Start by marking “Legacy (Wintercraft, #3)” as Want to Read:
Legacy (Wintercraft, #3)

Legacy (Wintercraft #3)

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  285 ratings  ·  44 reviews
Rumours abound of lost souls roaming Albion's graveyard city of Fume, wreaking chaos. The veil is weakening and Dalliah Grey, Kate's travelling companion, is determined that they must both be there when it falls.
Published May 10th 2012 by Headline

Siege and Storm by Leigh BardugoInk by Amanda SunAshes on the Waves by Mary LindseyAnother Little Piece by Kate Karyus QuinnDare You To by Katie McGarry
New YA June 2013
37th out of 69 books — 91 voters
The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick NessHarry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingNoughts & Crosses by Malorie BlackmanHarry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling
Best #UKYA Books
178th out of 428 books — 332 voters

More lists with this book...

colleen the fabulous fabulaphile

I'm rounding up on this one, and it's sort of for the whole trilogy, because while the writing still has some issues like clunky dialogue and exposition and not always being able to figure out how we get from point A to point C while seeming to bypass point B - overall I still just like the story and the world and characters.

I mean, it has magic, mystery and mayhem, deals with the veil between the worlds, has intrigue, betrayal, redemption, suspense... in some ways there's not much not to lik
May 12, 2012 Annamarie rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
Shelves: own
Wow what can I say, Wintercraft: Legacy is the best of the three book in the series and it was definitely worth the wait.

Jenna ended Blackwatch with a massive cliffhanger. I couldn't wait to get a copy and was lucky enough to get it a few days before the release date because I pre-ordered it so I didn't have to wait for months like I did last time.

When I got my copy I had some questions I was hoping were going to get answered: What will happen to Kate now Dalliah Grey has her? What does she want
Elizabeth "Liza"
I was dying to read the conclusion of the Wintercraft series, sadly, my local library took forever to bring the book. If you recall, the ending of Blackwatch was quite dire and all seemed hopeless (like the drama?). I should have trusted Burtenshaw to be able to get Kate, Silas and Edgar out of that bind.

The story of Wintercraft is so unique. The idea of a city where the dead was buried and was tended by a specially trained group of people and then abandoned it’s hard to imagine. Even harder is
Jessica D
This is a hard one.... I'm struggling between 3 stars and four. It was a good book overall, just a bit clunky and slow at some parts, but still pretty interesting and action-packed.

Highlight: SILAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That dude made the books SO much better. He was actually the least shallow of the characters, and was just plain awesome. Liked his back story, glad we got into it. I like how he and Kate were friends. It made me feel warm and fuzzy inside. No joke.

Mehs: Kate. I liked Kate,
Mary Jane
Much Better Than the 2nd One

WINTERVEIL rarely had a slow moment, unlike BlACKWATCH which had me skimming at times. It was fast-paced and captivating. But it still isn't worthy of 5 stars, mainly of the constantly changing POV and sometimes poor sentence structure. Also, I felt like the veil wasn't explained enough. Maybe it's just me, but I was confused on some aspects of it.

I feel like there isn't much I can say without spoiling anything. Kate seemed to have more a personality in this one, whic
I enjoyed this book because it was the ending to a trilogy I enjoyed, more than I enjoyed it as a book for its own sake. A lot of the action was narrated to the reader in a bundle as a fait accompli, and a couple times I hate to say it but the dreaded info dump reared it's ugly head. There was a lot of text for what amounted to very little taking place in some parts, and in other parts a lot happened but I'm still not exactly sure what. Can someone clarify for me exactly what ended up happening ...more
Despite the excellent writing this is definitely an underrated series in the sense it does not get the publicity that other less well written series receive. If you like fantasy and strong female characters this is definitely an excellent edition to a well constructed YA series!

Jenna Burtenshaw is a wonderful story teller. She has a fresh voice, this story was refreshing.

