Start by marking “Children Of The Flower Power” as Want to Read:
Children Of The Flower Power

Children Of The Flower Power

2.8 of 5 stars 2.80  ·  rating details  ·  98 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Three generations (Grand-mother, daughter, Grand-daughter) clash in a romantic comedy during the summer of 2003 on a old hippy commune that jumps back to life for a Fourth of July reunion.

When 15 year old New Yorker, Sally Williams, gets stuck for the summer on her grand-parents old hippy commune in Beddington, Maine, all heck breaks loose. Things take an interesting turn
Published (first published April 20th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Children Of The Flower Power, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Children Of The Flower Power

Ade
My best friend gave me this book, but sadly I didn't particularly like it. It wasn't necessarily bad, but it wasn't for me. Who knows, maybe if I re-read it, I'll like it.

EDIT: I won't change my rating, because I don't do stuff like that unless I have a legitimate reason to hate the book, but I will say that the author said something racist to me, so... yea.
Tusora
I bought this cute indie book through my Kindle. The writing was structured in a way that made it hard to read; it didn't flow. At some points the writing is pretty sloppy. I did like the overall theme and ideas, but the way they were presented was less than santisfactory. The tone of the book came off as preachy, which really turned me off. I did finish the book. Overall I wouldn't be able recommend this book to anyone. :(
Teresa
Jul 21, 2012 Teresa marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Not. Again.
Cici
What can I possibly say about this book? It was awesome. Normally I don't say that about a hippie book, but I have to admit it exceeding my expectations... Though I still wish there was some zombie violence or a murderer on the lose... And the covers a little cheery... But, all of that put aside it was great.

Carz, you did a good job with this book. :] (Next time put a murderer on the lose!!!)
Elvia
I loved the story. The ONLY issue I had with this book was the grammatical errors...commas, semi-colons, etcetera, where they shouldn't be. It threw me off enough to almost want to stop. I had to keep telling myself to ignore it so I could read into the story itself.

I did fall in love with the characters. They kept me involved. :)
Howdy YAL
The character creeps me out in the sample. Therefore, I am not buying it. The syntax is also weird.
Kaethe
Jul 17, 2014 Kaethe marked it as stricken  ·  review of another edition
another internet author meltdown
Natshane
Take a chance on life.

Children of the Flower Power in an amazingly written book that you would want to curl up with if you're seeking for a funny, adventurous, unique night. Maybe I'm understating things, Children of the Flower Power had definitely changed my perceptions in so many things! It's just that, I never had so much fun reading than I did with this. This book covers from love to friendship, to life and family, and maybe a bit of stubborness.

I want to join the Children of the Flower Powe
Jane
Dec 04, 2013 Jane added it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: aar
See below
Sharon Atkinson
This was a great read. You become the characters and feel their laughter and loving. It is beautifully written and captures you, the moment you start to read it. It is a book that can not be put down becuase you too are or the journey that the Children of the Flower Power take. A story of love and finding yourself and making dreams come true.
Mariam of the Yemen
This book is not the my usual type of reading, but i loved it. There were sad moments and there were happy moments. Basicly the Children of The Flower Power was... wait for it.. "Far out!"

By the way Carroll, the 6+ months spent on writing this was definitely worth it!
Kaitlin
I think I'm bias in a way because the only reason I read this book was because it had a lot 1960s referces and I love the 60's or the late 1960s
Phil
Thanks Carrol So much for letting me read this, it was truly amazing, check out my review on my youtube channel
Eric
Sort of liked it, preety good
Meg Mcauliffe
Meg Mcauliffe marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2015
Jeltema Trip
Jeltema Trip marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2015
Stephannie
Stephannie marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2015
Tina
Tina marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
Samantha
Samantha marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2015
Jessica L Fiedler
Jessica L Fiedler marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2015
Sanniara
Sanniara marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2015
Nori
Nori marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2015
Anca  Ciochina
Anca Ciochina marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2015
Luann
Luann marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2015
  • The Journey Begins
  • When Destiny Knocks (Destiny Saga, #1)
  • Tats
  • The Gunfighter and The Gear-Head (The Raven Ladies, #1)
  • Dance Of The Goblins (The Goblin, #1)
  • Learning To Love
  • The Sword and the Dragon (The Wardstone Trilogy, #1)
  • League of Strays
  • The Secret of Castle Cant: Being an Account of the Remarkable Adventures of Lucy Wickwright, Maidservant and Spy
  • The World Rose
  • Nothing Bad is Going to Happen (No One Else Can Have You, #2)
  • Adela Arthur and the Creator's Clock (The Chronicles of A, #1)
  • Jacob Wonderbar and the Cosmic Space Kapow (Jacob Wonderbar, #1)
  • Revealing Eden (Save the Pearls, #1)
  • Birth Control Is Sinful in the Christian Marriages and Also Robbing God of Priesthood Children!!
  • The Forever Girl (The Forever Girl #1)
Last Flight Out Year of the Cat Of The Light

“If they're not going to respect you, then they best damn well fear you.” 30 likes
“The reason time is always running out is because it has nothing else better to do.” 24 likes