Start by marking “Choosing Love; Cowboy Drifter Volume 1 (Coming Out, #1-2)” as Want to Read:
Choosing Love; Cowboy Drifter Volume 1 (Coming Out, #1-2)

Choosing Love; Cowboy Drifter Volume 1 (Coming Out #1)

3.25  ·  Rating Details  ·  89 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Choosing Love

Cal has hidden his true feelings from Waylon for years, not willing to jeopardize their friendship. After a night of drunken passion, the truth finally comes out. While Cal learns to accept his true nature, Waylon is afraid to risk alienating his family. Will he live in denial or choose love? With the help of their sexy history teacher, Evan, the three men lea
Published September 1st 2011 by Siren Publishing (first published March 23rd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Choosing Love; Cowboy Drifter Volume 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Choosing Love; Cowboy Drifter Volume 1

T.A. Webb
***Mild spoilers***

This story had a lot of potential - all the pieces were in place to make this a realistic coming out story of two friends who secretly love each other. Instead, Ms. Wilder chose to bail out and try to make this some kind of political and moral statement.

Cal and Waylon have been friends for years, and could not be more different. Waylon is the jock, star of the college football team, and Cal is the loner who was kicked out by his family. The two are unlikely friends, and secret
Phaney
Apr 17, 2013 Phaney rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, ménage
2012 Review:

Um. Okay.

I feel a little undecided about this one. On the one hand, the romance between Cal and Waylon was sweet and intense, on the other the teacher disturbed me. He just… kind of shouldered his way into their relationship, or rather into their sex life. (view spoiler)
Serena Yates
Apr 15, 2011 Serena Yates rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m-m
I've got to be honest: this one troubled me on several levels. The characters are 'real' enough to have gotten me really involved - until the introduction of the guys' history teacher (and his actions) totally threw me. No way would a teacher, even at a university, act like this without severe scruples (none are mentioned). He definitely would not get away with it. As hot as the sex scenes were, I just couldn't take the whole situation seriously.

If this lack of realism and morality doesn't bothe
Mandi Schreiner
This one did not appeal to me...once the teacher got involved and they started having orgies in the classroom and at the teacher's house - I lost interest. The two heroes go from coming out to each other to massive sex fest with teacher and each other way too quick. The teacher really made me feel icky.
Janna
Aug 02, 2011 Janna rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, menage
Genre & keywords:
M/M/M, Contemporary, Ménage, College, Teacher-student, Coming out, Gay for You, Physical abuse

Backblurb:
With the help of their sexy history teacher, Evan, the three men learn that love h
Tyra Berger
May 10, 2011 Tyra Berger rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
A strong debut novel from Winona Wilder, she packs quite a punch in this highly emotional short story. It didn't take many pages before I felt myself drawn into Cal and Waylon's world.

Cal has been in love with Waylon for years. But Waylon is the star quarterback at their college and is dating one of the most popular girls in school. Resigned to being in the "just friends" column, he keeps his feelings to himself. Cal is afraid to come out to even his best friend after being disowned and kicked o
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
Cal and Waylon are red hot, and you want more than anything to see them come together and be able to share what they feel for each other, but the odds against them are tremendous. It hurts to imagine the bigotry these two young men will face if they are open about their feelings, and you fully understand Waylon’s desire to keep up appearances. Evan is a little more of a mystery in this whole scheme, as you never really get a feel for what his life was like before he met Cal and Waylon, and what ...more
Charlie Richards
I really liked this author's writing style. The story sucked me right in. The characters were, for the most part well developed (considering it's a reasonably short story). Their emotions were easily identifiable and their actions stuck with their personalities. The way the romance between the 3 characters deveoloped was charged with sexual tension with not too much outside conflict. This book was more about how Cal and Waylon accept that they're gay and build a relationship. My biggest concern ...more
Rachel
I'm a bit conflicted over what to rate it, because I really liked the first half of the book, but once their teacher, Evan, got involved, it kinda turned me off from what was going on after that point. There was no conflict from the guys, or any internal debate from Evan, over a teacher getting involved with not one, but two, of his students. I feel like you'd have to put your moralities and realism aside in order to really enjoy this book, which just didn't work for me.
ManOhMan
May 11, 2011 ManOhMan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Reviewed by Kerri: Hot! If there was one word to describe Choosing Love, that would be it.

They story isn't complicated or even that deep, but if you like hot guys and hot sex within a menage relationship, then you have to buy this one.

This one looks to be the start of a series. I can't wait for the others. Winona Wilder can write sex. Get this one now!

A+
Alana
Mar 27, 2011 Alana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Actually 3.5 stars - a good first book - a couple of times, thought things happened to abruptly, etc. But otherwise, it was a good book.
Rissa (an M/M kinda Girl!!)
Story was ok...i really would have liked to see how things would have gone with just Waylon & Cal :(
Isabella
Aug 12, 2011 Isabella rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a beautiful triad! A light read and steamy read.
A great first publication by Ms Wilder.
Marsha Spence
Feb 21, 2015 Marsha Spence rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: menage, contemporary
Enjoyed very much and thought it was very well done.
Ilani K.wise
Ilani K.wise marked it as to-read
May 26, 2016
Krissy
Krissy added it
May 26, 2016
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2016
Ansey
Ansey rated it liked it
Jan 09, 2016
P.w. Rusie
P.w. Rusie rated it it was ok
Dec 31, 2015
Maggie
Maggie added it
Dec 23, 2015
Alexandra
Alexandra rated it liked it
Dec 06, 2015
Al
Al rated it it was amazing
Sep 27, 2015
Kelly Johnston
Kelly Johnston rated it it was amazing
Sep 06, 2015
Elisa Rolle
Elisa Rolle marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2015
Kylie Smith
Kylie Smith marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2015
The Reader of the Tower
The Reader of the Tower marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2015
Kathy Maher
Kathy Maher marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2015
Donna
Donna rated it it was amazing
May 28, 2015
Marguerite Long
Marguerite Long rated it liked it
May 23, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Winona Wilder enjoys delving into the human mind and exploring emotion. She savors the challenge of mixing smoking hot sex with lovable, complex characters.

When not spending time with her husband and children in the Great Canadian North, she's typing away at her next m/m romance.

She also writes bestselling erotic romance as Stacey Espino.

More about Winona Wilder...

Coming Out (3 books)
  • Cowboy Drifter (Coming Out, #2)
  • Loving Tyler (Coming Out, #3)