The characters are believable in their decision making and actions. I think my favorite character is Silas. I had a hard time
Aug 28, 2013 Jolene marked it as get-from-library  ·  review of another edition
Gah! This was released in the UK 4 months ago. 4 MONTHS!!! We can't even get a release date here in the US :-/
Charlotte Phillips
This is one of those series that you can read at any time and read far apart and you can still remember what has happened, when it happened and how it happened. the book was powerful in this sense and context because it leaves you wanting more from it and needing to finish what is going to occur from there on. I love this series of books for so many different reasons. Its not my usual sort of book that I would actually read but the very fact that it springs to life when I am reading it is the ma ...more
Once Upon

When I received this book in the mail, my first thought was, "Oh no! It's Fantasy." I'm not a really a huge fan of Fantasy books because I usually get lost in the details. The devil was not in the details in this story and that ended up being a really wonderful thing because my second hang up for reading this story was that it is the third in a trilogy that I have not read. It's hard as a reviewer to take on this task but I will say that my interest is piqued. I will definitely have to
Casia Courtier

I received this First Reads Goodreads Giveaway book for an honest review.

There is only one word to describe this book in its trilogy: EPIC. Yes, that's right, I believe this is the best out of the three books in the Wintercraft trilogy. Burtenshaw had introduced her characters in SHADOWCRY (or WINTERCRAFT outside of the US). She then introduced the main villain and most of the corruption in the second book, BLACKWATCH. However, it is WI
Leanne Bell
It seemed like a very long wait to read Legacy especially giving the ending of the previous book and the cliffhanger it was left on.
I have a huge book crush on Silas and I'm not ashamed to admit it and I'm not sure if it's because he's such a bad boy or maybe because he's a tortured soul...or maybe I just really like guys with a dark mystique about them ;)
Thankfully though I'm not completely vain because the main reason I love this series so much is because it's original, dark and takes ghosts,
Assim que vi a capa do primeiro livro e respectivo título fiquei interessada, quando li a sinopse, muito curiosa fiquei, e assim que li os três livros desta fantástica trilogia, fiquei fã!
O final do segundo livro foi deixado em aberto, fazendo-me reter a respiração até ao término d'O Legado!
Já não lia uma série juvenil tão original há bastante tempo.
Kate, a nossa heroína encontra-se sob a influência da malvada Dalilah, mas, aos poucos, a sua memória começa a voltar.
Entretanto, o nosso herói Edga
Eden Grey
Nov 12, 2013 Eden Grey marked it as maybe-finish-later  ·  review of another edition
First impression: Another strong female protagonist who has discovered she has superpowers, has accepted herself despite the mistakes she made, and must make a crucial decision to save someone/thing that will most likely destroy a city and lead to the death of some people. Oh yea, and there is a cool guy following her, with his own problems, but he'll support her no matter what, even if they fight a lot, and they'll love each other forever.
Second impression: The strong female protagonist is a po

O volume anterior acabou com Kate a ser subjugada por alguém mais forte do que ela (pelo menos aparentemente tem mais truques na manga), e completamente amnésica volta para Albion para destruir o Véu, unindo assim os mortos aos vivos e acabando de vez com a Vida como a conhecemos.

Mas existem mais personagens que fomos conhecendo nos outros 2 livros que têm os seus planos pessoais e vão tentar alterar o destino que Dalliah pretende.

