Start by marking “The Forgetting Curve (Memento Nora, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Forgetting Curve (Memento Nora, #2)

The Forgetting Curve (Memento Nora #2)

Aiden Nomura likes to open doors—especially using his skills as a hacker—to see what’s hidden inside. He just keeps pulling until one cracks open, exposing the flaws. The universe—or someone else—will fix things. It’s like a game...until it isn’t.

When a Therapeutic Forgetting Clinic opens in Bern, Switzerland, near Aiden’s boarding school, he knows things are changing. Sho
Published May 15th 2012 by Marshall Cavendish (first published April 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Forgetting Curve, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Forgetting Curve

Pandemonium by Lauren OliverHallowed by Cynthia HandFever by Lauren DeStefanoA Million Suns by Beth RevisThe Golden Lily by Richelle Mead
2012 YA/MG Sequels
72nd out of 144 books — 843 voters
Insurgent by Veronica RothPandemonium by Lauren OliverUnder the Never Sky by Veronica RossiIncarnate by Jodi MeadowsReached by Ally Condie
Dystopian Novels of 2012
37th out of 62 books — 188 voters

More lists with this book...

Annette
May 09, 2012 Annette rated it liked it
The Forgetting Curve, the sequel to Memento Nora, continues the story of teens in a world where if something bad happens, all your memories can be erased with a pill. But, things have gone even farther....

The Forgetting Curve is narrated by three teens, just as Memento, but two of them are new. Winter is back. Aiden, Winter's cousin, is also a narrator. And Velvet, another friend, is the third.

It took me a while to get back into this world. There is virtually no explanation of the TFC (Therapeut
Ginny
Apr 13, 2012 Ginny rated it it was ok
Shelves: dystopia, arc, nook, 2012
The Forgetting Curve picks up close to where Memento Nora leaves off. This time, we are introduced to Winter's cousin Aiden. The events of Memento Nora create the story this time. As much as I hate to say, this was not my favorite of the two. I preferred the voices of Nora and Micah.

The Forgetting Curve sets up more of the story. It is a bridge (as I like to call it)-a necessary element to get to the next phase of the story. With that said, I am curious to see where things are going. And I love
Lenore Appelhans
MEMENTO NORA was narrated by three different characters: Nora, Micah and Winter. For THE FORGETTING CURVE, we once again get Winter as a narrator as well as Winter's cousin Aiden and Winter's friend Velvet.

Winter doesn't remember anything of the events of MEMENTO NORA, but before she was brain bleached, she sent Aiden copies of Micah's underground comic MEMENTO. Aiden comes home from his boarding school in Switzerland to intern at his father's tech company - a company he increasingly suspects ma
Nora
Aug 02, 2014 Nora rated it it was amazing
Short and sweet- Angie Smibert did it again! The Forgetting Curve like Memento Nora, features the not so friendly TFC once again meddling with people's lives. As in book 1, The Forgetting Curve also has 3 alternating points of view showing different side of the story(?) which are all linked together for a number of reasons.
I probably didn't summarise or whatever very well. The point is: read the books
Bonnie (A Backwards Story)
Also check out my interview with Angie Smibert, which talks about the series and what's to come!

THE FORGETTING CURVE really doesn't stand on its own, so if you haven't read MEMENTO NORA, I would suggest doing that first. I actually don't have a review up of the first book to link you to, so I'll sum it up here, then it's probably wise to stop reading if you don't want to be spoiled.

In MEMENTO NORA, Angie Smibert's debut dystopian novel, the world centers around TFC, a Therapeutic Forgetting Clin
Katrina Lantz
Feb 28, 2013 Katrina Lantz rated it it was amazing
DISCLAIMER: Not the actual blurb. Goodreads was lame, so I wrote my own:

Fresh out of his boarding school in Switzerland, where terrorist attacks are only just beginning, Aiden is looking for trouble, doors to rattle on, code to de-crypt, something--anything--to hack and charm his way into.
His cousin Winter sent him some strange hollowed out book filled with a homemade comic called MEMENTO, but when he joins her in the states, she doesn't remember sending it... or printing it... or ever seeing i
Brooke (The Cover Contessa)
I want to thank Net Galley for the opportunity to read and review this book.
Aiden Nomura is a teenager who likes to hack. He believes hacking opens doors for him that will ultimately expose what the universe means. When bombs start going off and TFC centers start opening up in Europe, where he goes to school, he knows things are changing. When his cousin Winter suddenly has a breakdown, he returns to the United States to find out what is going on. He meets others who believe the new chip being i
the golden witch.
3.5/5 stars.

