Start by marking “My Demon” as Want to Read:
My Demon

My Demon

Clive beguiles and seduces and only Alex can see, hear, touch the Demon. He comes bearing a gift … and a warning. With the fate of their universes in the balance, Alex is the best candidate, hand-selected to save the human race, and Clive offers his guidance and support to help her fulfill her destiny.

It’s like having an imaginary friend but nineteen year old Alex soon lea
Published June 1st 2011 by Pfoxmoor Publishing (first published May 16th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about My Demon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Demon

Kath Middleton
May 07, 2012 Kath Middleton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Although I found it took a while to get going (largely I suspect because the doings of teenage girls don't hold my attention these days!) I found the concept amazingly good. Alex, a nineteen year old girl, begins to see a demon who is visible to no-one else. The fact that he is devastatingly attractive helps him to persuade her to follow his suggestions. Later, as she tries to back out, he uses more forceful tactics. He informs her that humanity is being taken over by an alien species and she ca ...more
Maria K.
Jun 29, 2011 Maria K. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror
What do we normally expect from an "apocalypse is coming, and the fate of the world rests in the hands of one chosen person"? A hero or a heroine, who is intelligent, tough, unfailingly courageous in the face of danger, charming and handsome (because how else can one engage the help of others in a quest if not by making them attracted to you). The hero is often guided by a magical being who is ancient, wise and patient.

The hero of "My Demon" Alex Walker is pretty, but she is not particularly sma
Nicky Foster
May 17, 2013 Nicky Foster rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this was probably one of the worst books I've ever read. The characters had no depth or feeling. I couldn't work out If it was supposed to be scary ( it wasn't!) or funny ( definately wasn't!) or whether it was just a book for dim teenagers and I should have stayed well clear.
The main character is just annoying and the story was tedious. I just don't understand why it has any good reviews because it reads like a story that has been handed as homework by a deluded teenager.
Tammy
Jul 07, 2012 Tammy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror, e-reader, free
Unusual and entertaining read.
Mely P.E.
 photo Goodreads Melys corner_zpsegf7wf4m.png

...Non so come definirlo. Da un lato la prosa mi è piaciuta, almeno all'inizio; evocativa e capace di esprimere molto in poche parole. Dall'altra... tutto il libro è una sorta di esperienza ai limiti dell'onirico e del folle, con una generosissima dose di WTF.
Passi il demone che ti influenza, ma al posto di Alex mi sarei fatta un po' più domande prima di agire, e soprattutto sarei rimasta attaccata ai miei valori e a una sana razionalità. L'intera faccenda puzzava di inganno.
Inoltre, dopo la pa
Jessica Degarmo
Apr 27, 2012 Jessica Degarmo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well, my evening is shot, but not in a bad way. I've just spent it reading this chilling, enthralling book, and I couldn't put it down until I was done!
Alex is a typical girl at the onset of the book, but all that changes with the arrival of Clive, a self-professed demon who dresses like a cartoon character unless he needs to terrorize his new plaything.
My Demon is an amazing read, and it delves deep into the psyche of a teen on the brink of so many things: adulthood, self-discovery and madness.
Tom
Feb 11, 2013 Tom rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wonder whether Alex would have found her demon, if only she hadn't smoked that new weed her boyfriend got.

However, Alexandra Walker did get high that night, she and her boyfriend Jeremy, all cozy in his minibus. While Jeremy foraged for snacks, Alex's attention was captured by the extremely handsome man wearing a red catsuit and fake red horns. All-too-soon, it became clear that only Alex could see and hear the odd man, who introduced himself as a demon named Clive.

In the beginning, it was ki
mountainmama
Jul 12, 2013 mountainmama rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Note: This title has been changed to 'Blue Smoke and Madness'

Alex has an imaginary friend. The only problem is he’s a demon who convinces her she must murder friends and family to prevent an alien takeover. Is he real? Is he telling the truth? Or is Alex delusional?

A very imaginative and original story concept – gruesome and erotic in a few places, but filled with tension and conflict as the demon exerts more and more pressure on the teenager.

I’ve read a few other books by Ms Hinsley, and have t
Mark Lewis
Nov 03, 2011 Mark Lewis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lisa Hinsley's novel My Demon is a hellish read.

Thia is a book I would HIGHLY recommend to anyone.
Netanella
Jun 23, 2012 Netanella rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, horror
Insanely good and totally unexpected.
Kristine
Kristine marked it as to-read
May 08, 2016
Tiffany Stewart
Tiffany Stewart marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2016
Pigletto
Pigletto marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2016
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2015
Shalini Nemo
Shalini Nemo rated it really liked it
Nov 03, 2015
Summaiya
Summaiya marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
Nika Won
Nika Won marked it as to-read
May 09, 2015
Christine Lewis
Christine Lewis rated it it was amazing
Mar 28, 2015
Catriona Laurie
Catriona Laurie marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Kat
Kat rated it liked it
Mar 22, 2015
Nika Sergeeva
Nika Sergeeva marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
Shane Dougall
Shane Dougall marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Christi drew
Christi drew marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2014
Ro Jordan
Ro Jordan rated it liked it
Jan 25, 2014
Debbie Burke
Debbie Burke marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2013
Catriona Laurie
Catriona Laurie marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Anya
Anya marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2013
akc
akc marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Lisa C Hinsley’s career has been varied, working as an architectural technician, a pet sitter, a pharmacy supervisor and most recently a carer/companion for elderly ladies, all the while writing when she can. Born in Portsmouth in 1971, Lisa grew up in England, Scotland, and America. She now lives on the Wirral, in northwest England, with her husband, three children, and four cats. Her hope is not ...more
More about Lisa C. Hinsley...