Start by marking “Children Of The Flower Power” as Want to Read:
Children Of The Flower Power

Children Of The Flower Power

Three generations (Grand-mother, daughter, Grand-daughter) clash in a romantic comedy during the summer of 2003 on a old hippy commune that jumps back to life for a Fourth of July reunion.

When 15 year old New Yorker, Sally Williams, gets stuck for the summer on her grand-parents old hippy commune in Beddington, Maine, all heck breaks loose. Things take an interesting turn
Published (first published April 20th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Children Of The Flower Power, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Children Of The Flower Power

Ade
My best friend gave me this book, but sadly I didn't particularly like it. It wasn't necessarily bad, but it wasn't for me. Who knows, maybe if I re-read it, I'll like it.

EDIT: I won't change my rating, because I don't do stuff like that unless I have a legitimate reason to hate the book, but I will say that the author said something racist to me, so... yea.
Tusora
Jun 18, 2013 Tusora rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I bought this cute indie book through my Kindle. The writing was structured in a way that made it hard to read; it didn't flow. At some points the writing is pretty sloppy. I did like the overall theme and ideas, but the way they were presented was less than santisfactory. The tone of the book came off as preachy, which really turned me off. I did finish the book. Overall I wouldn't be able recommend this book to anyone. :(
Teresa
Jul 21, 2012 Teresa marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Not. Again.
Cici
What can I possibly say about this book? It was awesome. Normally I don't say that about a hippie book, but I have to admit it exceeding my expectations... Though I still wish there was some zombie violence or a murderer on the lose... And the covers a little cheery... But, all of that put aside it was great.

Carz, you did a good job with this book. :] (Next time put a murderer on the lose!!!)
Kaethe
Dec 19, 2013 Kaethe marked it as stricken  ·  review of another edition
another internet author meltdown
Elvia
Jun 04, 2011 Elvia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
I loved the story. The ONLY issue I had with this book was the grammatical errors...commas, semi-colons, etcetera, where they shouldn't be. It threw me off enough to almost want to stop. I had to keep telling myself to ignore it so I could read into the story itself.

I did fall in love with the characters. They kept me involved. :)
MJ
Jul 21, 2012 MJ rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: based-on-sample
The character creeps me out in the sample. Therefore, I am not buying it. The syntax is also weird.
Natshane
Jun 10, 2011 Natshane rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Take a chance on life.

Children of the Flower Power in an amazingly written book that you would want to curl up with if you're seeking for a funny, adventurous, unique night. Maybe I'm understating things, Children of the Flower Power had definitely changed my perceptions in so many things! It's just that, I never had so much fun reading than I did with this. This book covers from love to friendship, to life and family, and maybe a bit of stubborness.

I want to join the Children of the Flower Powe
Sharon Atkinson
Feb 22, 2012 Sharon Atkinson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great read. You become the characters and feel their laughter and loving. It is beautifully written and captures you, the moment you start to read it. It is a book that can not be put down becuase you too are or the journey that the Children of the Flower Power take. A story of love and finding yourself and making dreams come true.
Kaitlin
I think I'm bias in a way because the only reason I read this book was because it had a lot 1960s referces and I love the 60's or the late 1960s
Phil
Oct 04, 2011 Phil rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thanks Carrol So much for letting me read this, it was truly amazing, check out my review on my youtube channel
Jennifer Jacobs
Jennifer Jacobs rated it did not like it
Sep 27, 2014
Gillian Walsh
Gillian Walsh rated it did not like it
May 17, 2014
Rcramer
Rcramer rated it liked it
Nov 01, 2013
In2books
In2books rated it did not like it
Sep 27, 2013
Stephanie Seals
Stephanie Seals rated it it was amazing
Apr 10, 2016
Helena
Helena rated it it was ok
Feb 21, 2013
Earle W.
Earle W. rated it liked it
Nov 13, 2015
Elessar
Jun 20, 2016 Elessar rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It plot story is amazing, and characters is great, i enjoyed this book
Julia Anderson
Julia Anderson rated it it was amazing
Sep 05, 2011
TheRumKitteh
TheRumKitteh rated it really liked it
Aug 16, 2011
Adam
Adam rated it liked it
Mar 19, 2014
Lori
Lori rated it liked it
Apr 23, 2013
Megan Curd
Megan Curd rated it did not like it
Jul 22, 2012
Monique Thomas
Monique Thomas rated it really liked it
Mar 03, 2013
Jordan Tenner
Jordan Tenner rated it did not like it
Mar 21, 2014
Emma little
Emma little rated it really liked it
Feb 15, 2017
Victoria Denise Lee
Victoria Denise Lee rated it it was amazing
Nov 08, 2013
J.D. Stroube
J.D. Stroube rated it it was amazing
Jun 17, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • The Journey Begins
  • When Destiny Knocks (Destiny Saga, #1)
  • Tats
  • The Gunfighter and The Gear-Head (The Raven Ladies, #1)
  • Learning To Love
  • Dance Of The Goblins (The Goblin, #1)
  • League of Strays
  • The Sword and the Dragon (The Wardstone Trilogy, #1)
  • The World Rose
  • The Secret of Castle Cant: Being an Account of the Remarkable Adventures of Lucy Wickwright, Maidservant and Spy
  • Adela Arthur and the Creator's Clock (The Chronicles of A, #1)
  • Jacob Wonderbar and the Cosmic Space Kapow (Jacob Wonderbar, #1)
  • Revealing Eden (Save the Pearls, #1)
  • My Name is Dee
  • The Necro Device
  • The Butcher's Boy
  • The Reckless Engineer
  • The Forever Girl (The Forever Girl #1)

“If they're not going to respect you, then they best damn well fear you.” 29 likes
“The reason time is always running out is because it has nothing else better to do.” 22 likes