Start by marking “Walking Into Walls: 5 Blind Spots That Block God's Work in You” as Want to Read:
Walking Into Walls: 5 Blind Spots That Block God's Work in You

Walking Into Walls: 5 Blind Spots That Block God's Work in You

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  47 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Stephen Arterburn identifies five blind spots that cause us to make poor choices - stubborn resistance, self-centered entitlement, justifiable resentment, blind ignorance, disconnected isolation. He then offers life-changing advice to help us conquer these self-defeating reactions - and make the changes permanent.
Published August 1st 2011 by Worthy Publishing (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Walking Into Walls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Walking Into Walls

Sunflower
I didn't know what to first expect, when I started reading, "Walking into Walls:5 Blind Spots that Block God's Work in You".

Was it self-help?

Is it a motivational?

What blind spots are we even talking about, but as I begun to read through Stephen Arterburn's book, I was impressed by, not just the style of writing, which was very laid back and conversational (always a good thing), but although this, like any book, is never a substitute for actual, face to face therapy, that is beneficial to work
D
Definition of insanity - doing the same things over and over and expecting different results. Those self-defeating behaviors that keep us "stuck" are the walls that Stephen Arterburn refers to in this book. The book gives lots of good examples and specific ways of dealing with things that have affected us but that we did not necessarilly have any control over. I felt like it was mostly geared to victims of past childhood abuse, which may be why I did not connect with it so much. It would be a go ...more
Tami
Sometimes it can feel like you are constantly walking into walls. You make it through one tough situation. Then, wham you find yourself in a similar situation. After a while, it’s hard to see any way out.

Walking into Walls looks at five common blind spots that keep us stuck: stubborn resistance, arrogant entitlement, justifiable resentment, disconnected isolation, and blind ignorance. I think at some time, we’ve probably all had our fill of these walls. If we are really honest, there are probab
Christy Wrenn
Every one should read this book. It really allows you to reflect on your life and the walls that you have definitely built that are keeping you from living up to your joys in life. READ IT!
Sandi Mackenzie
I didn't agree with everything in this book but overall...Stephen Arterburn makes you aware of the walls we create and the solutions to break down those walls.
Chad Stutzman
Great book about how to get healthy emotionally. Lots of great practical, Biblical advice. Well worth the read. Loved the chapter on how to get unstuck.
Bryan
Good stuff for dealing with past pain and other issues. Not as good as his Every Man series but still very useful.
theresa small
theresa small marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2015
Brand Knew
Brand Knew marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2015
Helen
Helen marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Kay Card
Kay Card marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2015
Jonathan Belle
Jonathan Belle marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Jennifer Howey
Jennifer Howey is currently reading it
Jan 11, 2015
Kathleen
Kathleen marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2015
Rachel
Rachel added it
Jul 25, 2014
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Mickey Basham
Mickey Basham marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Stephen Arterburn is the founder and chairman of New Life Ministries — the nation’s largest faith-based broadcast, counseling and treatment ministry — and is the host of the nationally syndicated “New Life Live!” daily radio program heard on over 180 radio stations nationwide. Steve is also the founder of the Women of Faith conferences attended by over 3,000,000 women.
Steve is a nationally known p
More about Stephen Arterburn...
Every Man's Battle: Winning the War on Sexual Temptation One Victory at a Time Every Young Man's Battle: Strategies for Victory in the Real World of Sexual Temptation Every Man's Marriage: An Every Man's Guide to Winning the Heart of a Woman Healing Is a Choice: 10 Decisions That Will Transform Your Life and 10 Lies That Can Prevent You from Making Them Every Man, God's Man (Every Man Series)