two n ...more
  • The Tycoon's Seductive Revenge
  • Maid in the USA (The Bad Boy Billionaires, #2)
  • The Boat Builder's Bed (Wicked in Wellington, #1)
  • Passionate Bid (Blue-Eyed Four, #1)
  • Her Bad Boy Billionaire Lover
  • Fresh Temptation (Barboza Brothers, #1)
  • Too Darn Hot
  • The Teacher's Billionaire (The Sherbrookes of Newport, #1)
  • The Executive's Decision (Keller Family, #1)
  • Maid for the Billionaire (Legacy Collection, #1)
  • Shameless (Nashville Nights, #1)
  • Beauty and the Feast
  • Tempt Me
  • A Wedding Story
  • Worth the Scandal (Worth It, #1)
  • Hired by the Cowboy (Windover Ranch #1)
  • Secret Santa (Bluegrass Brothers, #2.5)
  • Delinquent Daddy (Banks / Kincaid Family, #2)
5192439
Melody Anne is a NYT best selling author of the popular series: Billionaire Bachelors, Surrender, Baby for the Billionaire, Unexpected Hero's, Billionaire Aviators, and some solo titles. I have a Young Adult Series; Rise of the Dark Angel.

As an aspiring author, I wrote for years, then published in 2011, finding my true calling, and a love of writing. Holding a Bachelor's Degree in business, I lov
More about Melody Anne...

Baby for the Billionaire (5 books)
  • The Tycoon's Vacation (Baby for the Billionaire, #2)
  • The Tycoon's Proposal (Baby for the Billionaire, #3)
  • The Tycoon's Secret (Baby for the Billionaire, #4)
  • The Lost Tycoon (Baby for the Billionaire, #5)

“Just remember that you're wrestling the next day, so if you eat too much junk food, you'll get sick at your meet and throw up all over your opponents.'

"That would be so cool!" he exclaimed.

Jasmine shook her head - sometimes boys just made no sense at all. Speaking to them was like talking in another language entirely.”
2 likes
“Though David knew his company was in trouble, the hostile takeover had to have blindsided him. Derek couldn’t help but gloat that David had walked into his former offices today only to be met by Derek’s security. Oh, yes, Derek been tempted to be there, to be sitting in the man’s former chair, just to see his reaction. He’d barely been able to stop himself, but he had plenty of time to wallow” 1 likes