It wasn't everything I hoped for in terms of a sequel, but the ending made up for some of the weaker (and repetitive) parts of the book. I seriously can't wait for book 3! This book goes about its business quietly (and quickly) but asks us to keep in mind - is this a future that might actually happen? Moreover, would we cooperate in similar circumstances?

So, if you haven't read the first book ("Memento Nora"), you might be a little lost here. Even if it's mostly narrated by a minor c
Joli
May 15, 2012 Joli rated it liked it
With Memento Nora, author Angie Smibert created an world where you could forget your worries and troubles by simply taking a pill. In The Forgetting Curve the world has changed and has become a place where your thoughts may no longer be your own. Let me just say that the world described in both of these books is a pretty scary place and definitely not a world I would want to live in.

The Forgetting Curve gives some back story to what happened in Memento Nora and some of the characters make an app
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
Originally posted here.

I read and reviewed Memento Nora earlier this year. The Forgetting Curve is a satisfying continuation of that story. In fact, I think I even liked this one better than the previous, due to the narrators, and the sheer creepiness of seeing the brain wipes in action.

Going into this one, I was a bit concerned, because I knew that this one had two new narrators replacing Micah and Nora. Anytime there's a POV change, I can't help but worry it will be for the worse. Thankfully,
Amanda K
Also reviewed on my blog, The Vintage Bookworm.

After finishing Memento Nora last year, I was extremely excited for this sequel to come out. I really thought the story line was intriguing and unique and I was going crazy waiting for it. Over the months while waiting for it, I completely forgot that the character's points-of-view were different than it's predecessor. In The Forgetting Curve, you follow Aiden, Winter, and Velvet. I really missed hearing about Norah and Micah, but following Aiden, W
Jessi
May 15, 2012 Jessi rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012-sophomores
The Forgetting Curve picks up right where Momento Nora left off, transporting us across the ocean to Winter's cousin, Aiden, living in Switzerland. Winter sent him the "Memento" comic book that we were introduced to previously. Aiden distributes the comic in Switzerland right before taking off for the US to spend the summer interning with the Nomura company.

Diving back into this world is a real trip. The sights and sounds are all familiar enough that the reader realizes this is a very near-futur
Brittany
Aug 16, 2013 Brittany rated it liked it
Aiden catches word that his cousin is in a bit of trouble. He's not doing great in school and ends up going back to the states. Here he finds a bare echo of what his cousin used to be. She seems bland now. Aiden needs to figure out what's going on with her and the rest of the world as the Forgetting Clinics seem to be taking over.

This book was a bit confusing at first, because there were so many story lines. There's also a small time gap between the last book and this one, so there's a bit of ca
A Canadian Girl
The sequel to Angie Smibert’s Memento Nora, The Forgetting Curve, requires you to have read and remembered what happened in the first book since it dives right back into the world of Memento Nora, but recaps everything very, very briefly. I find it therefore ironic that The Forgetting Curve deals with the concept of memory.

In Memento Nora, the story was narrated through the eyes of Nora, Micah and Winter. Although Winter’s voice is back in The Forgetting Curve (though she didn’t seem as fascinat
Savannah (Books With Bite)
Apr 08, 2012 Savannah (Books With Bite) rated it really liked it
This is another great series with an awesome plot. The Forgetting Curve picks up where it left off from Memento Nora, only this time, on the other side of the world. If you have not read the first book, I suggest you do. There are several reference and some characters from the first book that show up in this book.

One reference I really adored in the comic book Memento Nora. This book has found its way across the world. Others are reading it and taking hold of what the government is doing. I love
cecilia
May 26, 2012 cecilia rated it really liked it
While I had been hoping for more about Nora and Micah with The Forgetting Curve, I was oddly relieved when the story jumps into a different plotline with a new cast of characters. Perhaps I took my own forgetting pill, but I enjoyed these characters a whole lot more than the original cast. I cannot pinpoint why, but I think it might have to do with my small guilty penchant for computer hackers and Aiden was just too glossy and charming for words. Obviously Memento Nora was just the beginning of ...more
Cherie
Oct 26, 2013 Cherie rated it it was amazing
Forgetting isn’t an option in Angie Smibert’s The Forgetting Curve.

