Start by marking “Where's Nancy? (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Super Mystery, #1)” as Want to Read:
Where's Nancy? (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Super Mystery, #1)

Where's Nancy? (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Super Mystery #1)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  332 ratings  ·  15 reviews

Where's Nancy?

Nancy was going to tell you about this big mystery, but she disappeared. Poof. Just like that.

So now Bess, Ned, and me, George, have the Case of the Missing Detective on our hands. We've got to find Nancy!

Let me tell you, this sleuthing thing is no joke. We've worked with Nancy on lots of cases, but we've never had to do it ourselves -- and the stakes

Published June 1st 2005 by Aladdin (first published May 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Where's Nancy?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Where's Nancy?

Susannah
Mar 17, 2008 Susannah rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Mystery Lovers
Joanna
The thing about this Nancy Drew mystery that makes it stand out is the unique conceit of writing it from the perspective of the sidekicks. George and Bess narrate the whole thing, as the mystery is that Nancy herself has gone missing.

Granted, the mystery itself is not so difficult to solve, but the fact that it takes them the whole length of the book to work it out does kind of demonstrate why Nancy is the detective and her friends are the supporting cast. It also gives some nice perspective on...more
Sona
Loved it and different from usual Nancy Drew mysteries.:)
Kay
This is the one that I'd wanted to read when I accidentally read the one about squash. I like this one a whole lot better. The pacing is sorta slow, but the plot is pretty decent, and it's definitely new seeing things from Bess and George's POV. This one I'd recommend
Lizzie
Aug 10, 2009 Lizzie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone who loves a great mystery.
Recommended to Lizzie by: I found it myself.
Shelves: nancy-drew
Very good book! i would have never expected what happened. It was a different book since Nancy was the one missing and George, Bess, and NEd and to find her! I recommend it to everyone!
The Artist Librarian (Jen)
An extra star since we got to see Bess, George, and Ned's point of view ... a fun, quick read in the style of the new "Nancy Drew: Girl Detective" book series --first person narrative.
Shreya=Drastically Random. Find the emoticon.
REALLY COOL! I liked how it would switch from Bess and George's perspectives, and I like how it clarified that Nancy's not the ONLY smart one. It was a little scary, but still good.
Koko
Sep 04, 2014 Koko added it
Shelves: read-mystery
I remember reading this a long time ago and thought it was cool because this time Nancy wasn't solving the mystery...
Jessica
this book is not from nancy's point of view it is from george bess and neds view it is really good
Prashansa
Cool! It was somewhat (very, very little) boring without Nancy solving the mystery.
Aisha
Book was great except i figured out where she was like in the first chapter! LOL!
Lauren
This book was kind of boring at first but then it turned out to be good.
Brittany
suspisious and everything a girl could want in a book
Katie
IT WAS REALLY A GOOD MYSTERY
Danielle
Nancy Drew.
Helen Pinzon
Helen Pinzon marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Gifta Annisa
Gifta Annisa marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2014
Sujaya
Sujaya marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
Alokika
Alokika marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2014
Tiana Lewis
Tiana Lewis marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
  • The Demon of River Heights (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels, #1)
  • Running on Fumes (Hardy Boys: Undercover Brothers, #2)
  • The Light of Meridian (W.I.T.C.H. Chapter Books, #7)
  • Illusions and Lies (W.I.T.C.H. Chapter Books, #6)
  • A Bridge Between Worlds (W.I.T.C.H. Chapter Books, #10)
  • The Fall of the Amazing Zalindas  (Sherlock Holmes and the Baker Street Irregulars #1)
  • Cam Jansen and the Valentine Baby Mystery (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #25)
  • Kidnapped at the Capital (Capital Mysteries #2)

Edna and Harriet Stratemeyer inherited the company from their father Edward Str...more
More about Carolyn Keene...
The Secret of the Old Clock (Nancy Drew, #1) The Hidden Staircase (Nancy Drew, #2) Nancy Drew: #1-64 The Bungalow Mystery (Nancy Drew, #3) The Mystery at Lilac Inn (Nancy Drew, #4)