Start by marking “Maisy Drives the Bus” as Want to Read:
Maisy Drives the Bus

Maisy Drives the Bus (Maisy)

In this brand-new adventure familiar to children who watch Maisy on Nick Jr., Maisy and her friends act out the lively adventures young children have—or dream of having—every day. In MAISY DRIVES THE BUS, Maisy visits each bus stop to pick up passengers. Who's waiting at the stops? Preschool fans will be thrilled to climb aboard for the ride and find out. Here's another ve ...more
Published May 1st 2000 by Candlewick Press

To ask other readers questions about Maisy Drives the Bus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Maisy Drives the Bus

Gemma
Sep 25, 2011 Gemma rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My daughter chose this book from her school library because, in her words, 'I liked the book. I liked that there was a cat in it and the bus and the mouse person and her uniform that she is wearing.'

I think the illustrations are colourful, simple and appealing to young children. The illustrations also incorporate shapes and things that a young reader will recognise, eg heart shapes, squares, flowers, different animals and a rainbow.

The text's font is a 'fun' font, not the standard Times New Rom
Cathy
Feb 21, 2017 Cathy rated it really liked it
My two-year-old has recently become obsessed with Maisy books, and this is her favorite one. She loves guessing who will be at each bus stop and waving hello to them.
I worked with a child who LOVED this particular Maisy story...I don't know HOW many times I read it but I'm happy to never read the story again (if that happens). The first 20 or so times I didn't mind reading it as I found different ways to interact with the book and the child listening to the story seemed to enjoy what I did but yeah after that I slowly started to 'hide' the book to show other interesting books or different Maisy books were available to read (which worked).

So, bright and colou
Janice
Mar 11, 2014 Janice rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
Good for toddler through beginning readers

Love the Maisy books. Bright colors and bold drawings keep the eye of the young child. The words are simple, but tell a story.

These books are good for read aloud to little ones, and then those same little ones can use them as easy readers because the pictures also tell the story.

Love the fact that Cousins uses the comma properly in nouns of direct address!!
Brandie
Feb 05, 2017 Brandie rated it it was amazing
Reading with grandbabies is super fun! Especially when her name is Maisy!
Vicki
Oct 24, 2013 Vicki rated it really liked it
Who doesn't love Maisy? I don't think I've come across a book about her that I didn't like. This a great book, very simple that includes counting up to five. With the different (English) names for Maisy's friends, it also provides opportunities for new vocabulary. If you use this for a storytime, it's easy to pair with the song "The Wheels on the Bus"!
jacky
Sep 13, 2011 jacky rated it liked it
This wasn't my favorite Maisy book because the subject wasn't as fun as some of the others. I liked that different characters were picked up at each stop, and that the stops were numbered makes it a bit of a counting book. It would be more fun for us if we used the bus.
Morgan Thompson
Oct 03, 2015 Morgan Thompson rated it really liked it
Shelves: beginning-books
This is a simple little book for young readers to pick up and read. The colors and artwork are very primary which gives it a simple tone that would not overwhelm, say, a Kindergartener who is learning to read.
Feb 14, 2013 Jennifer rated it it was ok
This is a good book for children that are learning numbers or how to read. It is repetitive and simple enough for kids to figure out.
Robin Rousu
Apr 08, 2015 Robin Rousu rated it it was amazing
Has so much staying power. Seriously, I have read this hundreds of times to both my kids and all of us still enjoy it.
Megan Gery
Nov 30, 2016 Megan Gery rated it did not like it
Meh. Maisy annoys me.
J L's Bibliomania
Jan 21, 2013 J L's Bibliomania rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
1001 Children's Books You Must Read Before You Grow Up recommends Maisy Goes to Playschool, but the Maisy book we found first (and the favorite of my toddler boys) was Maisy Drives the Bus
Joanna
Jul 27, 2007 Joanna rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrensbooks
Highly recommended by Cole & Harper. I love the vibrant illustrations by Lucy Cousins.
Jamie Addison
Jul 07, 2012 Jamie Addison rated it it was amazing
This book also teaches counting.
Tiffany
Aug 02, 2010 Tiffany added it
Shelves: prediction
This is a simple story of animals boarding a bus one at a time. And you guess who comes next.
Rachel
Jan 03, 2011 Rachel rated it it was ok
This is a very simple book perfect for preschool-age children. It's bright colored illustrations even captured the attention of my 5-month-old baby :)
Pernilla
Pernilla rated it it was ok
May 07, 2014
Rosie
Rosie rated it it was amazing
Mar 11, 2012
Keegan
Keegan rated it really liked it
Oct 13, 2008
Amy
Amy rated it it was ok
Sep 07, 2013
Mrs. Bond
Mrs. Bond rated it really liked it
Jan 26, 2011
Mckinley
Mckinley rated it really liked it
Jul 14, 2015
Wendy
Wendy rated it really liked it
Jul 09, 2017
Karen
Karen rated it liked it
Feb 18, 2013
Safa
Safa rated it liked it
Feb 12, 2008
Stgertrude
Stgertrude rated it liked it
Oct 11, 2011
Christie Angleton
Christie Angleton rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2014
Sarah Stumphf
Sarah Stumphf rated it it was ok
Feb 21, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • I Love Bugs!
  • Puppies and Piggies
  • Mommy, Carry Me Please!
  • Dodsworth in Rome
  • Meeow and the Pots and Pans
  • Oliver Finds His Way
  • I'm Big!
  • My Bike
  • Lyle and the Birthday Party
  • Mary had a little lamb
  • Whose Nose and Toes?
  • Time for a Hug
  • Way Down Deep in the Deep Blue Sea
  • Soup Day
  • What Pete Ate from A to Z
  • Demolition
  • Hello, Day!
  • Good Night, Sweet Butterflies: A Color Dreamland
Lucy Cousins, BA Honours in Graphic Design from The Faculty of Arts and Architecture, Brighton Polytechnic, postgraduate degree from Royal College of Art, is an author-illustrator of children's books. She is best known for her books featuring Maisy Mouse but she has also published other children's books including one about Noah's Ark. She is a mother of four and lives in Hampshire, England. Her ow ...more
More about Lucy Cousins...

Maisy (1 - 10 of 140 books)
  • Maisy Goes to the Library
  • Maisy's Bedtime
  • Maisy Big, Maisy Small
  • Doctor Maisy
  • Maisy's Pool
  • Maisy Goes Camping: A Maisy First Experience Book
  • Maisy Cleans Up
  • Maisy Takes a Bath
  • Maisy's Rainbow Dream (Maisy)
  • Maisy Makes Gingerbread