Este livro quase que merecia as 5 estrelas, pois a originalidade
It was as good as the ones before,possibly the best of the whole series, it is very intriguing and dark, takes you to the depth of the veil between life and death, but the excess description and wording made it a bit boring and killed the excitement of the events happening.
Kimberly Kosydor
It took me forever to get through this one, but I still loved the characters and world. This one moved slower for me than the other two and the ending was good, but not great. Silas is my favorite!
I couldn't focus on it half the time. It definitely is not one of my favorites. It almost has a plot like Percy Jackson with killing enemies and wars against enemies. I would suggest starting from book one because I started with this one and it started to talk about things that probably happened in the other books so it can get confusing, but after a chapter or two you do get used to the plot. It doesn't really have that much figurative language if you prefer books with that.It has an interestin ...more
Kim Heimbuch
This is the third book in The Secrets of Wintercraft series. I haven’t read either of the prior books, but this book stood alone just fine; however, as with most series, you get a deeper story of the characters and their world, it’s always best to start at the beginning. This was definitely a well written book and Kate Winters definitely is a powerfully written character that most readers will be able to relate to, outside the special powers stuff of course.
Read entire read on my website at http
I'm usually not a huge fan of fantasy (most of them never clicked with me), but after I received this book and tried it, I am definitely willing to continue on.
A story about the Skilled and Walkers or people who have an ability to communicate in a way with the dead and the other side aka veil, a city where the dead lives, and the world of this book in general, really, intrigued me.
I didn't fully understood what happened in the earlier books so that's why I left it at 4stars, but after catchi
This was a bit of a convoluted ending to a good trilogy. I did feel that she wrapped it up adequately.
I really liked this series because of the way the main characters have this bond with one another. There's a feeling of almost lovers or sibling love between Silas,Kate and Edgar. Part of me wants romance but I am quite happy this book had none at all. I feel a bit bittersweet about what happens because I wanted a certain someone to find peace at the end. The danger is over but I suppose the open ending gives me hope that things will be ok. I know this is the last book but part of me wants a boo ...more
4.5 stars. Wonderful story with full, gripping characters.
I didn't find this one as interesting as the previous two books, but still good. No swearing is a plus
I was so excited to see this trilogy to the end. Edgar is a valiant friend and Silas remains a mystery but with a tried and true heart! I love that Kate's character waivers so much between known and unknown and bad and good in this last book. I was a little disappointed by the slow and fairly undramatic finish to such an exciting start, but with that being said...It was a great series and I enjoyed it.
I really enjoyed this series, but am lamenting the fact that there wasn't more characterization in it. The series had some excellent place descriptions & action sequences, but it was hard for me to identify strongly with the characters. Example: there was talk about how important Edgar & Kate were to each other, but I didn't SEE or FEEL it while I was reading this.
I found this book to be very interesting. The whole magic system was quiet different than others I have seen before, and it really worked for me. The characters were well defined and likable. I do recommend reading the others in the series first, because a few things were not explained in this book, however the book could be read as a stand alone.
I feel a little guilty giving this only 3 stars because I didn't read book 1 or 2 in the series. There was quite a bit of action but I just didn't care enough about the characters and I might have cared more had a read the other two books.

This was a decent read but I just wasn't that invested. Fine for middle or high school students.
  • The Autumn Palace (Ondine Book #2)
  • The Stone Demon (The Iron Witch, #3)
  • Tide (Sarah Midnight, #2)
  • Winging It (The Dragon Diaries, #2)
  • Circle of Light (Light, #3)
  • Changing Grace (Beyond Time, #2)
  • The Nightmare Garden (Iron Codex, #2)
  • The Facebook Diet: 50 Funny Signs of Facebook Addiction and Ways to Unplug with a Digital Detox
  • My Life From Hell (The Blooming Goddess Trilogy #3)
  • The Weight of Souls
  • Florence (Florence Waverley, #1)
  • The Girl in the Mask
  • If I Could Fly
  • A Vision of Green (Florence Vaine, #2)
  • Leah's Choice (Hannah's Daughters, #4)
  • Queen of Always (Stolen Empire, #3)
  • A Hope Springs Christmas (Brides of Amish Country, #7)
  • The Book of Love (The Secret Sisterhood of Heartbreakers, #2)

Wintercraft (3 books)
  • Wintercraft (Wintercraft, #1)
  • Blackwatch (Wintercraft, #2)
Wintercraft (Wintercraft, #1) Blackwatch (Wintercraft, #2)