I loved the introduction of new characters, such as Aiden Nomura. Velvet’s Book of Velvet sayings were very glossy and had a way of breaking up the tension in this fast-paced novel. Winter, Nora, and Micah are back, although they’re not quite the same after Memento Nora.

The stakes keep getting higher in this novel. Their world is changing, but is it for the better—or worse? As the government tries to keep everyone in their place,
Anastasia Tuckness
I enjoyed this one as much as I enjoyed the first one (Memento Nora); it will stand on its own and doesn't require having read the first one. Smart kids who are figuring out how to work within the system to destroy the system itself. There was a big tech/computer/hacker element to this book that will appeal to a new group of readers, similar to Little Brother.

Recommended for teens who want a fast read, those who like "rebel against the gov't" books, and those who enjoy a fast-paced plot with int
Alissa Grosso
Feb 28, 2013 Alissa Grosso rated it it was amazing
This sequel to Memento Nora is a fast-paced dystopian thriller. Realistic and sympathetic characters including a couple of new narrators, make for a book that draws readers in and keeps them turning pages into the very end. The scary science in this future world is believable and makes this tale that much more haunting.

The short length and quick pace makes for a great book for reluctant readers or anyone looking for an action-packed dystopian novel.
Brei-ayn
May 25, 2012 Brei-ayn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
i really liked this book it got alittle confusing but still really great. i think one of the reasons i was confused was i didnt read the first book. anyway i loveeee the characters and the ending left me begging for more i wonder what happens i will definitely get the next one in the series and the first one of course:) thx u angie smibert for the signed copy i really love it
Chesky_division
Jul 06, 2012 Chesky_division rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads, winners
I wish I could find number one our local library does not have it.. This was a really good book even with out first reading the first in the series. Whats the most scary about this story is that you can see a lot of the things happening in real life and the technology is almost there.. Wish this book was a little longer. I even liked how nicely the book was bound.
Crystal
Jan 16, 2015 Crystal rated it really liked it
It was much easier to get into this one since I was already accustomed to the writing style.
While Memento Nora seemed a bit far fetched, this one was easier to believe. Scary even. Well written with good editing...overall an enjoyable read...
Lissy :)
Jul 17, 2012 Lissy :) rated it it was amazing
Kimberly
Mar 22, 2014 Kimberly rated it really liked it
I liked this one a lot, but it didn't have quite the same dialogue and character development as the first one. Still a good story and a very easy read.
Kerri
Jan 10, 2015 Kerri rated it liked it
Good conspiracy theory trilogy. Teens fight "big brother" in an effort to keep from being brain bleached.
Deborah Morgan
The second book of who knows how many. This book definitely leaves the ending open, which upsets me because I am reading an advanced copy, which means I will have to wait forever for the third book.
Jami Leigh
Oct 14, 2013 Jami Leigh rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, 4-stars, trad-pub, 2013
Plot: 4 stars
Characters:4 stars
Style: 4 stars
Pace: 4 stars
It gets points for being a second book while managing to have it's own plot arc.
Paul
Paul rated it liked it
Jul 17, 2014
Nadine Dunaway
Nadine Dunaway rated it really liked it
Oct 18, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Silhouette
  • Back in Fashion (Sirenz, #2)
  • UnCONventional
  • Grim
  • The Eyes of the Desert Sand (Chrysalis Chronicles #1)
  • Cordially Uninvited
  • The Strange Case of Doctor Jekyll & Mademoiselle Odile
  • 13 Hangmen
  • Torn
  • Cathedral of Dreams
  • My Favorite Mistake (The A Circuit, #2)
  • The Face Thief
  • Truth (XVI, #2)
  • Nightsiders (Twelve Planets book 1)
  • Pharmacology
  • Grave Secrets (Deadtime Stories, #8)
  • Excelsior
  • Once Upon a Toad
I was born in Blacksburg, a once sleepy college town in the mountains of Southwest Virginia. I grew up thinking I wanted to be a veterinarian; organic chemistry had other ideas. But I always had stories in my head. Eventually, after a few degrees and few cool jobs—including a 10-year stint at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center—I wrote some of those stories down.

I'm the author of several young adult novel
More about Angie Smibert...

Memento Nora (3 books)
  • Memento Nora (Memento Nora, #1)
  • The Meme Plague (Memento Nora, #3)

“Yeah, I said the universe. Call it Fate or The Force or whatever you want. Everything is everything. It's all part of one big system. I like to think of it as the universe.” 2 likes