Start by marking “Where's Nancy? (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Super Mystery, #1)” as Want to Read:
Where's Nancy? (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Super Mystery, #1)

Where's Nancy? (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Super Mystery #1)

3.90  ·  Rating Details  ·  383 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews

Where's Nancy?

Nancy was going to tell you about this big mystery, but she disappeared. Poof. Just like that.

So now Bess, Ned, and me, George, have the Case of the Missing Detective on our hands. We've got to find Nancy!

Let me tell you, this sleuthing thing is no joke. We've worked with Nancy on lots of cases, but we've never had to do it ourselves -- and the stakes

Published June 1st 2005 by Aladdin (first published May 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Where's Nancy?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Where's Nancy?

Joanna
The thing about this Nancy Drew mystery that makes it stand out is the unique conceit of writing it from the perspective of the sidekicks. George and Bess narrate the whole thing, as the mystery is that Nancy herself has gone missing.

Granted, the mystery itself is not so difficult to solve, but the fact that it takes them the whole length of the book to work it out does kind of demonstrate why Nancy is the detective and her friends are the supporting cast. It also gives some nice perspective on
Coralie
Dec 25, 2015 Coralie rated it really liked it
This follows the Girl Detective line of the Nancy Drew books, so it's more modern. In spite of it's watered down feel (just how I feel about the Girl Detective and Undercover Brother's line in general), the story was intriguing and the characters are just as amusing. I particularly enjoyed the idea of Nancy's friends solving the mystery of the missing Nancy.
Sona
Apr 15, 2014 Sona rated it really liked it
Shelves: nancy, nancy-drew
Loved it and different from usual Nancy Drew mysteries.:)
Meredith Malsch
Recommends it for: Mystery Lovers
Kay
May 07, 2009 Kay rated it really liked it
Shelves: nancy-drew
This is the one that I'd wanted to read when I accidentally read the one about squash. I like this one a whole lot better. The pacing is sorta slow, but the plot is pretty decent, and it's definitely new seeing things from Bess and George's POV. This one I'd recommend
Lizzie
Aug 10, 2009 Lizzie rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone who loves a great mystery.
Recommended to Lizzie by: I found it myself.
Shelves: nancy-drew
Very good book! i would have never expected what happened. It was a different book since Nancy was the one missing and George, Bess, and NEd and to find her! I recommend it to everyone!
(Jen) The Artist Librarian
Feb 18, 2011 (Jen) The Artist Librarian rated it really liked it
An extra star since we got to see Bess, George, and Ned's point of view ... a fun, quick read in the style of the new "Nancy Drew: Girl Detective" book series --first person narrative.
Shreya=Drastically Random. Find the emoticon.
REALLY COOL! I liked how it would switch from Bess and George's perspectives, and I like how it clarified that Nancy's not the ONLY smart one. It was a little scary, but still good.
Kareena
Sep 04, 2014 Kareena added it
Shelves: read-mystery
I remember reading this a long time ago and thought it was cool because this time Nancy wasn't solving the mystery...
Jessica
Nov 12, 2009 Jessica rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nancy-drew
this book is not from nancy's point of view it is from george bess and neds view it is really good
Prashansa
Jun 27, 2011 Prashansa rated it liked it
Shelves: nancy-drew
Cool! It was somewhat (very, very little) boring without Nancy solving the mystery.
Aisha
Jan 26, 2011 Aisha rated it it was amazing
Book was great except i figured out where she was like in the first chapter! LOL!
Lauren
Jul 09, 2009 Lauren rated it really liked it
This book was kind of boring at first but then it turned out to be good.
Brittany
Feb 02, 2008 Brittany rated it really liked it
suspisious and everything a girl could want in a book
Katie
Sep 18, 2008 Katie rated it it was amazing
IT WAS REALLY A GOOD MYSTERY
Danielle
Nancy Drew.
Paridhi
Paridhi rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2016
Charity
Charity rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2016
Taylor
Taylor added it
Jan 16, 2016
Kathy~292
Kathy~292 rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2016
Mariya
Mariya rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2016
Anshita
Anshita rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2016
Marina
Marina rated it really liked it
Dec 24, 2015
  • Bonfire Masquerade
  • The Demon of River Heights (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels, #1)
  • The Light of Meridian (W.I.T.C.H. #7)
  • The Four Dragons (W.I.T.C.H. Chapter Books, #9)

Edna and Harriet Stratemeyer inherited the company from their father Edward Str
More about Carolyn Keene...

Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Super Mystery (3 books)
  • Once Upon a Crime (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Super Mystery, #2)
  • Real Fake (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Super Mystery, #3)