Start by marking “The Legend of Adam Caine (Adam Caine #1)” as Want to Read:
The Legend of Adam Caine (Adam Caine #1)
Read Excerpt

The Legend of Adam Caine (Adam Caine #1)

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  23 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Summer 2006: 42 people are snatched from the London Underground in a blinding flash of light. They are unsure where they have been taken, or who has taken them. They are in mortal peril, but there is one among them who can break them free: Adam Caine, a reluctant war hero.

After escaping, Caine is dragged again and again into conflict after conflict. As the violence escalat
Published August 27th 2010 by Authorhouse

To ask other readers questions about The Legend of Adam Caine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Legend of Adam Caine

Alien Species Intervention Books 1-3 by J.K. AccinniBaby by J.K. AccinniDaimones by Massimo MarinoThe War of the Worlds by H.G. WellsRendezvous with Rama by Arthur C. Clarke
Aliens First Contact
20th out of 118 books — 175 voters
The Legend of Adam Caine by John Charles ScottRecon One-Five by John Charles ScottGhosts of Earth by John Charles ScottThe Lament of Reverend Bishop by John Charles ScottThe Phoenix Incident by John Charles Scott
My actual books....
1st out of 8 books — 1 voter

More lists with this book...

Jane

This has got to be the hardest book I have read in a long time. Not because it’s a bad book or a poorly written story. The problem with it for me was the complicated plot and the heavy sci-fi content.

I found it hard to follow, (I’m never good with anything that includes time travel) and it has taken me weeks to read, with lots of breaks to give my brain a rest. (which probably added to my confusion) On top of that it is an enormous book, I’ve read full series’ with less pages!

Attention to detai
Adam
I bumped into the author online and found his book going free after his online series http://shavenwookiee.wordpress.com and enjoyed it. It is a monster of a book but has its problems as its made up from lots of little stories strung together. I really shouldn't bee to mean as I get on with the author as he rips into my own work. It is a very violent book at times but there are also time where the action is simple unbelievable in both good and bad ways.

Has it put me of his work? No, cant wait to
Milo (Bane of Kings)
(Original Post on The Founding Fields)

Okay, first of all, I’m going to apologise for not putting up any reviews since the 29 October. That was because I was reading this, The Legend of Adam Caine, which stands at 700 odd pages long, and is probably one of the biggest fiction books that I’ve ever read. If you’re looking for a comparison with it on the size, it stands at the same level as the currently in print versions of novels The Dragon’s Path by Daniel Abraham and Leviathan Wakes by James SA
Trinae
Reposted from my Amazon review.

Originally, I wanted to give this novel 3.5 stars, but that is not possible. Since the book rests closer to a 4-star rating than a 3-star rating, I went with what was more deserving.

The Legend of Adam Caine (TLoAC) is a book filled to the brim with peril, intrigue and a hearty helping of violence to tell the tale of a man saving a galaxy and in the process saving his own soul. The title character is a deeply troubled man with a colorful past, who stubbornly comes t
Jennifer Warrick Davis
I was given an e-copy in exchange for my honest review.

I usually don't read much Sci-Fi or War type books. I have to say, the blurb sounded really interesting to me. Don't let the rating throw you. I think the book was well written and had lots of action and a great plot. My issue was that it wasn't my cup of tea. Though it was well written, there seemed to be lots of description, which did seem to drag things out a bit. There was lots going on, and I mean lots. I had a hard time keeping up at
Stephanie Hughes
What an epic sci-fi - and that's epic in terms of size and content! Put this on my kindle for holiday and after 2 days of reading I still had several hours of reading ahead of me according to the e-reader! Loved it, complicated as it was, at the time couldn't face going straight on to next book in series but will be revisiting it very soon.
Shell Shearer Swinscoe
sorry tried really hard to get in to this book...but just couldn't sorry
Suechada
Sep 12, 2012 Suechada rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: every syfy fans
Recommended to Suechada by: Trinae
Author John C. Scott opened a new world filled with time travel, an epic quest and guns… lots of guns. Adam Caine, the reluctant hero forced into a conflict greater than the one inside himself, has your interest from page one. Sci-Fi fans should pick this up and be prepared for a while ride not only through space, but through time.
Dana
Have to admit, the body count was a bit high for my taste but the writing is well done and the action sequences, amazing. I'd recommend it to my friends who have heartier appetites for combat in their sci-fi.
Chris
I have just finished reading this book and enjoyed it very much. I even went as far as getting a nexus 7 so I could read this book better. Cannot wait for more books from John.
Doreen Dalesandro
Kindle freebie, 1/22/13
Callum Shephard
It’s hard to know what exactly to make of The Legend of Adam Caine. While hardly bad, it seems to almost work in spite of itself. Beginning in mid-2006, a group of travellers on-board a tube service are flung out of their time by an inhuman stranger lurking in their midst. The reason for their abduction lurks in the ambitions of a race far ahead of their time, and it does not bode well for any of them…

The plot itself contains plenty of points people will be familiar with. An alien abduction, tim
John Scott
Mar 15, 2012 John Scott rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
What? It's my book....
Gill Smith
Gill Smith marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2015
John Sunlight
John Sunlight marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2015
Moira Mcglynn
Moira Mcglynn marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2015
Darren
Darren marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2015
Liz Shaw
Liz Shaw marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
Angelia
Angelia marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Jody Dutton
Jody Dutton marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
Kathy
Kathy marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2015
Nicole Donze
Nicole Donze marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
James Groenestein
James Groenestein marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2014
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Iam Yalay
Iam Yalay marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Veronica
Veronica marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Rob
Rob marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Q&A with John Scott: Introduce Yourself! 11 7 Aug 24, 2012 11:57PM
Q&A with John Scott: Madness... 1 4 Jun 01, 2012 12:06PM
Q&A with John Scott: Literary goodiness... 1 3 Jun 01, 2012 12:03PM
Q&A with John Scott: Ask a question about the book(s), me or my process (if I had one, of course)... 1 2 Jun 01, 2012 12:00PM
Warped by many years of gratuitous violence and mayhem, and owing my writing to many more years of reading books and being more warped, am now living in Somerset, married to a wonderful wife and living with a multitude of amazing kids. Occasionally i like to write a bit and spar with madmen (Rowland, Ploss and Abhinav) and dabble some reading... If you've read my stuff, let me know...
More about John Charles Scott...
Recon One-Five Ghosts of Earth (Adam Caine #2) The Case of the Empty Killer The Lament of Reverend Bishop (Prelude to Ghosts of Earth #1) The Fall of Terra