Start by marking “Young Henry and the Dragon” as Want to Read:
Young Henry and the Dragon

Young Henry and the Dragon

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  24 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Lost in the woods, young Henry can't get his campfire started. His toes are cold and he can't even make a cup of tea. But when he tries to trick a very disagreeable dragon into snorting out a flame by making the dragon laugh, the dragon gets the last laugh.
Published September 1st 2011 by Shenanigan Books

To ask other readers questions about Young Henry and the Dragon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Young Henry and the Dragon

RachelvlehcaR
I enjoyed the illustrations and the flow of the book. It was fun and had some silliness to it. Preschoolers and younger elementary schoolers will like this story.
Marathon County Public Library MCPL
A young traveling squire is forced to face a dreadful fear to ensure his survival. What could this fear be? Ingenious he needs to be to get the help he needs to survive. What we do find out is that laughter still stands to be the best medicine.

Pam S. / Marathon County Public Library
Find this book in our library catalog.
Angie
Henry needs fire and doesn't have any so he sets off to find a dragon. He tries to get the dragon to laugh so he can borrow some flames. But no matter what jokes he tells or what funny faces he makes he can't get the dragon to laugh. Then Henry trips and falls and the dragon giggles. Finally Henry has his fire and a new friend.

I really enjoyed this picture book. The story is imaginative and silly and the illustrations are gorgeous. I think this one is a hit!
Nicole
Really enjoyed this one. It would be so much fun to read/act out with a child or a group of children. And the artwork was wonderful - had sort of a medieval illuminated manuscript feel...but softer. Young Henry goes through all manner of jokes and gags trying to get the dragon to laugh so he can capture some of his flame for a fire...but it was the unexpected tumble that finally wins the dragon over :)
Shelli
If I were needing to start a fire to make dinner, I would first try the rubbing two sticks together method, or any other method BEFORE searching for the dragon's den to trick the beast within into giving up some fire. However, Young Henry tried that first. Boys are silly. Fun read aloud.
Imperfectlyrua Castle-Hackett
Delightfully written in rhymed couplets. Beautiful illustrations. My 5 year old did not want to send this back to the library. It's silly and sweet and engaging. Everything a good picture book should be
Tessa
This is a great book for kids who love dragons and for moms who want to avoid some of the dark and/or nasty stuff that can come in a dragon book. The story is pure silliness and the illustratiosn are great.
Nora
Lovely illustrations. Kids liked the goofing off. I liked the companionable end.
kate
Daphne
Daphne added it
Aug 16, 2014
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2014
Angel
Angel added it
Dec 18, 2012
Laura M
Laura M marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2012
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2012